Photo
- - - - -

[Recovery] Safestrap Recovery V3.1 [01/04 3.12 - Stock Flashing+] [All Versions]

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Updated OP for Safestrap v3.12:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

md5sum: 46032557a37e5df7c73ab982810c6a39
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

CHANGES:
  • [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
  • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
  • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
  • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
  • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
    • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
    • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
  • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
  • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)

Wow, thank you... Now I can run the ROM I want on stock and still have maximum space!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#42 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Wow, thank you... Now I can run the ROM I want on stock and still have maximum space!

confirming all roms work on stock no issues yet... im running eclipse.. i made a back up of it and erased the ROM-slot1 wipped stock and restored the back up onto it... worked no problems... and like you said maximum space saved. and didnt lose any data or anything.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#43 alenthehuskie

alenthehuskie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I tried flashing dhackers to stock on my razr m, tried multiple builds, but they ALL end up giving me a faild boot screen then i need to fast boot stock, please help? :(

#44 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:whillmom
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I tried flashing dhackers to stock on my razr m, tried multiple builds, but they ALL end up giving me a faild boot screen then i need to fast boot stock, please help? :(

I tried CM10 on stock and had to fastboot as well. I was going to try and flash a slimed version of stock next. That will probably have to wait till morning.

From the RAZR M

#45 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

did you wipe all? can you still boot into safestrap? if so than all you got to do is try booting into romslot1 and see what happens..

I tried CM10 on stock and had to fastboot as well. I was going to try and flash a slimed version of stock next. That will probably have to wait till morning.

From the RAZR M

I know for a fact eclipse is working fine...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#46 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

did you wipe all? can you still boot into safestrap? if so than all you got to do is try booting into romslot1 and see what happens..

And BDH...

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#47 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

What did you wipe before installing?

From the RAZR M

#48 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

What did you wipe before installing?

From the RAZR M

data cache factory system and internal

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#49 alenthehuskie

alenthehuskie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

yah ive tried the wipes, romslot 1 works, but installing cm10 to stock soft bricks the phone then i have to factory reset, ill try eclipse next, ide prefer not to use romslot one because it leaves ya with no memory >.<

#50 alenthehuskie

alenthehuskie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

the eclips log gives me "E:error in /external_sd/eclipse-razr-m-v1.0.zip
(status 0)
where the sm10 doesnt give that, but seems like i cant get either to work :(
the fast boot says failed to hab check for boot:0x56
fastboot reason:boot failure

#51 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

(status 0)

That is what happened to me when I flashed CM10 to stock yesterday. I have yet to try Eclipse, as I've been out of the house most of the day.

From the RAZR M

#52 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

yah ive tried the wipes, romslot 1 works, but installing cm10 to stock soft bricks the phone then i have to factory reset, ill try eclipse next, ide prefer not to use romslot one because it leaves ya with no memory >.<

(status 0)

(status 0)

That is what happened to me when I flashed CM10 to stock yesterday. I have yet to try Eclipse, as I've been out of the house most of the day.

From the RAZR M

ok.. there is a work around... flash rom to romslot1.. than make a backup using safestrap... after that than wipe stock and restore backup onto it... see i was running eclipse for a while so i didnt want to lose anything.. so i made the back up and restore it to stock and erased the romslot1. also make sure you are using safestrap 3.12 because the 3.11 according to the op [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine) so you might not even had no error...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#53 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

ok.. there is a work around... flash rom to romslot1.. than make a backup using safestrap... after that than wipe stock and restore backup onto it... see i was running eclipse for a while so i didnt want to lose anything.. so i made the back up and restore it to stock and erased the romslot1.

That's the same way I did it and it worked great.

PDbEXCr.png

#54 alenthehuskie

alenthehuskie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

ok.. there is a work around... flash rom to romslot1.. than make a backup using safestrap... after that than wipe stock and restore backup onto it... see i was running eclipse for a while so i didnt want to lose anything.. so i made the back up and restore it to stock and erased the romslot1. also make sure you are using safestrap 3.12 because the 3.11 according to the op [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine) so you might not even had no error...

thanks! ill give her a shot and report back

#55 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

That's the same way I did it and it worked great.

With what ROM? I tried that first with CM10, and it kept in bringing me back to the SS splash screen.

From the RAZR M

#56 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

With what ROM? I tried that first with CM10, and it kept in bringing me back to the SS splash screen.

From the RAZR M

BDH

PDbEXCr.png

#57 alenthehuskie

alenthehuskie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

the eclips rom just is stuck in boot :(

#58 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Just loaded ECLIPSE on stock and it worked great! Just restore a backup from slot 1 after deleting slot 1 and make sure to wipe everything twice just to be safe....

PDbEXCr.png

#59 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

CM10 still didn't work. I flashed a restore, it just kept looping back to SS splash screen. I do, however, have Eclipse up and running on stock!

#60 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Excuse my dumbness. I am coming over from a bionic. Have not installed safestrap yet, but without a removable battery, how does one with a Razr M reboot the phone say if they are stuck in a bootloop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users