11 replies to this topic

#1 moodaddy

moodaddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

Hello all! Could use some help here..Trying to flash stock 4.2.2 build using RSD lite. When I start the process I'm getting an error "Failed flash process: 3/21 flash partition "gbt.bin". Can't figure out what the issue is. Any and all help is always much appreciated.

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

What version are you coming from?  What were you trying to do?  Is your bootloader unlocked?  That error is probably because you're trying to downgrade the firmware.  You can't do that on a locked BL.  However, there are ways to do it if you're unlocked.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

Also.........In your rsdlite directory there is a file SWDL.txt.... Post that here and we can see what's going on
  • RikRong likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#4 moodaddy

moodaddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for the fast replies guys..

Basically what happened was that I was rooted and unlocked and wanted to get the latest 183.46.15 update. So I flashed back to stock, but unknown to me, my backup files weren't going to my SD and went to local. So when I flashed I lost everything. So I got it all up and running and updated to .15 and was in the process of trying to regain root and install TWRP, but it failed. So then I tried to reflash back to stock and now I'm getting this error. Is there a location where I can download the latest 183.46.15 build?

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

Ok, if you are unlocked, install TWRP first then let it install root for you.  No need for exploits.

Here is the link for the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• SamuriHL, johnthehillbilly and RikRong like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

Beat me to it....:)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#7 moodaddy

moodaddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:26 AM

So just use RSD Lite to flash the file you provided in the link and then install TWRP?

#8 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

Yep.  You can't use flashify to flash recovery, you will need to fastboot flash.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#9 moodaddy

moodaddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

Flash completed, but now phone is stuck in fastboot. Fastboot Reason: Sticky bit factory_fastboot..

#10 moodaddy

moodaddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

NVM..I was able to get it to boot. So last nub question (I hope). I've always installed TWRP using some sort of utility, but doesn't seem there is one for this build version yet. How do I flash TWRP to the phone?

#11 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

NVM..I was able to get it to boot. So last nub question (I hope). I've always installed TWRP using some sort of utility, but doesn't seem there is one for this build version yet. How do I flash TWRP to the phone?

Get into fastboot on the phone, plug into the computer, make sure the computer sees the phone. Open command prompt in the directory where you saved the TWRP.img file. Just to make sure the computer sees the phone, type "fastboot devices." If a serial number comes up, you're good. Okay, in the CMD prompt, type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". The recovery.img will be the name of whatever your recovery is. This should only take a couple of seconds to flash. Once complete, UNPLUG the phone from the computer and press power to power off. Immediately boot back into recovery, BEFORE booting into the OS, so the script will finish.

I might have missed something, so hopefully Sam or Kaos or John will chime in.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#12 moodaddy

moodaddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Thanks you very much for your time and effort..Looks like I'm good to go. Upgraded to 183.46.15 and root has been restored with TWRP.

• SamuriHL, johnthehillbilly, livinginkaos and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users