#1 GTIM2L8

GTIM2L8

A Man On A Mission!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:@GTIM2L8
  • Google+:gtim2l8
  • LocationThe Southern State That Started It All.
  • Current Device(s):Raspberry Pi, Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926 - Droid Razr XT912 - TF201 Asus Transformer Prime

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I just moved up to a Droid Razr from the HTC Thunderbolt after my fifth T-Bolt.

The Razr was a replacement option for the T-Bolt from Verizon.

I wish I had selected the Razr before but someone talked me into the T-Bolt instead.

BTW, I read an article on Big Reds website and they wrote the Moto's are outselling the IPhone now. (Imagine that!)

I can't upgrade at a discounted price until May 30th, 2013. ( Bummer )

After I received my Razr I was amazed at the difference between the two (ICS vs Gingerbread - duh).

I have another T-Bolt with 5 different ROM's on it I still play with.

I am also getting an Asus Transformer Prime Monday (Delivered) with just about everything

I need as far as root and software goes, I got a good deal on it and the dock and a ton of accessories.

I am a member of another forum until December but I may be leaving them soon.

They did not respond to me about development on Motorola's and they had only one ROM for the Prime

and it was done by someone who usually developed somewhere else.

They seem to only work on what they like.

I firmly believe a dev should expand his knowledge to new horizons, not be stuck in the same old rut, sorry but that's the way I feel.

From my past experiences my next upgrade will most likely be a Motorola, I really like these phones!

I am a computer programmer, system network support and web master where I work.

Once I get used to Motorola I may see what I can do about contributing to this forum.

I'm glad I found it and will be visiting here often.

I am looking forward to making some new friends here.

GTIM

''Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.'' - Albert Einstein

#2 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Welcome!

I to transferred from the Thunderbolt and I can feel your pain with all the issues it had (especially being on Liquid ICS). I went through 4 replacements before I raised hell and they gave me an out of brand replacement. This is a great forum to get ROM's for your Razr and I'm sure the hospitality will be well served by this community. Devs here like to pump out ROM's (and updates, thank god) frequently, so you will have many options to choose from.

I'm currently running an AOKP JellyBean ROM (link at bottom) despite the issues it has. Nothing compares to the issues we endured with the Thunderbolt anyhow.

I am a computer programmer, system network administrator and web designer as well. Look's like we have something in common! If you are interested in giving back to the community (as far as being a developer), I'd recommend starting off with making themes. This has really helped me understand the design platform for the android and how it works.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Droid, Razr, HTC, Thunderbolt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users