Photo

Motorola XT926 Locked on Boot Screen, Won't Power Off

XT926 Boot Issue

Best Answer SamuriHL , 01 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

It can't write to the phone. We've seen this issue before and there's zero way to fix it.  I hate to say that, but, this is a very ugly problem.  Sorry you went through all that for no solution, but, the phone is basically screwed up at the partition level.  And yours is not the only one like that.  No one's ever fixed one to my knowledge.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#21 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

Since you get an immediate error, I'm thinking that you are flashing an older firmware than you had because the gpt partition is the first to flash and it is security locked to prevent backward flashing. Either that, or the xml file was incorrect. As John stated, with RSD you have too use the newer versions as the system partition is too large for the older.

sent from my G3

Go back to the link I posted .... Within the OP of the thread there is a link to the RSD flasher tool..... Use it and it will generate all proper XML for use with rsdlite :)

It's version 6.1.6 of RSDlite and the version of the firmware I downloaded is VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml

Which is the lastest version I could find, I don't see how it can be the downgrade. I did use the tool provided in the OP's guide called RSDflasher.jar. Jave opens it properly as well.

#22 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

That one is actually a downgrade.... See the link in my previous post....:)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#23 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

Upon carefully checking the version of the firmware I detected a slight variation in the version number of the fle name from the one linked on the other page in this forum. it goes from VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml to VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml. Perhaps this is the issue. I will try with the newer(?) firmware as soon as it downloads in 13 minutes.

In the mean time I need to clear up some of this crazy mess i have caused on my PC. My downloads folder has never been so unorganized! lol

#24 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

Unorganization tends to happen when you are frantic and frustrated ..... The best thing to do is let it download, go outside, smoke a cigarette(if you smoke) .... Walk around for a couple min, don't look at or think about the phone or computer for 10 or 15 min..... You may be surprised how effect a short distraction can be .....:)
  • Goddamnit2014 likes this

jhf.png

#25 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

If it will flash the 10.1 version use that one first.  The 15.1 is the newest and there is no root or unlock at this point if that matters to you.  If the phone had updated the partitions from the 15.1 update you won't have any choice with a locked bootloader.

#26 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

If it will flash the 10.1 version use that one first. The 15.1 is the newest and there is no root or unlock at this point if that matters to you. If the phone had updated the partitions from the 15.1 update you won't have any choice with a locked bootloader.

He's getting the security downgraded error with 10..... So 15 is about the only option at this point....

jhf.png

#27 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

I wll do that, I have deleted all those other failed utilites and outdated firmware. Only things installed now, at least as far as I can tell without extensive directory scanning, is the moto dirvers, the ADB bridge is still in the system (PC) but it's not active. RSDLite 1.6.1 and now the almost downloaded firmware ware running at 15.1v as well as the flashing tool. I knew the tools to fix this had to be on the internet but it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Glad someone understands this complicated $#!+.

You guys have defiently helped me out here. This morning I was so confused I had no idea what to do, each guide being different even for the same model of phone.

#28 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

If it will flash the 10.1 version use that one first.  The 15.1 is the newest and there is no root or unlock at this point if that matters to you.  If the phone had updated the partitions from the 15.1 update you won't have any choice with a locked bootloader.

Unlocking it is unnecessary at this point, I just want the phone back on default everything and with the abilty to actually boot up and reach the operating system. Something I have not been able to acheive since the phone was brought to me 3 days ago. Thanks for the tip though.

#29 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

OK even using the newest firmware the flashing tool fails and this time there is no output on the phone's screen at all. The RSDlite loads, flashes info that appears to fail, on step one and then poof its gone. I tried Flash FULL, Flash Keep Data and Flash Unversal, but I didn't try Flash Radio. Anybody know what this indicates?

#30 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:51 AM

Try the house of moto that I linked earlier ...... Some phones play nicer with HoM rather than RSDlite..... Pay CLOSE attention to the command window when flashing watch for errors.......

jhf.png

#31 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

Still could be a driver or cable problem. Also like John said earlier the battery can cause bad problems.

#32 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

Still could be a driver or cable problem. Also like John said earlier the battery can cause bad problems.

Indeed....... If HoM fails as well .... 90% chance its the cable

jhf.png

#33 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

Indeed....... If HoM fails as well .... 90% chance its the cable

I'm starting to think its the cable to, the House of Moto file was the only thing so far that did anything. It still failed but at least the phone rebooted, yet still to the never ending boot screen. I will contact the guy and see if he can locate the actual wire from Verizon that came with the phone and try the utilites again. Until then there is nothing else I can do. There's just no way all the utilties could fail, so therefore the wire is all that is left to try.

Thank you all again for the help, if I ever manage to get the phone working after i try the tools again using the right wire I'll be sure to stop back and post if that did the trick or not.

-Britton

#34 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

What errors did the command window show?.....

jhf.png

#35 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

What errors did the command window show?.....

It's a can of worms to say the least, my buddies wife will drop the wire off here in a few hours she says. The HOM.bat file generates a huge readout indicating failure after failure but sporadically mixed with OK here and there. This can't be the right log output you or I wanted to see. Let me see if I can find a way to copy the output into a reply on this thread.

#36 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here is a better way of seeing what I see. Posted in an image file.

It does that over and over for the various files found in the firmware directory.

I am going out on a limb here and assuming the remote failure is being caused by the wire as you guys have said previously.

#37 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

Cable is likely the culprit .....

jhf.png

#38 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

Alright, well that's all I can do for now. Damn wire who knew a wire could be such a huge issue. I'll try the tools with the new wire when I get it later today.

Crossing my fingers that it works! :unsure

:) :) :)

#39 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Does the AP Fastboot screen show - Battery - OK ?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#40 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

Yes, the battery is OK based on the AP screen. It was "low" until I put it on a spare charging block adapter and plugged it in the wall outlet. I left it that way for 24 hours and the AP screen updated to OK afterwards. I have put it back on that charger until I get that wire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users