542 replies to this topic

#521 spyder

spyder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

since i updated to jb, my phone will only ring about half the time. its very annoying. i have wiped dalvik and cache and reset. when it will not ring out loud it will vibrate. this is no matter what ringtone i have. if anyone has any suggestions i would really appreiciate it. thanks in advance

Don't want to say glad this happened to you, but I'm at least knowing I'm not the only one that had "Volume" issues. First, RIGHT NOW, I'm on the JB, Rooted, and all is perfect.....BUT, when I FIRST loaded it, here are just a couple of the things:

1. It would NEVER RING: Only Vibrate...
2. When you answer, this is the screwy part....No volume for ring, but when on a call, speakerphone ONLY. SOMETIMES, answering and it was normal, but if you put it on speaker, it stuck there. Any outgoing call was speaker phone like it or not.
3. NO OTHER VOLUME FOR ANYTHING: Alarms, music, videos, games, etc....

I did just about everything, no sense listing all the detail, you know....All the "Fact. Reset", clear cache, etc.....Plust btw: Voodoo did NOT save Root, BUT, Matts RecoverRoot zip did.

Well, I called Verizon, now here is where that little white lie came in handy, Even though the OTA WAS sent to me and Failed, then I loaded it via the recovery, I told them that I got the update from them, and had all these issues, so I was sent a warranty replacement.

It came w/ GingerB. I had full intention on just waiting for the OTA, But having that darn JB on my SD and not loading it was driving me crazy, so I just decided BEFORE I did ANYTHING to the phone, do it.....I rooted GB, loaded the file, again Voodoo failed me but the "RecoverRoot" gave it back.

After that, it's running like a charm.

Also to point out, they gave me no problems at all about the root. I REALLY GOT LUCKY, since the warranty expired in November, a week before the warranty expired, knowing I'd have another year of contract, I called complained about a bunch of stuff and got fresh phone, don't ask why, IDK, I just felt I wanted a fresh one since the warranty was out....WELL, when you get a replacement, you get 3 mo. of warranty on that.......SO, lucky I did that as I was able to get a replacement for the messed one.

I will say also, sorry jumping around, I DID managage to fix all the volume issues, and have it working fine, but root was totally gone, also by then the replacement was on the way.....How I fixed it...well, I don't really know....I just for kicks (Knowing I had one on the way), ran the unbrick zip from matt. cleared everything installed again (2x), and out of nowhere it ended up working.

I did mention on the phone "It's NOT ROOTED", since one other time, they said during upgrade, or stuff like that, they can get false positive on their end showing it's rooted....

SO: SORRY FOR ALL THE BABBLE....My advice, call and get a replacement, tell them that they gave you the update, NOT that you side-loaded it......They ARE supporting it, since they are the ones that leaked it accidently. They will give you a fresh, no quesitons I'm sure.

When you get it: I guess you can install VooDoo to give it a shot, but ??.....Anyway, Root from the Batman utility, and then goto recovery and load JB.

Try to get root back, doubtful, but hey?......Run the restoreroot from Fastboot, and you should be fine.

My biggest question now: I did load Safestrap, and installed recovery, so I could make a nandroid. My concern, IF it gets messed up, and I have to reload JB, it won't be rooted, and even MattG I read said that's probably a good ways off, before we have a solid way to do so.....

I'm wondering if my Nandroid will give me back everything, and I'm not about to test. Just FYI: I was told, make sure to delete the SU backup in VooDoo BEFORE you Nandroid, don't want to save the bad file......resave it again now that I'm good.

Anyway, I know I was all over the place there, sorry about that, but the same w/ the phone, I was trying everything.....

Are you having any other audio issues than the ring????

Anyway, good luck.....S

#522 B.L.E.A.K

B.L.E.A.K

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I updated my phone XT910, a GSM device to the Verizon CDMA ROM. Flashes the patch and have been the happiest.
My only question is when I start the phone, I get the white text on the Motorola screen. Its cause I don't have my CID in place I guess. Any way to remove this white text? I plan to sell my phone soon (Got the NEXUS4!!)

Thanks!
Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.

#523 pfftlol

pfftlol

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I can't install this update no matter what I try! Every time I try flashing this through the android recovery It returns this error message during the installation

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I've read and read all about potential workarounds for this issue and there seems to be no solution, two other members had this problem when trying to update from Gingerbread to ICS in the past, and they couldn't fix it either. I am, to my knowledge, the only one having this issue for ICS -> JB.

I've used Matt's utility to revert to pure vanilla stock razr, but the problem persists. I've read that the issue may reside in the radio, so I used the android SDK to re-flash the radio.img found in Matt's utility also. No change. I would try manually flashing the lte.img (the one found in the JB update's zip) but where would I flash it? I don't think that's how it's meant to be used anyways.

I HAVE flashed a droid razr with the JellyBean update before. I did it for a friend of mine. He, however, had never installed custom roms with his ICS kernel before, though he was rooted. His update went swimmingly and he's now running JB, much to my envy.

I should mention that, the first time I tried installing the JellyBean update, I foolishly did it with a very low battery and my razr's battery died during the "updating BP..." step. This soft-bricked my phone, but after a good charge via the wall charger I was able to unbrick it using Matt's utility. I suspect this first failed update is what is causing the failed updates now, but I'm not sure how it could since the new ICS install with Matt's utility should have wiped up the errors.

Here's a screenshot of my device's current installation (in the "about phone" menu) if it's of any help to you.

#524 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Try to do a factory reset before installing JB.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#525 pfftlol

pfftlol

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Try to do a factory reset before installing JB.

No dice; still receiving the same error message.

After attempting and failing the install after a factory reset I also wiped the cache too and then tried again. Still the same error.

Any more suggestions? I'm at wit's end.

