30 replies to this topic

#1 CSL-1

CSL-1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

About 1230pm EST(Ohio) my VZW Razr HD started updating. Went through without a hitch. I'm not sure how they're rolling it out, but I got my HD on the 18th the minute the store openend.

I loaded the 4.1 leak last week and was having an issue with the phone saying it was fully charged while it was plugged in even though I knew it was at 30% or lower. The leak was also a little "laggy" on mine. I am not having either problem with the official OTA.

Either way, it's rolling out today as announced. I'm benchmarking now.

#2 AnthonyArmato

AnthonyArmato

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Got mine about 30 minutes ago. Virginia.

#3 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

About 1230pm EST(Ohio) my VZW Razr HD started updating. Went through without a hitch. I'm not sure how they're rolling it out, but I got my HD on the 18th the minute the store openend.

I loaded the 4.1 leak last week and was having an issue with the phone saying it was fully charged while it was plugged in even though I knew it was at 30% or lower. The leak was also a little "laggy" on mine. I am not having either problem with the official OTA.

What Version did you get?

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#4 CSL-1

CSL-1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Android 4.1.1
System 9.1.41

#5 mule0331

mule0331

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Northeast Ohio here, still no love

#6 kishin14

kishin14

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

If its not too much trouble can anyone who got the update go into your phone info under setting and tell me if your build number and build date is this:

Build Number
9.8.1Q_39

Build Date
Sat Nov 3

I haven't received the OTA update yet but if those numbers are what your phone shows then its the same as the leak OTA update file found here. I'll just update with that and save myself the trouble of constantly checking my phone for the update. Thanks.

#7 CSL-1

CSL-1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Yep, same build and date.

#8 kishin14

kishin14

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.

#9 JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Alabama

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Where you rooted before you updated? If so, where you able to keep root?

#10 b_wat

b_wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Google+:bwatkins232@gmail.com
  • LocationKnoxville,Tn

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Wtf I just tried to tether via USB and I got a pop up asking me to subscribe to a 29.99 hotspot plan do you have to pay to tether now

#11 meteron

meteron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

When you say the leak last week.. which leak? Are you saying you just loaded a leak last week, or the one that came out last week? (The one from Nov 1-2 or the one that came out Nov 29th).

#12 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Wtf I just tried to tether via USB and I got a pop up asking me to subscribe to a 29.99 hotspot plan do you have to pay to tether now

If you have unlimited then it is legal for vzw to charge a tethering fee. If you are on a limited plan then you may use one of the free tethering options on the play store without breaking contract. They will still charge a fee for using their mobile hotspot software

#13 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

If you have unlimited then it is legal for vzw to charge a tethering fee. If you are on a limited plan then you may use one of the free tethering options on the play store without breaking contract. They will still charge a fee for using their mobile hotspot software

Read...............

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Proud father of a US Marine

#14 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Read...............

I meant they will *try* to charge a fee lol. Personally I pay it cause I don't want to jeopardize my unlimited data...

#15 xcodybx

xcodybx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I was rooted. received email. returned to stock. just installed the update. now I can't root. not for sure what the deal is....

#16 CSL-1

CSL-1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

When you say the leak last week.. which leak? Are you saying you just loaded a leak last week, or the one that came out last week? (The one from Nov 1-2 or the one that came out Nov 29th).

I loaded the one that came out the 29th which I know is supposed to have been the real thing, but for whatever reason, I had a couple of issues with it. I cleaned cache and they still occurred, so I went back to 4.0 on Saturday night.

Nope, completely stock. I was waiting to root until the official JB came out. I had some strange problems when my Razr was rooted and it upgraded from GB to ICS, so I just waited this time.

#17 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Well my friend you are out of luck until a root exploit for MOTO JB is released.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

#18 b_wat

b_wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,Tn

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Read...............

Thanks for pointing this out working great and yes I do still have unlimited data

#19 meteron

meteron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

I loaded the one that came out the 29th which I know is supposed to have been the real thing, but for whatever reason, I had a couple of issues with it. I cleaned cache and they still occurred, so I went back to 4.0 on Saturday night.

Nope, completely stock. I was waiting to root until the official JB came out. I had some strange problems when my Razr was rooted and it upgraded from GB to ICS, so I just waited this time.

You give me hope then. I am getting some weird lag. And today I unlocked my phone after I had the screen off for awhile, and the circle widget had to redraw itself. NEVER had that issue before on ICS. So I will flash back tonight, and hope for the best.

Edit - I am on the latest leak currently.

#20 b_wat

b_wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,Tn

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

is there a difference in the 9.1.41 leak and the official ota maybe or is that possible with the build numbers the same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users