#1 andynolan

andynolan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

Well, I spent all day Christmas trying to fix this problem - thank you Motorola & Verizon.  Basically, I was told that I am screwed and I will lose all my data.  Since, my Razr M with Version 98.12.4.xt907.verizon.en.us will still boot up to "red eye" I am determined to make this this a successful project.  Until the "experts" here tell me I am screwed - I am going to give it a whirl.

Situation:

• On Christmas Eve, my phone, on its own, tried a software update - and failed.
  • Called Verizon - they indicated factory reset my be only option.
  • Called Motorola - said that Verizon pushed out an update to this phone that was beyond capability of this early model of Razor M ( I believe it is over 3 years old).  They said that it is impossible to go back to a previous working version - must factory reset. 
  • Critical data on phone - it must be rescued - willing to try anything at this point!  Phone is out of warranty, Motorola said they would replace if factory reset didn't work, but like I told them phone is over 3 years old, why would I want the phone if I can't keep the data?  If I can't save data the phone is almost worthless to me.  I figure i would hit up Verizon to replace it - so I have nothing to lose in unlocking it if there is a chance to get the data of it.
  • Can get to triage screen - Wiped cache - no luck. Will go into FastBoot and phone is locked and has never been unlocked.  
  • USB is not enabled on phone.  Does this mean that only SDcard is only access?
  • I have no experience of hacking phones but have above average aptitude - used to be a programmer.
  • Motorola Device Manger says Current Version: 98.12.4.xt907.verizon.en.us
  • Loaded 98.12.4.xt907.verizon.en.us on to SDcard and tried "update from SDcard" - no success.  It is my hope to find a way to flash to a maybe a previous version?  Is this really impossible?

• If there was a way to just download contacts, pic, and text messages - I would even be thrilled - but since USB is not enabled and I don't have access to the main menu via the screen - I was told that this is impossible.  The phone also has pattern lock - if that even matters at this point.

• I have spent 12 hours searching online and trying various ways to gain internal access with no success.

• I am sure this will be a heavily searched thread - if you want to put your expertise on display - so have it plase - and save my butt - if for no other reason other than I am a decent hardworking single father and human being!

• Thanks in advance for help!

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

Go to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

thread and follow the instructions for "Save Data" and flash the 183.46.10 version.  This is the KK update.  Due to the process of how they updated and the updated recovery, if there was one little thing off, the update fails.

Once you have done that, go to

thread and unlock the bootloader before taking the update that will show up.  If you take the update before doing so, you will not be able to root or unlock the bootloader.

• RikRong likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 andynolan

andynolan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

Thank you so much for the reply!  Unfortunately, I had already tried using the  

.  I have Windows 7 64 bit, tried numerous Motorola Driver downloads, but the utility fails and I was never able to resolve issue. Even though I had no issue getting into FastBoot -  I figured it was the USB connection to phone, but since I was in the "red eye" state and USB was not enable - I was screwed. I have tried to download the most current drivers(tried the one listed in instructions and also one that come with Android Studio).  SDL is in the RSD Lite folder.  RSD Lite connection says "Fastboot  SMQ S  1  USB  N/A  Connected ".  I attached the SWDL file.  Thanks!

12/25/14 18:13:17  New Log Started For Software Download.
12/25/14 18:13:33  00001a0c Phone.cpp 531 1 ERROR Generic failure when sending command.
12/25/14 18:13:33  00001a0c Phone.cpp 1778 1 ERROR GetTechnology failed: ERROR.
12/25/14 18:13:33  00001a0c Phone.cpp 531 1 ERROR Generic failure when sending command.
12/25/14 18:13:33  00001a0c Phone.cpp 1847 1 ERROR GetSoftwareVersion failed: SendTC failed: ERROR.
12/25/14 18:13:33  00001a0c Phone.cpp 2005 1 ERROR GetSoftwareFlexVersion failed: ReadSeemElement 

Attached Files

• Attached File  SWDL.txt   53.73KB   2 downloads

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

You have to be sure to use the motorola cable, USB 2.0 port. If you've done that, if you have access to another computer, I would try it. Sometimes drivers get messed up when different devices are used on the same system. Samsung drivers are bad for screwing up moto drivers beyond fixing easily.

sent from my N6

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 Joemaamah

Joemaamah

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for posting this Andy. I'm feeling the pain as well. You woukd think someone at Big Red would freakin' know better that to release a software update on Christmas Day, probably the biggest calling day of the year.

