• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:Dave L
  • Locationon the hop
  • Current Device(s):razr M, S4 I545

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

Hi there..

Im kind of new to this whole Rooting, flashing, bootloading etc. I recently flashed to an original FZR in order to take the 4.4 upgrade. I then rooted and unlocked the bootloader on my xt907. Also I have Titanium Backup. Thanks to Samuri and several others were kind enough to hold my had through my screwups.. hopefully I learned alot more than I knew before.

Now onto this thread..Has anyone have/had the issue of showing phone message notifications without actual messages? I checked several times and dont have one although the notifiaction persists ( the little tape icon at top). Can I remove that somehow. Its a small thing but when I see it my OCD clicks in.

Finally what file(s) do I need to freeze  the future OTA notifications? I dont want to accidentally download .15 or anything else.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

360.59KB   11 downloads

119.85KB   11 downloads

127.13KB   9 downloads

Thanks for helping out

Dave

OK well while messing around I called myself , left a message and retrieved and deleted it..they all disappeared.

However the what file(s) do I need to freeze  the future OTA notifications? I dont want to accidentally download .15 or anything else. is still uknown to me..lol

....its never too late to learn :google

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

I have a HTC M8, if I go into Settings-->Call, there is an option to "clear voicemail notification."  I can't remember if that option is on the Razr.  If it's not there, clear data in the phone app and it should go away.  I also read somewhere that it could be an issue if you use Google voice.  For Google, you'll need to go into Google voice on a PC and mark all messages as read. 

As for update, I can't remember the exact app you need to freeze on KK, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

• bigjailerman likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 bigjailerman

bigjailerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:Dave L
  • Locationon the hop
  • Current Device(s):razr M, S4 I545

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Found it, thanks...it is MotorolaOTA