87 replies to this topic

#1 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,445 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

WARNING: You REALLY need to UNDERSTAND and read EVERYTHING or you MAY brick your phone!

IF YOU HAVE NOT UNLOCKED, THIS BUILD WILL PREVENT YOU FROM DOING SO.  STOP NOW and GO UNLOCK!

Purpose of this thread:

To get you, the locked or unlocked RAZR M XT907 owner, from any version to 4.4.2 (KDA20.62-15.1).

Things you will need:

FXZ

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Instructions:

Use the 

with KEEP DATA to flash this to your phone with RSD.

OR

Use the 

with KEEP DATA to flash this to your phone with fastboot.

This will get you a clean OTA install with no data loss.  ---> You will lose root. <---

SUPPORT:

Q: My RAZR HD or M is stuck in AP Fastboot mode with a sticky bit failure.  Help?
A: 

Follow that.

• ZKK007, livinginkaos, miss_sticks and 7 others like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#2 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

What has been changed in this update?

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#3 Donald21413

Donald21413

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Any way for unlocked users to keep root after this one?

#4 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,445 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Unlocked users ALWAYS have a way to install root.  Flash TWRP or CWM, then flash SuperSU zip.

#5 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Any way for unlocked users to keep root after this one?

Go

to get latest SuperSU zip

Also this thread should be pinned :)

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#6 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

What has been changed in this update?

According to VZW, security updates (TR and Motopocalypse) and a stability update for the messenger app. Essentially, they fixed the exploits and pushed it. Lol.

Sent from my RAZR M (Team Gummy Nightlies) from Tapatalk Pro.

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#7 roaoro

roaoro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

FYI, Upgraded via OTA on my unlocked razr m, and I did not lose root or custom recovery.

#8 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

FYI, Upgraded via OTA on my unlocked razr m, and I did not lose root or custom recovery.

Did the same on my daughter's m. Kept root and custom recovery.

Taped from my Moto X Dev

#9 CWM8012

CWM8012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Xt907

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

If I want a clean install, could I do a full install instead of using keep data?

#10 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

Yep, that will erase data. Be like out of the box.

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#11 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

If I want a clean install, could I do a full install instead of using keep data?

Of course. However, as has been stated several times, if you want to be able to root, go back to a previous version or install custom ROMs, or you think there is the remotest possibility you may want to, unlock your bootloader BEFORE you update to .15. Otherwise, you will not be able to undo the upgrade to .15.  

#12 Jhordan3h

Jhordan3h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

Sorry, I'm new to the group, I am not clear about whether you can or can no longer be root when upgrading to 183.46.15, it is impossible to be root with the new update? Because I did flash with 183.46.15 from scratch and now I can not root nor towelroot. Thank you.

#13 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

Sorry, I'm new to the group, I am not clear about whether you can or can no longer be root when upgrading to 183.46.15, it is impossible to be root with the new update? Because I did flash with 183.46.15 from scratch and now I can not root nor towelroot. Thank you.

if you are unlocked, you can root thru custom recovery regardless. If you are not unlocked and flashed the 15 build, there is no root for you.

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#14 Jhordan3h

Jhordan3h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:08 AM

Then you can either downgrade to the .10 build ??

#15 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

Then you can either downgrade to the .10 build ??

no

R. Long: Pixel 5

#16 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,445 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

If only there were some warnings in the OP....

• syuyo, RikRong, xKroniK13x and 3 others like this

#17 zekemo

zekemo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

If only there were some warnings in the OP....

Sam. I didn't want to pester you with a PM but I just wanted to thank you for your work on the xt926. I ran into the trustzone 11 error and found a solution in your thread on other forum. Thanks for your patients with the others too; there were some ridiculous posts you endured. I unlocked last night and do not regret it, even with the limited ROM development we still have some solid choices. Anyway, thanks for your time and effort.

• SamuriHL likes this

#18 syuyo

syuyo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:58 AM

hi i flashed this FXZ and now im trying to flash twrp via fastboot commands but i keep getting <bootloader> variable not supported. i have no idea how to use fastboot to flash it ive looked online and to no avail i cannot get it to flash. i flashed it with flashify on the previous OTA but i cant do that without root now.

i am unlocked.

edit: I dont know what happened i just kept on flashing it and somehow it took. now to figure out what sideloading is to install superuser....

#19 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

hi i flashed this FXZ and now im trying to flash twrp via fastboot commands but i keep getting <bootloader> variable not supported. i have no idea how to use fastboot to flash it ive looked online and to no avail i cannot get it to flash. i flashed it with flashify on the previous OTA but i cant do that without root now.

i am unlocked.

edit: I dont know what happened i just kept on flashing it and somehow it took. now to figure out what sideloading is to install superuser....

Sideloading is just downloading to your external SD. Find the Superuser thread on XDA, DL the .zip, save it to your SD, and flash in recovery.

SuperSU:

R. Long: Pixel 5

#20 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,445 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

Sideloading is just downloading to your external SD. Find the Superuser thread on XDA, DL the .zip, save it to your SD, and flash in recovery.

SuperSU:

Small correction.  Sideloading is NOT copying it to your external SD.  That is a different process.  Sideloading involves using ADB from recovery and pushing the zip from your PC to the device directly.  For example, my unlock root tool uses sideloading to load SuperSU and it does so by walking the user through loading recovery, setting it up for ADB sideload mode, and then it pushes SuperSU with a:

adb sideload <supersu zip filename here>

Sideloading is confusing to many people which is why I wanted to make the correction.

• livinginkaos, syuyo and RikRong like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users