I spent hours last night and most of the day today trying to get a bricked phone back up. I suspected a failed update since I hadn't added anything in months to my phone. I've tried the cache reset. I've tried the factory reset, but I still can't power the phone down or get past the Red Eye O' Death. I've been trying to restore the stock system to the phone using RSD Lite 6.1.6 and have run into a brick wall there. RSD refuses to find the phone although I've gotten the latest Motorola Device Manage drivers installed and working. Windows knows something is connect. ADB is working correctly according to Device Manager. I see a lot of posts saying RSD Lite doesn't work with Windows 8.1, and if true I am screwed.

I'm glad I found this group, hopefully I can get some direction on how to resurrect this zombie.

#6 Joemaamah

Joemaamah

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

I've got my original USB cable installed to a 2.0 port and with my phone at the fast boot screen it detects whether the cable is connected or not correctly. At the Windows end of things I get the tone when I connect or disconnect the phone, but nothing shows up in Explorer. I am not sure if that's because I've removed my sdcard as a precaution. 

#7 andynolan

andynolan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

You have to be sure to use the motorola cable, USB 2.0 port. If you've done that, if you have access to another computer, I would try it. Sometimes drivers get messed up when different devices are used on the same system. Samsung drivers are bad for screwing up moto drivers beyond fixing easily.

sent from my N6

Are you saying that I am correct and it is a USB communication issue?  It has a tag that says "motorola data cable" - so I think that is fine?  It is the same cable I used to download stuff off of my phone before, but I can't say with 100% certainty it is the one that came with the phone.  .  I tried another computer ias you suggested (Windows 7 32bit) and got the same results.  I also removed the drivers and re-installled them.  Are the drivers that are attached to the instruction the ones with the highest probability of working and not the most current ones from Motorola?  Those are the ones that are currently installed now.

Would I also be correct that if the driver was installed correctly that I would see the phone as a connected storage device under "Computer" in Windows 7 ?  Maybe a better question is whow is a phone USB connection suppose to look like in RSD?

Currently when the driver installs a msg appears as "Mot Single ADB Interface" (also shows this way in Device Manager) but doesn't show up under "Computer" as a storage device .   Motorola Device Manager has no problem seeing the phone.  

When I type "fastboot devices" I get a 14 digit # followed by "fastboot" - does this indicate that i have some sort of connection?  When I type "adb devices" I get an empty "List of Devices Attached"

My progress so far:

• One issue appeared to be a bad download of the zipped up xml file.
  • RSDflasher seems to work better when you let it unzip the xml file.
  • First deleting all android drivers off of pc, rebooting, then loading the android drivers seems to have helped some usb issues.
  • For some reason, RSD Lite is seeing 2 usb connections. First one has no name, second one says Fastboot" .  Could it be my usb mouse?
  • SWDL
12/27/14 02:03:04  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/27/14 02:03:04  New Log Started For Software Download.
12/27/14 02:03:04  The FlashLog key is turned off.
12/27/14 02:03:07  Arrival, interface=33(0x0), device id=1636460.
12/27/14 02:03:07  Arrival, interface=28(0x1), device id=1636460.
12/27/14 02:03:07  Multi upgrade started for 2 phones
12/27/14 02:03:07  [Device ID: 1] 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin"
12/27/14 02:03:07  [Device ID: 0] Please manually switch the device into fastboot mode and reconnect the phone.
12/27/14 02:03:07  ERROR: The phone failed to switch to fastboot mode. - on device ID 0.
12/27/14 02:03:08  ERROR: 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL. - on device ID 1.
12/27/14 02:03:08  [Device ID: 1] 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.
12/27/14 02:03:08  ERROR: Failed flashing process. - on device ID 1.
12/27/14 02:03:08  Multi upgrade finished.

