2 replies to this topic

#1 Realtor Jim

Realtor Jim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

I got my Razr Maxx as soon as the Verizon store opened, I waited for the battery life after returning my original Razr. The battery is awesome, it actually does last all day!

Now off to the issues, and they are major ones. I keep losing my data, and for long periods of time. I called Motorola [color=#812528 !important][color=#812528 !important]tech [color=#812528 !important]support[/color][/color][/color] and they had me download the "restore connectivity settings" app from the app store. It was supposed to fix the issues, and in the 5hrs since I downloaded it I lost the data 4 times (that I noticed). While holding for second level tech support I got hung up on twice. On the third call I was told they had left for the day. You would think they would have fixed this known issue before releasing a new phone! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am also having trouble receiving all my calls. So far 4 times I have gotten random [color="#812528"][color=#812528 !important][color=#812528 !important]voicemails[/color][/color][/color] when my phone didn't ring. All 4 people said my phone just went to voicemail without ringing and I happened to be in an area with perfect service. Is anyone else having this issue too?

Jim

#2 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Why did you call Moto support? I would recommend calling VZW support instead. Contrary to what other users say on here, they're usually been pretty helpful to me. They will likely walk you through a handful of steps to check settings and system info, so you will need to call them on another phone. Just call them on your new phone, press 0 and ask for tech support. They will flag your number for support so that when you call on a secondary line to get help you will go right to a support person.
They will likely ask you to hard reset and do a power down and remove similar card and all that nonsense ... waste of time for 90% of issues bit that's just part of the troubleshooting process.

Since you just got your phone, DO NOT allow them to issue a "like new" replacement no matter what. It waives your 14-day worry free guarantee and at that point you can't take it back if your signal issues don't improve.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#3 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

I got my Razr Maxx as soon as the Verizon store opened, I waited for the battery life after returning my original Razr. The battery is awesome, it actually does last all day!

Now off to the issues, and they are major ones. I keep losing my data, and for long periods of time. I called Motorola [color=#812528 !important][color=#812528 !important]tech [color=#812528 !important]support[/color][/color][/color] and they had me download the "restore connectivity settings" app from the app store. It was supposed to fix the issues, and in the 5hrs since I downloaded it I lost the data 4 times (that I noticed). While holding for second level tech support I got hung up on twice. On the third call I was told they had left for the day. You would think they would have fixed this known issue before releasing a new phone! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am also having trouble receiving all my calls. So far 4 times I have gotten random [color="#812528"][color=#812528 !important][color=#812528 !important]voicemails[/color][/color][/color] when my phone didn't ring. All 4 people said my phone just went to voicemail without ringing and I happened to be in an area with perfect service. Is anyone else having this issue too?

Jim

If you want you can upgrade the radio with my 6.12.173 leak. An info guide and installation guide can be found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It's helped fix data drops for me

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users