34 replies to this topic

#1 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hello I will be giving away a Kindle Fire in honor of the reconstructing of the News Section! The device is used but in great condition.
The rules of the giveaway is simple. One post per person will count as I'm just writing down names with a number. This is UNITED STATES ONLY! Too be entered.
1. Post a comment here of why you deserve this device.
2. Be a member that frequently posts in the forum
3. Tell me what you would do to make Droidrzr better.
4. Have a person use you as a reference for Droidrzr.com and earn an extra entry.

The winner will be picked on December 1st and will be announced after that. I will be using random.org to figure out the winner.

The Winner is Sparkyman. Thank you for entering

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

#2 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

I want a Kindle Fire because I love Android devices and technology in general. I've been tinkering since I got my first android phone the Droid RAZR on December. I can give back and develop for the community, give back hours and hours and cool stuff lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#3 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Nice to see you here Byte!!!

#4 jrbxx7

jrbxx7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I deserve a kindle fire because I have an unquenchable need to flash android devices!! :ph34r: I always try to help the community by posting my experiences and help stuck and bricked people whenever my experience warrants it.....

SeNt FrOm .......OvErFlAsHeD SPYDER Xt912-MaXx

GOT KRACKFLASHING?

#5 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Nice to meet you JR! I hope to see you around! I'll be posting to the News Section! Spread the word to get more entries! We need to expand DR AND ILL DO MY BEST TO HOST GIVEAWAYS!

#6 SLCMotor

SLCMotor

Developer

• Superuser
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:SLCMotor
  • Google+:SLCBetaTest
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Nice to see more contests going on here. I don't know about improving the site, over the last few months the site and moderation has been so much better, not that it wasn't good before. I don't know that I deserve a Kindle Fire but it would be nice, anything free is nice. :D

Keep up the good work!

#7 smoke14

smoke14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Twitter:@Brian7Cruz
  • LocationTX

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I would love to receive a Kindle Fire, I am fairly new to DroidRzr.com and i have found tons of info needed to start flashing roms and rooting my device. I carry a Droid Bionic. Before this site i was never able to find useful info for rooting and roming my previous devices. I got here and received tons of useful tips and trick and everyone here seems to want to help. I dont want to bash other sites but if you ask a simple question they tear into you like your a child with a phone too advanced for you to use. I have even had the privilege of testing a rom for Jp and T3T3 and reporting bugs. It has been great using the help of others and as i grow into tinkering I could pass on what i learn and find out. I think that one of the main things here is being able to tell a Dev "thank you". THey have to put up with so many people asking when this will come out or other question that are unnecessary. Just telling them thanks for what they do goes a long way and that what I always try and do, even if I encounter a problem with said rom, i will tell them I love it or its not working for me. They need that to keep the development going on a rom or tweak or mod. I'm rambling now but thanks for the chance to get ahold of a new device!!

#8 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

I should get it because I'm BDH....enough said. No but seriously I would love to have it. If I had a tablet on my 30 day field exercise that I just got back from, it would have been easier to keep in touch with everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#9 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I would like to say that as being around here for a good amount of time I could really use a device like the Kindle Fire so I can help potentially test ROMs and mods for it. Along with that I also could use a tablet so it'll make my NFL Sunday and MLS game day experiences much better with such things as NFL Sunday Ticket and MLS Live on said Kindle Fire. I've been around here since earlier this year when I got my Droid RAZR and have been treated with the utmost respect as I was getting used to rooting and ROMing on the RAZR. As of now I help maintain threads for dhacker29 and hashcode for their current on going ROM ports to the RAZR as they get many people asking them questions on Twitter so I'm hoping to alleviate some of that from them by helping them out the best I can. If there's one thing I would change around here I wouldn't mind seeing DroidRAZR switching to a forum system much like say XDA uses as their thread editing tool is much easier to use compared to the one here (trust me edit a thread there then here you'll know what I mean). Also Bytecode is a great member here too and I love his ROM work! Same with that BigDaddyHicks guy even if he hates soccer as much as he claims he does lol.

#10 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Man lots of great members here!!!

#11 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

I would like to add that soccer sucks lol. Also, I would love to build for the Kindle! Might re-KINDLE my fire for development....... see what I did there? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • james likes this

#12 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Lol I'll let that post go. Unlimited comments but I'll only count one. I'm taking done names.

#13 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I've been a member since the beginning of droid razr, and I would love to have a kindle fire, my suggestion to fix the site would be on mobile even in forums you can't skip to certain pages, only prev and next, kinda gets annoying when have to go to full version just to select 1st page. Thanks and happy holidays

#14 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Curious by the way but which Kindle Fire is in this giveaway? I'm assuming the standard 7 inch one, right?

#15 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yes the original lol

#16 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Gotcha. Still a good tablet. :D

#17 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

I would love to have a kindle fire. I would need a tablet to easily stay in touch with people and waste endless hours playing pointless games :P

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#18 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hay yall, i followed the stampede over here when the Bionic site went down. Hang out here mostly because of all yall Razr fellers treat us Bionic folk like we aint redheaded stepkids like mst of the other sites. I would love to have a kindle fire so i can show my chicken college girl daughter that rooting and flashing roms on it only makes it better. We bought her one a while back and shes scared to let me or the tech gurus at Texas State touch it, even though they say the same things i do. Shes got an i hate her phone and she wont let me jailbreak it either. I love to flash roms my wife and kids say im obsessed but its just another way to have free fun to me. I cant think of any changes id make to this forum it rocks pretty good to me , maybe work on the chatroom kick thing. Any way thanks for a great site and letting all us Bionic wild people in . I know i appreciate it . CASEY
TEXAS state of mind

#19 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Do I deserve a Kindle Fire? ..... Yeah i think i do :) :) Sometimes, when i am taking a break from driving, i dont feel like sitting in the truck.... its tough, and kinda klunky to cart my laptop(s) into the truckstops. With the Kindle, I could easily continue "androiding" and keeping up with Droidrzr.com without missing a beat :) ........ as far as what i would do to make our great site better, i would create a forum app specifically for us, similar to what the folks over at XDA have. (which i am now in the process of learning app development, so maybe......... :)
  • mattlgroff likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#20 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Keep them coming! We appreciate all input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users