#526 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Seems like you did a lot of stuff after the first original restore. I can only think something in that is causing it. Charge your battery. :P , reinstall .211 with the utility, be sure to say yes to wipe data at the end of the utility run. Then try again

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#527 pfftlol

pfftlol

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Seems like you did a lot of stuff after the first original restore. I can only think something in that is causing it. Charge your battery. :P , reinstall .211 with the utility, be sure to say yes to wipe data at the end of the utility run. Then try again

Ah, I'd forgotten about this part.
After reinstalling .211 with the utility, on the first boot-up it goes into an automatic update whether I'm in recovery or not. Is this normal? Also, during this automatic update I receive this error message.

As you can see the error is quite similar to the other one.
This is probably why the JB update fails. But what causes this error and what is this automatic update anyways? How come the Radio Image update fails on a 100% clean install?

Attempting a normal boot after this failed update allows me to boot into ICS like normal, and everything seems to be functional.

Thanks for your help, by the way.

#528 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Ah, I'd forgotten about this part.
After reinstalling .211 with the utility, on the first boot-up it goes into an automatic update whether I'm in recovery or not. Is this normal? Also, during this automatic update I receive this error message.

As you can see the error is quite similar to the other one.
This is probably why the JB update fails. But what causes this error and what is this automatic update anyways? How come the Radio Image update fails on a 100% clean install?

Attempting a normal boot after this failed update allows me to boot into ICS like normal, and everything seems to be functional.

Thanks for your help, by the way.

Have you tried redownloading? Sounds like you tried everything except that. Could be corrupt

#529 pfftlol

pfftlol

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Have you tried redownloading? Sounds like you tried everything except that. Could be corrupt

I have redownloaded the Jelly Bean update multiple times and tried the update with zips from quite a few sources, all failing at the same step.
Now that my mention it though, I haven't tried redownloading Matt's utility. I'll do that now, reinstall .211 and try the update again. Be back soon.

#530 pfftlol

pfftlol

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Redownloading the utility had no effect. Seems nothing's corrupted. I'm still getting the same error messages when trying to update, both at the automatic update on the first boot and when I try to apply jelly bean.

:C

#531 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Sorry don't know what to do to fix it. Only thing i can think to do is a work around but i know i wouldn't be satisfied until i got it fixed but i would use jb dual boot to use jb for now and when the official jb ota is released if it still doesn't work you could take it in and complain that the phone won't take the update. You also tried different usb Ports? Ones connected in the back? 2.0 not 3.0? Different cables? Just hoping something might make a difference but that's all i got other than gtalk with mattlgroff

#532 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Redownloading the utility had no effect. Seems nothing's corrupted. I'm still getting the same error messages when trying to update, both at the automatic update on the first boot and when I try to apply jelly bean.

:C

Did you try downloading the JB unbrick utility fix? then load the early release of the OTA
  • technician13 likes this

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#533 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX, NEXUS 7 32gb

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

:D Batman is my Mother Effing Hero for life! You saved my Maxx again this time with the JB UNbrick tool. I did an FDR to get ready for a soak and I forgot I replaced the stock Launcher with the M launcher and bricked it. Used the unbrick tool then Flashed the JB leak :)

#534 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Verizon

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

:D Batman is my Mother Effing Hero for life! You saved my Maxx again this time with the JB UNbrick tool. I did an FDR to get ready for a soak and I forgot I replaced the stock Launcher with the M launcher and bricked it. Used the unbrick tool then Flashed the JB leak :)

May I ask your process of getting ready for the soak? That's exactly why I found this thread.

I'm rooted and on the JB leak as we speak (have been since Christmas Eve), and basically want to get rid of root and restore to just the JB leak (I put in the survey I would be using JB, not ICS). Please please any help is greatly appreciated.

#535 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

May I ask your process of getting ready for the soak? That's exactly why I found this thread.

I'm rooted and on the JB leak as we speak (have been since Christmas Eve), and basically want to get rid of root and restore to just the JB leak (I put in the survey I would be using JB, not ICS). Please please any help is greatly appreciated.

Use the unbrick utility in the OP. It will get your phone ready to flash the jb leak from recovery.
Put your phone into AP fast boot run the utility from windows after that your phone will not boot but that's ok get into recovery and flash the JB ota leak from external storage. Make sure you have the Jb ota leak in your external sdcard and don't change the file name. After first boot if you get tons of fc go back into recovery and wipe data and caches. Then you'll be Jb leak stock:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#536 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

It is my assumption that being rooted shouldnt make a damn difference. If I were choosing to get the soak, I personally would not get rid of root and attempt the update anyway. When we get "official" updates, we can take them while still having root, so I think its silly. Just my .02

#537 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Verizon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

It is my assumption that being rooted shouldnt make a damn difference. If I were choosing to get the soak, I personally would not get rid of root and attempt the update anyway. When we get "official" updates, we can take them while still having root, so I think its silly. Just my .02

Good point. My main reason is that I may have uninstalled some apps with Titanium Backup originally, so I just want a clean slate. I could root again after going back to stock and hope for the best with the update.

#538 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Good point. My main reason is that I may have uninstalled some apps with Titanium Backup originally, so I just want a clean slate. I could root again after going back to stock and hope for the best with the update.

Got it. My recommendation going forward would be dont mess with stock at all. Just use Safestrap and goof around with Slots. That way you never have to worry about updates.

#539 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I wonder if they will make an Official JB Rom Section? lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#540 anuglx

anuglx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Mr

I have no wrods to say thanks... Its been great pleasure to inform you that I could able to unbrick my droid Maxx with UnbrickXT912Jellybean, and i hope you dont have have any hesitation to share this among my mates.(sure ... Credits goes to you Only Ma lord !!)....

With regadrs

anuglx.
  • lear likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users