#1141 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Curious as to when razr maxx owners will be able to fastboot back to ICS to Root. My buddy has the razr m and he is capable of using RSD Lite to go back to ICS from jellybean. I figure it should be relatively soon for the maxx no?

It won't be until we get fastboot files, which won't be until after the official rollout of JB from Moto. What we have now is an oops leak.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#1142 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Curious as to when razr maxx owners will be able to fastboot back to ICS to Root. My buddy has the razr m and he is capable of using RSD Lite to go back to ICS from jellybean. I figure it should be relatively soon for the maxx no?

As soon as we have the proper fastboot files.... we will try to make it possible.... but right now with major changes to the security signatures etc....... its not likely we will be able to go back to ICS.... ever....

sent from my JB RAZR ... tapadriving

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1143 jmdearrasrazr

jmdearrasrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Has Verizon or Motorola ever commented on this accidental release?

#1144 hawkz28

hawkz28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

My buddy that works at a corporate store hadn't heard until I told him....
  • wabmorgan likes this

#1145 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Has Verizon or Motorola ever commented on this accidental release?

Motorola replied to questions/complaints about it on their FaceBook page, but only with the following canned response (or slight variations of it):

"On Dec. 24, some DROID RAZR & DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola owners may have received a notification to upgrade their phones to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). We expect the full Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade to take place for all DROID RAZR & DROID RAZR MAXX owners in Q1 of 2013."

#1146 azle

azle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Trying to get back to the 211 from215 leak. When I try to install the utility it just says install/sd card. I have the 215 and the utility on my SDcard. Now i know it sees my sdcard because i can do the 215 update over my phone again? what am I doing wrong. I would like to get JB today.

Azle

#1147 azle

azle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

By the way when I try the utility the phone just times out and goes black?

#1148 rayross

rayross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

You have to use the utility on the comp man

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#1149 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Trying to get back to the 211 from215 leak. When I try to install the utility it just says install/sd card. I have the 215 and the utility on my SDcard. Now i know it sees my sdcard because i can do the 215 update over my phone again? what am I doing wrong. I would like to get JB today.

Azle

The utility is made to run on the computer.... not the phone.....

sent from my JB RAZR .... tapadriving

jhf.png

#1150 azle

azle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

copy thank you.

#1151 hutchfamilynet

hutchfamilynet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

The update is 98.72.8 and is for coming from 6.16.211. If you are on 6.16.214/215 you need to roll back to the 6.16.211 update first.

Please be aware, this new build is likely not rootable yet! If you want to have root!

I updated to the leak already, but did not root prior to taking the leaked update. Is there anyway I can get the phone rooted now that I'm on 98.72.8 ?

#1152 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

The update is 98.72.8 and is for coming from 6.16.211. If you are on 6.16.214/215 you need to roll back to the 6.16.211 update first.

Please be aware, this new build is likely not rootable yet! If you want to have root!

I updated to the leak already, but did not root prior to taking the leaked update. Is there anyway I can get the phone rooted now that I'm on 98.72.8 ?

We don't as of yet have root for the JB update .....

• Fltlander likes this

jhf.png

#1153 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

We don't as of yet have root for the JB update .....

If, however, you had root before updating, but lost it when you went through the update process, there is a chance that Matt's "Restore Root Utility" (the link is earlier in this thread), *might* be able to get it back for you. I even saw a report on another thread of a user who went from .215 back to .211, forgot to re-root before he upgraded to JB, and was STILL able to restore his root with Matt's utility.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#1154 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Well, I took the plunge this evening and installed the JB leak.
I had already taken my RAZR Maxx back from .215 to .211 right after this leak surfaced, but I was afraid to go any further until I saw more feedback on this update.
I've only played with it for a few minutes, and I do feel it is less sluggish (although coming from .211 after having been on .215 for a few months, *anything* feels faster.
I followed the directions, so I was able to use Voodoo to restore my root.
The WiFi tether hack (the sql one) looks like it is still intact, too. I haven't had a chance to really test it yet, though.
I tested a bunch of my apps, but tomorrow will be the real test (using Waze on the drive to work, seeing how much of the battery is use during the day, when I really don't use my phone while at work, and I have a weak signal on it most of the time.

