chrislego88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

Hey guys,

I hard bricked my xt907 by using the wrong version of the update. I have been looking around and found some help on other forums stating how to get a phone back up and running from a hard brick. The only thing is you need a working version of a phone, so you can grab the partition table from it. According to the site, if you run this it should spit it out for you.

Can someone run this for me?

Instruction to generate partitions.txt from working phone (Note you could have different name instead of mmcblk0):
1. adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/pt.bin bs=1024 count=10
2. adb pull /sdcard/pt.bin .
3. ./gpt_parser.py pt.bin > partitions.txt

Here is the page I'm referring to:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You're help is greatly appreciated!!!

#2 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

It will not work. The files needed have not been leaked for the xt907 or xt926. Using files for the Droid maxx is not going to work at all.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3 chrislego88

chrislego88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

All the other files needed I can get from an older firmware update. I just need that partition table.

Which files are you referring to?

#4 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,372 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

Read the link you posted fully. The files for the commands listed there are not for your phone. You need quite a bit more than a partition file. I hope you don't think you're the first person with a permanently bricked phone to go down this path. There's a nice lengthy thread on the xt926 section from someone who took this journey. Spoiler alert... It did not end with a working phone.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• RikRong likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#5 chrislego88

chrislego88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

I understand that the files he has posted on there are not for the razr m. However, since the maxx and razr m are both using the same SoC, I should be able to use the same .bin file that was posted. The firmware files can be obtained from one of the firmware builds posted on here. The last thing the I should need would be the partition file, which can be done running the adb commands. Just needs to be done on a working xt907.

I realize I'm not the first person to try to fix this, but following the first few steps listed in that thread, I could 'communicate' with the phone again. However, since I don't have the right partition file, re-flashing isn't possible. Getting that file will be able to put it to rest though.

The phone is already a paperweight, so no harm if it doesn't work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Partition, brick, XT907

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users