[FXZ] 4.4.2 183.46.15

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#221 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

what is FDR?

Factory Data Reset. done through settings menu on a bootable device or recovery. Also you can clear the delvak and cache partitions from recovery,.

• mrkholghi likes this

#222 mrkholghi

mrkholghi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Google+:mohammadrezakholghi
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:04 AM

nothin happen :(

flash 3times 183.46.15 by RDS and  house of moto with flash tz gpt and once again without but noisy sound is still on my phone speaker

before update to this version,that was my phone android version 4.1.2 there was no noise in my speaker!!!why? :(

#223 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

nothin happen :(
flash 3times 183.46.15 by RDS and house of moto with flash tz gpt and once again without but noisy sound is still on my phone speaker
before update to this version,that was my phone android version 4.1.2 there was no noise in my speaker!!!why? :(

It could very well be that the speaker has gone bad..... Just bad timing with updating

Is your phone unlocked?..... If so you can "downgrade" back to an earlier version.... Then if the speaker noise persists; its a hardware issue. I would probably look into replacing (or having someone replace) your speaker.......
  • mrkholghi likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#224 mrkholghi

mrkholghi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Google+:mohammadrezakholghi
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

It could very well be that the speaker has gone bad..... Just bad timing with updating

Is your phone unlocked?..... If so you can "downgrade" back to an earlier version.... Then if the speaker noise persists; its a hardware issue. I would probably look into replacing (or having someone replace) your speaker.......

Unfortunately my phone bootloader is lock :(

#225 GroundSloth

GroundSloth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

It seems that I had better signal strength with JB than I have with KK.

I was considering HoM (GPT and TZ partition = NO per

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) and one of the pre 4.4.2 files from motofirmware...is any file acceptable?

Before I did this, started wondering if it would work to keep phone as is and change the radio? Is it possible to use one of the JB radios with the OS I have now? (4G is no option here, 3G is weak).

Help appreciated.

Device:
VZ XT926 unlock BL. 

Currently using:
Thank you to Nobe1976 for KDA20.62-15.1.NO-Root with updated radio 
(per

system 183.46.15.xt926.verizon.en.us
baseband vanquish_bp_100731.020.64.21P
kernel 3.4.42-g3841824
build kda20.62-15.1

#226 patrickc

patrickc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:pcamp96
  • Google+:PatrickCampanale
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):XT926, hltetmo

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:00 AM

I got a XT926 from a friend who's device wouldn't boot, she already has a replacement device, so now I'm trying to recover the phone so I can have a new toy ( :))

It's on KDA20.62-15 right now, and I've been trying to recover the partition table for the past few hours. I just now found this thread with the KDA20.62-15 download, and will be trying the gpt.bin from the xml.zip and see if that will flash, because I was getting downgrade security errors and errors flashing it from fastboot...

Hopefully this'll fix it, I'll report back if so.

Thanks!

#227 Genjinchan

Genjinchan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Phone: RAZR HD XT9626 (VZW)

Problem:So somehow my phone soft bricked itself (My phone is unrooted and bootloader is still locked) Its stuck on the Red Eye

Story: I was just using it normally this past thursday night and my phone was about to die I grab for the charger and the screen goes on, as it read the charger then goes off and it dies. "Oh I guess I got to the charger too late" I say. As I proceeded to charge it and turn it on now, I'm faced with a red eye that keeps spinning...

I have attemped cache wipes through recovery and I have attempted to flash this last OTA with house of Moto (And it flash sucessfully).
Also this looks like its beginning to be a widespread thing as I'm coming across this issue on multiple forums.

Don't know if its important but I also noticed that when the eye opens on the boot it plays half of sfx then goes silent.

If anyone knows how to pull any of the User data from a phone thats softbricked via tear down or pc hardware please let me know. I don't wanna go down to losing my user data...

btw Thanks Sam for making the instructions so simple :D

#228 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

You'll have to try an FDR at this point.  Yea, it sucks as you'll lose all your data, but, bootloops are generally caused by corrupt data on the data partition.  If that doesn't fix it, I suspect a hardware problem.  IMO, the flash memory they used on these devices SUCKED massively.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#229 khalil_lush

khalil_lush

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:khalil anwar
  • Google+:lushkhalil@gmail.com
  • Locationpakistan
  • Current Device(s):xt-926

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:52 AM

invalid image size for partitan tz

i face error

#230 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

USB cable, Port, or driver issue.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#231 Hbogac

Hbogac

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Phone: RAZR HD XT9626 (VZW)

Problem:So somehow my phone soft bricked itself (My phone is unrooted and bootloader is still locked) Its stuck on the Red Eye

Story: I was just using it normally this past thursday night and my phone was about to die I grab for the charger and the screen goes on, as it read the charger then goes off and it dies. "Oh I guess I got to the charger too late" I say. As I proceeded to charge it and turn it on now, I'm faced with a red eye that keeps spinning...

I have attemped cache wipes through recovery and I have attempted to flash this last OTA with house of Moto (And it flash sucessfully).
Also this looks like its beginning to be a widespread thing as I'm coming across this issue on multiple forums.

Don't know if its important but I also noticed that when the eye opens on the boot it plays half of sfx then goes silent.

