Photo

Jellybeans! DROID RAZR HD Verizon New Leak and Atrix HD AT&T Firmware(FXZ)!

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#141 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

I am getting a lot of home screen redraws and the pattern lock screen seems a bit buggy as well sometimes I unlock my phone and its at the regular slider unlock and when I go from an app to the home screen everything redraws itself is that an issue that is known or should I flash back and take the ota

Connected to a computer you can see that.

Have you rebooted since the OTA?

#142 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I am getting a lot of home screen redraws and the pattern lock screen seems a bit buggy as well sometimes I unlock my phone and its at the regular slider unlock and when I go from an app to the home screen everything redraws itself is that an issue that is known or should I flash back and take the ota

Hmm...I am not getting any of this...no redraws at all...but then again, I use Nova Launcher, as I prefer it over MotoBlur launcher...

Although I don't normally use lock screen patterns, I set it up to check for you, and not having any issues...but I do have a theory as to what you may be experiencing with the pattern...
In the security settings, you see where the setting for "Automatically lock" is?
(It's the third option down in security settings)...
it's default setting is set to "5 seconds after sleep" which means that if you turn your screen off, it will go back to the slider unless you wait 5 seconds...or you can change it as you please (including immediately)....also, you can check the next setting down "Power button automatically locks"...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#143 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hmm...I am not getting any of this...no redraws at all...but then again, I use Nova Launcher, as I prefer it over MotoBlur launcher...

Although I don't normally use lock screen patterns, I set it up to check for you, and not having any issues...but I do have a theory as to what you may be experiencing with the pattern...
In the security settings, you see where the setting for "Automatically lock" is?
(It's the third option down in security settings)...
it's default setting is set to "5 seconds after sleep" which means that if you turn your screen off, it will go back to the slider unless you wait 5 seconds...or you can change it as you please (including immediately)....also, you can check the next setting down "Power button automatically locks"...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Minor but the 5 second delay if not met will just resume where you left off. No slider, no lock screen. The screen will just light back up and you'll be where you left off. This is in case you're reading or something and the screen shuts off so that you don't have to reenter your password, slide unlock, etc every time it turns off.

The redraws are happening because home screen is getting cleared out of memory and being forced to load from scratch. Too much running in the background. I've noticed there's not a lot of head room on this build in the ram department. When I was using navi and streaming Spotify on my way home from Iowa it was choking bad and locking up a bit as we drove. System memory available got all the way down to 30 megs and it was choking like crazy. I haven't been able to pin it to a certain app yet or a memory leak but it might be a little bit of both.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD
  • Nubia1 likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#144 meteron

meteron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

I was having the same issues. I dont have a security lock pattern, but twice today the home screen had to redraw itself after I slid to unlock it. Also when going to the home screen from an app, it would stutter then redraw the homescreen. Not to mention the numerous lag I would get from opening anything. I flashed back to ICS and waiting for the official OTA. Might be the same build number, but I have to try everything till I figure out if I want to return the phone (only had it for two weeks). One person in another form took this build and had the lag issues as well... and he said the OTA fixed that. So here is hoping.

#145 b_wat

b_wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Google+:bwatkins232@gmail.com
  • LocationKnoxville,Tn

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

i just flashed back to ics and will wait for the official ota, now that I am on ics again those issues are gone. I am just gonna wait for the official and see if they come back or if it was just the official leak 9.1.41 we will see

#146 mic80205

mic80205

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I am not a noob but I don't want to brick my maxx hd trying to go from unrooted JB to ICS

#147 mic80205

mic80205

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Is it possible to have STOCK JB on maxx HD. and uses this utility to go back to ICS. My goal is to use Foxfi wifi tethering via wifi signal on my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I didn't know JB would block me.

#148 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Is it possible to have STOCK JB on maxx HD. and uses this utility to go back to ICS.

Yes, generally you can always go back to ICS. As I understand it, this was only an issue on the OG Razr. This has been documented a number of times around the forums.

#149 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Is it possible to have STOCK JB on maxx HD. and uses this utility to go back to ICS. My goal is to use Foxfi wifi tethering via wifi signal on my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I didn't know JB would block me.

Yes, generally you can always go back to ICS. As I understand it, this was only an issue on the OG Razr. This has been documented a number of times around the forums.

Correct. The HD can go back to ICS from JB without issue

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#150 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

I've been trying to help someone out that seems to be stuck on getting through JB, which I'm stuck in the same spot... or with the "delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2.XT926.Verizon.en.US." file that pulls an error that reads apply_patch_check("system/bin/logwrapper") followed by "23d23abf573e" and then of course theres a (status 7) which shows from SafeStrap. Any ideas...

oh.. and seems the OTA security update is working...

Attached Files

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#151 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I've been trying to help someone out that seems to be stuck on getting through JB, which I'm stuck in the same spot... or with the "delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2.XT926.Verizon.en.US." file that pulls an error that reads apply_patch_check("system/bin/logwrapper") followed by "23d23abf573e" and then of course theres a (status 7) which shows from SafeStrap. Any ideas...

oh.. and seems the OTA security update is working...

You're getting that error in safestrap?? You should be using moto stock recovery to install updates.
  • KaChow likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#152 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

An assertion failure on logwrapper means safestrap is installed. Not gonna happen to install an OTA update. It must be removed.
  • KaChow likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#153 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Safestrap is gone, uninstalled and uninstalled. new error...

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/vendor/app/kindle.apk". "b0fa7f13c17034fc480c1c899d9d266cfa75456", "a5f6595507f8030a13e7f779eb9d4b50905d92ad")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/packge.zip

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#154 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

It seems like you make some uh... Customizations to system. Like uninstalled or froze apps. Unit you fix that the assertions will keep failing.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
  • KaChow likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#155 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

It seems like you make some uh... Customizations to system. Like uninstalled or froze apps. Unit you fix that the assertions will keep failing.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I'm totally confused as to what happened there. Checked the device and there wasn't even a Kindle app installed, but maybe that could've been the error-who knows.

On another note, with the logwrapper error, even before removing SafeStrap, I ran the update in Android Recovery and it produced the same error that I posted in post #150. Which I know quite a few people that have managed to install the delta-ota-blur-xxx update via SafeStrap, which now I have greater level of respect for what the capabilities are for SafeStrap and what it can do. After a complete startover/redo everything seems to functioning properly. Thanks for the help!
  • Memnoch73 and SamuriHL like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users