#501 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma
  • Current Device(s):Razr converted into a Maxx

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

yeah i figured i could do that the only thing is im interested in selling it so that i can buy an upgrade, and i need to leave it on stock unrooted to sell it....anyone know if the utility will do that?

#502 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

yeah i figured i could do that the only thing is im interested in selling it so that i can buy an upgrade, and i need to leave it on stock unrooted to sell it....anyone know if the utility will do that?

Once you reflash the JB update after using the unbrick tool, you'll be back to stock

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk HD

#503 Bratster2

Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

As stock as you can be at the moment, it will still be on the jelly bean "leak ota"

#504 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

yo guys that utility didnt work at all....if anything its more bricked now if thats even possible....i get an error when trying to apply the update after the .bat has done its thing and wont boot.....any suggestions?

#505 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

after verifying current system..... it says assert failed: apply_patch_space(15008849) installation aborted....damn it now im out a phone

#506 Bratster2

Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm not experienced with this utility as it doesn't apply to my phone so you will have to wait for someone else to help tomorrow. However that being said, it has worked for a lot of people. your phone is most likely just soft bricked I. E. Totally fixable. Put it aside and deal with it tomorrow when more knowledgeable people an online to help.

#507 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

yo guys that utility didnt work at all....if anything its more bricked now if thats even possible....i get an error when trying to apply the update after the .bat has done its thing and wont boot.....any suggestions?

I think some miscommunication happened... if you didn't attempt to reflash ICS from JB, then you had no need to use the unbrick tool. That's why in the post under your thread I put that that was the reason the tool was created. I assumed because of the way your thread was written that was what had happened to you, which is why I explained about the unbrick tool when someone brought it up.

Whatever you've done to your phone can be fixed. You may not be able to get a response as to how until tomorrow, but more likely than not, its fixable. Take a deep breath =]

If you haven't heard from anybody by tomorrow, try PMing matt Groff, tucstwo, dirtydroidx, or one of the other devs... they're all really helpful and will know how yo help get you up and going again :)

#508 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

wait so if i take this already bricked paper weight and try to flash ics....then run the utility....then update....will it work?

EDIT: slash thanks for all the responses and sorry for being so annoying....i just kind of need my phone for work and if my wife needs to grab me

#509 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

wait so if i take this already bricked paper weight and try to flash ics....then run the utility....then update....will it work?

EDIT: slash thanks for all the responses and sorry for being so annoying....i just kind of need my phone for work and if my wife needs to grab me

Good question lol I don't know for sure, but the logic would seem to be on your side. If it was me, I'd try it.

#510 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

alright yeah you're right...f*ck it ill try it lol hopefully ill get a somewhat functional phone if anything haha

#511 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

alright yeah you're right...f*ck it ill try it lol hopefully ill get a somewhat functional phone if anything haha

If you try it with RSD lite, it will fail at step 11/16.

#512 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

crap.....didnt work...of course and just my luck....if anyone has any tips for me please lemme know. really need this thing. thanks

#513 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

crap.....didnt work...of course and just my luck....if anyone has any tips for me please lemme know. really need this thing. thanks

I wish I could be more help... I know when I was doing some testing, I reflashed my JB Maxx 2x with RSD Lite 6.1.4 to ICS and 1x with Matt's utility, used the unbrick tool, booted up in moto recovery, then reflashed the JB update.

Does it give you any errors while in moto recovery? What happens when you try to boot

#514 josiebro

josiebro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hey guys, just a quick question here. Now that the JB root is out, I managed to root my RAZR and install Safestrap 3.11. Since I haven't used a recovery since ICS, I'm a bit confused by the new touch menu layout. In older versions of Safestrap, we had to go to the Safe side in order to flash a rom. I can't seem to find that option in 3.11. How do I flash a rom on 3.11? Do I have to create a slot in ROM-Slot-1??!

Thank you so much!

#515 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid incredible 2/ droid RAZRxt912

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Once a ROM slot is created and its activated, your on safe side. Its so much easier and a lot faster the way it is now

#516 rmoya5150

rmoya5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationconcord, ma

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

I wish I could be more help... I know when I was doing some testing, I reflashed my JB Maxx 2x with RSD Lite 6.1.4 to ICS and 1x with Matt's utility, used the unbrick tool, booted up in moto recovery, then reflashed the JB update.

Does it give you any errors while in moto recovery? What happens when you try to boot

yeah when i try to apply the update in recovery it gives me this message after verifying current system...assert failed: apply_patch_space(15008849) installation aborted

#517 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

yeah when i try to apply the update in recovery it gives me this message after verifying current system...assert failed: apply_patch_space(15008849) installation aborted

I recommend jumping into the Chatroom, easier than all this back and forth

#518 looneytuned29

looneytuned29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

since i updated to jb, my phone will only ring about half the time. its very annoying. i have wiped dalvik and cache and reset. when it will not ring out loud it will vibrate. this is no matter what ringtone i have. if anyone has any suggestions i would really appreiciate it. thanks in advance

#519 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

since i updated to jb, my phone will only ring about half the time. its very annoying. i have wiped dalvik and cache and reset. when it will not ring out loud it will vibrate. this is no matter what ringtone i have. if anyone has any suggestions i would really appreiciate it. thanks in advance

Call VZW and have them change how long it rings on their end. There's no way that I know of to make it ring sooner on your end since that line of code was removed from the build.prop. However, I know commands can be added to the build.prop, but I'm not sure if simply adding that line of code will do anything on JB or not... someone more knowledgeable than me will have to answer that.

Even with that being said, VZW can still change it on their end to make it ring longer before going to VM.

#520 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

i would redo the jb update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users