I did notice (and I think I saw someone else here post this) that when I move the phone away from my ear after finishing a call, the screen doesn't come back on. I wonder if there is something with the proximity sensor turning off when the screen turns off or something.

#1155 brewzer

brewzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Well, I took the plunge this evening and installed the JB leak.
I had already taken my RAZR Maxx back from .215 to .211 right after this leak surfaced, but I was afraid to go any further until I saw more feedback on this update.
I've only played with it for a few minutes, and I do feel it is less sluggish (although coming from .211 after having been on .215 for a few months, *anything* feels faster.
I followed the directions, so I was able to use Voodoo to restore my root.
The WiFi tether hack (the sql one) looks like it is still intact, too. I haven't had a chance to really test it yet, though.
I tested a bunch of my apps, but tomorrow will be the real test (using Waze on the drive to work, seeing how much of the battery is use during the day, when I really don't use my phone while at work, and I have a weak signal on it most of the time.

I did notice (and I think I saw someone else here post this) that when I move the phone away from my ear after finishing a call, the screen doesn't come back on. I wonder if there is something with the proximity sensor turning off when the screen turns off or something.

I have to wave my hand across the sensor at the end of a call to get the screen back so I can hang up the call!

#1156 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

I have to wave my hand across the sensor at the end of a call to get the screen back so I can hang up the call!

Brewzer, I've been experiencing similar behavior while on ICS… & suspected it was due to some rule I created for the AutomateIt app; seeing your post, I'm guessing it has to do w/a hardware quirk, or bad application interaction…

You can go to Settings->Accessibility & check off end call w/power button.

Your posting helped b/c I didn't think of waving my hand by the sensor…

thanks…

Sent fm my Eclipse'd XT912 using Xparent Tapatalk Blue 2

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1157 MillerTyme

MillerTyme

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

this might be my first post, not sure, just felt the need to say THANK YOU to matt. Been using your utility to root etc... for a little while now and it really makes life easier. Then a few days ago i went to update to JB and made the mistake of following some directions on another forum that were similar to these but abbreviated (forgot the part about updating su binaries) and so while everything went okay with the flash, i ended up losing root. After some searching i ended up back here and found i wasnt the only one with this issue and of course you had already created a utility for just such an occasion. 2 minutes later i was back rooted and ready to go. Thank you for all the work.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#1158 Nolimitslja

Nolimitslja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Just have some questions I want to confirm based on what I've read... If I downloaded the Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and load it on my OG RZR everything should work as long as I'm ICS .211 I don't care about root personally I just want a faster more efficient OS and since Motorola keeps jerking the date around I'm hoping this will work. Also does anyone who has JB use FoxFi for a mobile hotspot and know if it works with JB? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

#1159 FcHsChilD

FcHsChilD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Just have some questions I want to confirm based on what I've read... If I downloaded the Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and load it on my OG RZR everything should work as long as I'm ICS .211 I don't care about root personally I just want a faster more efficient OS and since Motorola keeps jerking the date around I'm hoping this will work. Also does anyone who has JB use FoxFi for a mobile hotspot and know if it works with JB? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

FoxFi does NOT work.Spend the $2.99 and buy SQLite Editor and use the hotspot hack.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1160 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

FoxFi does NOT work.Spend the $2.99 and buy SQLite Editor and use the hotspot hack.

You have to be rooted to use this method though. From what I've read your WiFi tether options are pretty slim with JB unless you have a rooted device.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on JB Christmas Gift from Verizon :). Tried it first using dual boot method. (JB Dual Boot - XT912)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users