#41 minimalistdave

minimalistdave

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:minimalistdave

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I just posted the blur update. See changelog in the OP. It gave me a 25% increase in Quadrant score.

***make sure you disable HW overlays***

All the bloat is gone except for NFL mobile. I wanted everyone to be able to witness Tom Brady hoist trophy number 4 in a few weeks.....

I was thinking about my previous post and I think it's important I expand a bit for those new to the community so here goes:

Blur is the stock ROM developed commercially, thus profit margins rule causing the insertion of "bloat". Useless apps to the majority that take up unnecessary system space, slowing down the system with the goal of you buying from zappos or amazon. Many apps are unnecessarily large and the systems become onerous because corporate bureaucracy causes it by nature.

Android is an operating system that goes far beyond phones. AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is a collaboration of developers that write code to improve, innovate and create new code for the Android OS. Cyanogen Mod is another colloboration of developers that brings the android OS to phones. AOKP is a different group with the same task. For our phones to use this code we owe thanks to Hashcode (Safestrap is just one reason) and Dhacker (writes the code for most of the commits for our phones work with CM and AOKP ). That is a gross oversimplification of their work, but point being, without those two many of us would be using Apple.....I just threw up in my mouth a bit, sorry......

Generally speaking CM10 will be more stable and AOKP will have more customization possible to the end user. Depends on a lot of factors, but that is a fair generalization.

Because CM10 and AOKP are open source (free - Dhacker, Hash, DT, etc. don't get paid) the code written is, in my opinion, better because it is written by those who do it as a hobby. Their passionate about their work, not for a paycheck, but because they enjoy it. It shows in the ROMs. So a few things to keep in mind - say thanks or if you can, donate to Dhacker, Hashcode, and Mr. Rosenberg (none of this matters without root). Be patient. STS Dev team supports a lot of phones and the kindle so just because your update isn't coming everynight, someone's is. Dhacker is been unfairly attacked by overeager flashers and I hope it doesn't happen again (scary coupe weeks for us crack flashers when he took a break). If he doesn't enjoy it he can just stop. Developers don't make money, they lose it.....

Personally, I share ROMs because I want to give back to the community. I build them for myself (that's why the apps change, ringtones, etc.). If I like something a lot I release it. A good example is today's blur update. My son just got an M, I asked him what he wanted and the result is an improved blur version. I made it for his tastes and uses, which is better for most everyone because I have a very narrow usage pattern with my phone. I'm an addict - crackflasher is a prettier word, but the truth is my phone gets flashed at least once a day - there are days when I didn't have anything to flash so I'll break out RSD for kicks.......I like things fast, so anything I put out will be snappy, usually have old school rap for ringtones, and will have an update in the works.....

What we really need is more Devs. Play around and if you come up with something cool, share it. If you get stuck and have a question, ask someone for help. Like Kindergarten teachers say - caring is sharing!

Can not say anything.. just Thank you so much for this post...

One of the most passion post i read...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• marxman3 likes this

#42 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

My 10 year old corrected me - I guess it's sharing is caring.....

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#43 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thanks again for your efforts. Even disabling hw overlay I'm still getting the flickering screen just As a heads up

#44 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Make sure forced gpu rendering is selected too. I thought it was by default, but that will cause it too.

#45 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Make sure forced gpu rendering is selected too. I thought it was by default, but that will cause it too.

OK will do. Thanks again !!

#46 mic213

mic213

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

How's progress going on the new CM10 build?

#47 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Along

How's progress going on the new CM10 build?

+1 I'm Also Curious How Its Coming Along

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#48 chrisvx930

chrisvx930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Along
+1 I'm Also Curious How Its Coming Along

+2

But I don't want to rush you, you're doing this for free, thanks for your hard work!

#49 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

I just posted the update. I got sidetracked.......sorry
  • mic213 and timpohladthomas like this

#50 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

I just posted the update. I got sidetracked.......sorry

No Need To Apologize. Thank You For Your Hard Work.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#51 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Attached Files

• jtommyj likes this

#52 chrisvx930

chrisvx930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Just flashed the CM10 Rom. It's excellent! It's filled with features, great battery life so far, and fast as hell. Thank you for your hard work!

#53 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Thanks really runs nice. The only bug I can find is no BT for media. Phone BT works fine. Can anyone else verify ? Maybe I did something wrong /
Thanks

#54 theaddler

theaddler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Same here on BT. Headset works fine for phone, nothing on media. Tried several devices.

Thanks for the hard work It is truly appreciated.

#55 dreamjaeil

dreamjaeil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

I can't seem to get the calendar to sync. Anyone else having same problem?

#56 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I can't seem to get the calendar to sync. Anyone else having same problem?

Install this...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Oh and then install it... Haha

Let me know if it doesn't work. You may need to clear calendar storage...

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#57 dreamjaeil

dreamjaeil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Install this...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Oh and then install it... Haha

Let me know if it doesn't work. You may need to clear calendar storage...

worked perfectly thank you. Another question, I've been using stock camera for quite sometimes and I can't seem to change the default location for saving pictures to external sdcard. Is this feature not included in cm10?

#58 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

worked perfectly thank you. Another question, I've been using stock camera for quite sometimes and I can't seem to change the default location for saving pictures to external sdcard. Is this feature not included in cm10?

Not that I can find.

Anyone else having it not show as charging while charging on cm10 tb? Or wifi connect I problems?

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#59 theaddler

theaddler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I get wifi problems... Sometimes it just runs a loop with connecting, authenticating, connect... authenticate... And this is on wifi's I've been using and not changed.

#60 chrisvx930

chrisvx930

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Anyone having GPS issues?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users