gamertwo1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD XT926 MAXX

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

I am newbie to this forum, I have some questions that needs little help,

I just bought droid razr maxx hd 32gb  (xt926) from my friend. having following versions:

Android Version: Stock 4.4.2 ( KitKat)

baseband version : VANQUISH_BP_100731.020.64.21P

Kernal version : 3.4.42-gbd361ac dbbuild@ca38lnxdroid25 #1

build number : KDA20.62-15

System version: 182.46.15.xt926.verizon.en.US

So, I just wan't to unlocked my bootloader plus I wan't to have custom rom.

I just read this thread :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and downloaded all the files, But before going forward I want to confirm that after doing all the things according to above thread am I be able to have custom rom ? does my bootloader be unlocked ? 

And I wan't TWRP 2.8.2.0 in my mobile because after reading stuff require for updating custom rom from xda dev I need to be twrp 2.8.2.0 and must have kitkat bootloader .

I will be very thankfull if someone likes to help me.

Thanks.

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

So......you are on the latest version already which means if you werent unlocked before, you are now NEVER going to be unlocked. Never is a relative term, you could get lucky but dont be holding out for that. So custom ROMs are out too.

There may be some old Safestrap and Custom ROM's built for a locked bootloader, but they would be rather dated and not getting any updates.

No one really wants to spend time with a 2+ year old phone :(

#3 gamertwo1

gamertwo1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

Don't say this^ please :'(

I need this one =

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Is there is any way to get it ? :(

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

Sorry but if your on that version and not unlocked you are stuck....you wont be seeing any Lollipop on that device. And even if you went to Safestrap, that wouldnt run on it and you would need to find an older ROM to run on it.

I hope your "friend" didnt charge you too much.

#5 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

Before we jump to any conclusions, I think OP, you should boot your device into bootloader mode (turn the phone off, hold the volume up and down simultaneously as well as the power button). After the Moto bootanimation, you will then be presented with a screen in which you will find a number of options. What you want is ap fastboot. Use your volume rocker down to highlight ap fastboot, then hit volume up to select it. You will see a screen that will four or five lines down tell you: Device is unlocked. Status code: 3 If you read that, it means your bootloader is unlocked already, and you can celebrate. However, if you read Device is locked. Status code: 0, you will not be able to bootloader-unlock your xt926 at this time (probably never again as the previous poster said), because you are on the .15 firmware which pretty much closed the door on liberating your device.

#6 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

That is a fair comment...I made the assumption his friend sold the phone based on he couldnt unlock it :)

#7 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

That is a fair comment...I made the assumption his friend sold the phone based on he couldnt unlock it :)

Well yes, I couldn't conclude from his/her original post if the bl was unlocked or not, but this ought to provide him with some facts.

• cmh714 likes this

#8 gamertwo1

gamertwo1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

Not that noob. I already checked it in ap fastboot it was locked and status code 0 ... ......

#9 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

Not that noob. I already checked it in ap fastboot it was locked and status code 0 ... ......

Sorry to say, you are stuck at KitKat. There is no rooting nor unlocking the bootloader for your phone. I believe that Safestrap ROMs won't work either since you have to be rooted to use Safestrap. I haven't ran Safestrap since my OG RAZR MAXX (XT912) days, so I can say that for sure, but I thought you had to be rooted in order to run Safestrap (or at least, get it installed).

• shane1 likes this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#10 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

Correct, Safestrap needs root....I forgot about that :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users