#41 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thank you for telling me, I will get a fix in for that and post a new build asap. You know where the donate link is

dude. quit begging for donations when you're simply porting (sort of) other peoples' themes and then calling them "your themes"...especially when you didn't even have permisson in the beginning to use our stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#42 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Google+:blindside7x@gmail.com
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I am the new guy and was not familiar with the process. I kindly spoke to you about it and gave proper credit to those themes whom themes I used, I never once claimed these themes as my own. And if I did tell me where? I respect your feedback and am here to keep peace and make people happy. Didn't mean to offend you. Let's not make it public. I would appreciate a personal message. I will work on improvement. Thanks
Ethan82691

#43 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

yes and when we talked I thought I made it clear: do not claim my stuff, or anyone else's as your own...which you have done multiple times. And if you aren't claiming the work then why ask for donations?

Lol, Blazo, Your the man! I am glad SOMEONE is using my work for a good purpose

You are running one of my themes? Which one are you using? Do you like it? find any issues?

Thanks!

Posted Image

#44 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

yes and when we talked I thought I made it clear: do not claim my stuff, or anyone else's as your own...which you have done multiple times. And if you aren't claiming the work then why ask for donations?

Thanks for the feedback, Didn't mean to make it sound like i was taking all the credit for the themes. I also made it clear that this was not my work in the beginning of my post in the red text. So people do know that it was not my themes. I guess i can work on some better abbreviating when i said "My". I spent a lot of time learning how to do this, and do the little bit of things i have done. When i add the themeing i call it my work, because adding it to the Rom was my work. All the items used were not. So i did not mean to miss use my wording, and not give credit when appropriate, Again, my apologize
Ethan82691

#45 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Why even have a donation link?

#46 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Why even have a donation link?

I asked myself the same question when i was browsing through some posts, Seemed like a good idea! Its just a link, i dont think it is hurting anything to add an extra 9 or so characters to a post. Don't know why i am getting all these personal attacks. Just giving the benefit of these themes for other people to enjoy as i do myself. Aren't we all here to make friends?
Ethan82691

#47 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Not attacking you man. Your trying to help the community which is appreciated. There is some etiquette to follow though. Theming is a real pain in the rear and takes a lot of time to decompile the apks. I personally spent quite a few days just theming the framework-res.apk for Blurry. You just need to be a little more careful is all. Keep working on your themes and always give props to other peoples work.

#48 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Not attacking you man. Your trying to help the community which is appreciated. There is some etiquette to follow though. Theming is a real pain in the rear and takes a lot of time to decompile the apks. I personally spent quite a few days just theming the framework-res.apk for Blurry. You just need to be a little more careful is all. Keep working on your themes and always give props to other peoples work.

Hey man i appreciate that, your kindness and appreciation for what i did. I removed the link from my post. I hope to create more themes and keep up the work. I enjoy doing it, and simply making it look "Cool" !
It is a feeling of satisfaction! Thanks eye_dea
Ethan82691

#49 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hey man i appreciate that, your kindness and appreciation for what i did. I removed the link from my post. I hope to create more themes and keep up the work. I enjoy doing it, and simply making it look "Cool" !

Right on man. If you need any help...you can always hit me up. Keep up your strong work. Can't wait to see what color is next in your line up.

#50 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I know i came off like a jerk here, but I've spent hundreds of hours on my themes. Too much time to have anyone throw my stuff in a different folder, call it theirs, and ask for money for it.

I think what you're doing is great...giving people options that's what its all about. But there are rules. If you can learn from digging into my stuff and messing around then I'm more than willing to help, ask anyone.

I will tell you this though: if you're doing this to get paid you're in the wrong place. You can't expect to get a donation every time you put out something new or fix something you broke. Doesn't really work that way. Do it because you enjoy it. Do it because you want to learn and help others learn. That's what makes this community what it is. Start putting out your OWN complete themes and then you can throw up a donation link. Maybe the donations will come. Maybe they won't. That's not what we do it for.

That said, if you ever have questions I am more than willing to help, you know how to reach me. I wouldn't have been able to do the stuff I do without help along the way.

Posted Image

#51 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

thank you Dubsx, i appreciate you
Ethan82691

#52 bense

bense

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:abense
  • LocationClemson, SC
  • Current Device(s):bionic

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

What are you after man? Orange?

hey sorry, I didn't realize that you had replied so quickly.

What I really would love to see, is a theme that removes the navy/blue-ish background in place for solid black, much like the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then, the foreground color would be a

that doesn't have such an obtrusive contrast with the black bg.

shows the

purple theme. I have used the bento theme as a basis for several of my themes for the

However IMHO, the purple there is too bright.

Aside from the black/purple combo. I've been longing awesome black/green combo for several years. I've drawn my inspiration from sci-fi/spy/jamesbondish/military/tactical/etc areas. Here's a screenshot from

, that i took.. wow, has it been five years?

Here's two underground hiphop releases that I've loved the black/green contrast for years.

And

. Notice the black green combo!

lol, okay yeah, I just got carried away with all this. Perhaps this will result in me figuring out how to theme these apks. Sigh. It

I like turtles.
BSME Clemson '13 # honda-tech.com tech moderator # welder/mechanic/photography/hiphop&rap geek

#53 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

I want to work on another theme, Just cannot decide what i want to do, Or what people would enjoy the most! Anyone have any ideas?
Ethan82691

#54 bense

bense

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:abense
  • LocationClemson, SC
  • Current Device(s):bionic

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I want to work on another theme, Just cannot decide what i want to do, Or what people would enjoy the most! Anyone have any ideas?

ahem.
:D
black bg, with deep green ;)
BSME Clemson '13 # honda-tech.com tech moderator # welder/mechanic/photography/hiphop&rap geek

#55 jjjohnson82282

jjjohnson82282

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSpring Arbor Michigan
  • Current Device(s):S3, Note 2, Gtab 2 7.0, Razr, Droid X

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

On the Pink theme the keyboard is not pink on my Bionic.

#56 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

On the Pink theme the keyboard is not pink on my Bionic.

I tried to theme the Keyboard Pink and it kept force closing on me. I didnt spend a ton of time trying before i moved on. For a work around you can use the Go Keyboard and use a Pink theme.
Ethan82691

#57 Windiddy

Windiddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hi...how would I install themes over ICARUS HD? Thanks.

#58 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hi...how would I install themes over ICARUS HD? Thanks.

make sure the theme you want is for icarus..put it on your sd card..wipe dalvik and cache then flash it

#59 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

make sure the theme you want is for icarus..put it on your sd card..wipe dalvik and cache then flash it

Thank you bamafan!
  • Bama likes this
Ethan82691

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bionic Theme, Red, Pink×, Green

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users