Photo
- - - - -

[Recovery] Safestrap Recovery V3.1 [01/04 3.12 - Stock Flashing+] [All Versions]

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:whillmom
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Excuse my dumbness. I am coming over from a bionic. Have not installed safestrap yet, but without a removable battery, how does one with a Razr M reboot the phone say if they are stuck in a bootloop?

Not a dumb question. When I moved to the M, that question had me very worried. However, holding down power + volume up + volume down for 60 seconds (then release) will shut down an M in bootloop.

Sent from my XT907

#62 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Not a dumb question. When I moved to the M, that question had me very worried. However, holding down power + volume up + volume down for 60 seconds (then release) will shut down an M in bootloop.

Sent from my XT907

Oh sweet, so its like like the hard reset you could do with the X2? which I was told simulates a battery pull?

#63 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:whillmom
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Oh sweet, so its like like the hard reset you could do with the X2? which I was told simulates a battery pull?

Yep, it is an equivalent to a battery pull.

Sent from my XT907

#64 antp121

antp121

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:antp121
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, Nexus 7 32gb

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

they kinda had to include a kill switch bc the battery isnt removable, sadly :(

#65 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

they kinda had to include a kill switch bc the battery isnt removable, sadly :(

you could remove the battery if for some reason it dies.. but its a bit of work and breaks water seal... but remember anything and everything is possible on android ;)

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#66 colbyman

colbyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

I've rooted successfully and tried to install Safestrap. Seems to install okay, but when I try to open SS it FCs and says "Unfortunately, Safestrap has stopped." Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

#67 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I've rooted successfully and tried to install Safestrap. Seems to install okay, but when I try to open SS it FCs and says "Unfortunately, Safestrap has stopped." Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Uninstall it, reinstall it with Unknown sources check in Settings..

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#68 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Also, Once you uninstall it, delete both Safe Strap Folders off the Internal and External, reboot, Clear Cache in Recovery, make sure its not plugged into computer when installing it with unknown sources checked in settings

Posted Image

#69 colbyman

colbyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Also, Once you uninstall it, delete both Safe Strap Folders off the Internal and External, reboot, Clear Cache in Recovery, make sure its not plugged into computer when installing it with unknown sources checked in settings

Did the steps you mentioned. Couldn't find folders in either Internal or external locations though. Unknown sources has been checked the whole time; did a factory reset just to make sure everything was clean prior to that. wasn't plugged into computer. Did reboot into recovery, cache clear, and install Using version SS3 3.05.20. Still get same error.

#70 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Did the steps you mentioned. Couldn't find folders in either Internal or external locations though. Unknown sources has been checked the whole time; did a factory reset just to make sure everything was clean prior to that. wasn't plugged into computer. Did reboot into recovery, cache clear, and install Using version SS3 3.05.20. Still get same error.

Are you positive your rooted? DL Rootchecker from playstore

Posted Image

#71 colbyman

colbyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Are you positive your rooted? DL Rootchecker from playstore

Just did so, says I'm not rooted. That's likely the problem. Although when I run the motofail2go .bat file it says it rooted successfully. I saw somewhere that some people had to change out the superuser.apk file in there? What do I need to do to achieve real root?

Thx for your help btw.

#72 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Just did so, says I'm not rooted. That's likely the problem. Although when I run the motofail2go .bat file it says it rooted successfully. I saw somewhere that some people had to change out the superuser.apk file in there? What do I need to do to achieve real root?

Thx for your help btw.

Not 100% sure on the razr M as I do not own one, but this should help, since you did factory reset, etc.. try this again

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• colbyman likes this

Posted Image

#73 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Thx for your help btw.

Sorry wish i could be of more help, hopefully someone will pop in and lend you a hand who has an M

Posted Image

#74 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thx for your help btw.

make sure when you running the .bat file you are ubs debugging... and also make sure you get the debugging alert (vibration when pressing power and vol up at same time. it should vibrate 1 time and later it would vibrate in 2 more occasions on its own...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#75 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

I had to run Motofail 3 times because the first 2 times did not work. I had to do a factory reset and data wipe, then the root took hold. After that, SS installed with no problems.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#76 colbyman

colbyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Not 100% sure on the razr M as I do not own one, but this should help, since you did factory reset, etc.. try this again

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This worked. I'd downloaded a couple other packages from other posts that failed. For whatever reason, this one did the trick. Thank you. I'm in CM10 and feelin' fat and happy!

#77 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

This worked. I'd downloaded a couple other packages from other posts that failed. For whatever reason, this one did the trick. Thank you. I'm in CM10 and feelin' fat and happy!

I also used that method, since it had the option to use SuperSU and I've already paid for Pro.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#78 colbyman

colbyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

Just noticed that my GPS won't lock. I've got everything set to use GPS...turned it on, and let it try to connect overnight, and still no lock. Anybody else have same issue?

#79 colbyman

colbyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Just noticed that my GPS won't lock. I've got everything set to use GPS...turned it on, and let it try to connect overnight, and still no lock. Anybody else have same issue?

Should also mention, it was working dandy before the CM 10 flash.

#80 colbyman

colbyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Should also mention, it was working dandy before the CM 10 flash.

Update: booted back into retail ROM. GPS has a couple more settings in the standard one. I enabled all of them there, got GPS lock. Then rebooted into custom ROM and everything has been working fine since. Occasionally I get a GPS lock for no reason (apps all have GPS turned off except when using Maps) but that's way better than no lock at all.
  • hillmom and RikRong like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users