If anyone knows how to pull any of the User data from a phone thats softbricked via tear down or pc hardware please let me know. I don't wanna go down to losing my user data...

btw Thanks Sam for making the instructions so simple :D

I had the exact same problem over the weekend.  I had everything backed up with the exception of photos.  I downloaded the (VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml) file and installed using RSDLite6.1.4.  Not only did it correct the "stuck on Red Eye" issue, it resolved some other lingering issues I was having.

#232 manymachines

manymachines

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

Thank you so much for these instructions and tools! 

Verizon and Motorola were no help.  Similar to others we had an xt926 that would not boot past the "red eye".  Lots of photos that were not backed up.  The phone is now working and we were able to copy files off of the phone. 

Some feedback:  I am on Linux and the first time when running flashme.sh this error was returned.:

./flashme.sh: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
./flashme.sh: line 3: `;Generated script from the House of Moto 4.1.'

It seems the wrong comment char was used at the top of the script. Original:

#!/bin/bash

;Generated script from the House of Moto 4.1.
;Generated from: VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip

Changed ';' to '#'.  One more note is that I was worried about inadvertently deleting the user data so I commented out the "fastboot erase userdata" lines.  I also added an echo:

#fastboot erase userdata
echo "no we will not erase2"

I didn't look too closely at the script but I was surprised to see the echo line when in the output (not sure if I prevented user data from being deleted by commenting out the erase lines).:

Erase user data? [y/n]: n

no we will not erase2
rebooting...

Thanks again!

#233 Wizzbad

Wizzbad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:badubaessel@gmail.com
  • LocationGhana
  • Current Device(s):sumsung

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:22 AM

HELP!!!
Rsd lite flashed up to system image and fails.....

#234 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

With the information you have given in your post all I can tell you is that rsd doesn't work with samsung.,

• RikRong and motoxt926 like this

#235 GTIM2L8

GTIM2L8

A Man On A Mission!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:@GTIM2L8
  • Google+:gtim2l8
  • LocationThe Southern State That Started It All.
  • Current Device(s):Raspberry Pi, Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926 - Droid Razr XT912 - TF201 Asus Transformer Prime

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

You just have to love his work (SamuriHL) :).

I just sold a Droid Turbo (Got tired of the bloat ware taking up 70% of the memory) and I am using my old XT926 until my new phone arrives (Samsung Galaxy S6) and decided it was time to freshen up the "Old" phone.

Ha, it was so easy with his tools it's ridiculous!

Upgraded to 183.46.15, rooted and "rocking" the old Maxx again.

It's been over 3 years since I could do some of this due to an accident I was in resulting in major neck surgery and 2 shoulder surgeries.

Thank You for putting a smile on this old face again.

T.I.

• SamuriHL and spainter like this

''Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.'' - Albert Einstein

#236 bludhemn

bludhemn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

Hi guys,

I have an uber stupid question. Why would you want to flash this FXZ? Why cant you just do a factory reset to revert back? Also, if you flash this, does it come loaded with all bloatware?

Thanks!

#237 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

Hi guys,

I have an uber stupid question. Why would you want to flash this FXZ? Why cant you just do a factory reset to revert back? Also, if you flash this, does it come loaded with all bloatware?

Thanks!

A factory reset wipes out the user apps and data, it doesn't reset the partitions or sets the system back to stock.  Flashing this file completely resets everything back to the way it was out of the box with the last version of android for the xt-926.  If the phone is having system problems a factory reset won't help. It wipes out root as well as custom recoveries.  If you are unlocked that is no problem if you want them back later.  If you are not unlocked then this (until there is something new come out for this three year old phone) pretty will ends the unlocking. The .10 version is still unlockable but once you hit the .15 version for now the unlocking exploits are all patched.  It is the factory image that does contain all the apps from moto and verizon.

• bludhemn likes this

#238 animalMother

animalMother

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMN, USA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:06 PM

Worked perfectly!  Thank you.  Saved me basically $400.

#239 alinoemz

alinoemz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:29 AM

do you still have the link of this files i needed it thanks and appreaciated to someone who can upload it :)

#240 jbournelove1

jbournelove1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Current Device(s):Motorolla XT925

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:51 AM

WARNING: You REALLY need to UNDERSTAND and read EVERYTHING or you MAY brick your phone!

IF YOU HAVE NOT UNLOCKED, THIS BUILD WILL PERMANENTLY PREVENT YOU FROM DOING SO.  STOP NOW and GO UNLOCK!

There is no root for this build. Repeat, no root. It is not rootable. This does mean that root is not available. Once again, if you take this build, you will not be rooting it. For those who are wondering, root is not found on this build.

Purpose of this thread:

To get you, the locked or unlocked RAZR HD xt926 owner, from any version to 4.4.2 (KDA20.62-15.1).

Things you will need:

FXZ 

Instructions:

Use the 

with KEEP DATA to flash this on your phone with RSD.

OR

Use the 

with KEEP DATA to flash this to your phone with fastboot.

This will get you a clean OTA install with no data loss.  --->You will lose root. <---

Q: My RAZR HD or M is stuck in AP Fastboot mode with a sticky bit failure.  Help?
A: 

Follow that.

i tried this firmware on my xt925 but it got bricked, maybe it appears the error like ( unable to mount e: data/ & cache :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users