• I have been running RSDflasher with keep data, and box checked - Open RSD but do not flash.  Fastboot msg on phone:
    • downgraded security version
    • update gpt_main version failed
    • preflash validation failed for GPT

•  

Thanks!

#8 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

Looks like you are trying to downgrade on a locked bootloader and it's not letting you.  You could try flashing your current firmware version in RSD to see if it will get you out of your bootloop, alternately you could try manually flashing an older version but skipping the gpt.bin and the bootloader. I suspect that won't work either since you are locked though.

#9 andynolan

andynolan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

Looks like you are trying to downgrade on a locked bootloader and it's not letting you.  You could try flashing your current firmware version in RSD to see if it will get you out of your bootloop, alternately you could try manually flashing an older version but skipping the gpt.bin and the bootloader. I suspect that won't work either since you are locked though.

I believe the goal is to downgrade (suggested earlier in this thread), since Verizon through an automated update, tried to upgrade it past what the early version Razr M is capable of running,  and that is why it is stuck on "red eye".  I also believe flashing the current firmware is not an option, since the current "wrong" version is what is causing it to go into a bootloop, in the first place.

#10 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Unfortunately, having a locked bootloader, I'm not sure you CAN downgrade.  That's why you are getting the gpt errors.  I think your only option is to manually flash using fastboot, everything except the gpt.bin and the motoboot.img, for a previous firmware or you can flash via RSD using a modified XML. Again I'm not sure that will even work since you are locked.

#11 andynolan

andynolan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

Unfortunately, having a locked bootloader, I'm not sure you CAN downgrade.  That's why you are getting the gpt errors.  I think your only option is to manually flash using fastboot, everything except the gpt.bin and the motoboot.img, for a previous firmware or you can flash via RSD using a modified XML. Again I'm not sure that will even work since you are locked.

You have to excuse my ignorance since I am a complete noob when it comes to phone hacking, but I am fine with unlocking the bootloader if this is what it takes to get my data off of this phone - which is my top priority(this is why I am cautious and want to make sure whatever I do preserves the data on the phone).  The phone is out of warranty (so I am not worried about returning it), I am eligible for an upgrade, and I am going to go to Verizon and raise hell for destroying my phone anyway.  Ii have had this phone for over 3 years - never had an issue with it - until the incompetence of someone at Verizon hosed it up with pushing out an update.

#12 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

Something doesn't quite make sense to me. The build number you listed in OP was a JB build.  I wonder what update got pushed to you that would cause you to boot loop.  You hadn't even received a KitKat update yet.  You SHOULD be able to flash the build that livingkaos linked you to, which is a kitkat build that you can still unlock.. The error you are getting looks an awfully lot like the error you get when you try to downgrade on a locked bootloader.

#13 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,446 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Do you have an Android emulator installed?  Whatever that second device is with "no name" could be interfering with it.  Maybe.  Hard to say what's going on based on the info so far.  It definitely did not like the FXZ you try to flash for some reason.  Figuring out the reason is the real trick here.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#14 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

Bluestacks or eclipse?

sent from my N6

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#15 andynolan

andynolan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Something doesn't quite make sense to me. The build number you listed in OP was a JB build.  I wonder what update got pushed to you that would cause you to boot loop.  You hadn't even received a KitKat update yet.  You SHOULD be able to flash the build that livingkaos linked you to, which is a kitkat build that you can still unlock.. The error you are getting looks an awfully lot like the error you get when you try to downgrade on a locked bootloader.

The reason for the "red eye" situation was the explanation the Motorola tech gave me.  She had indicated that a version was being pushed out that should have never happened - not for very early Razr M.  I listed the version # that Motorola Device Manager gave, but I do not no for certain if this was the last working version or the version that was pushed out and failed.

Based upon what you are saying, do you think it was the Kit Kat that was pushed out, failed, and what was being listed was the last working version?

#16 andynolan

andynolan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

Do you have an Android emulator installed?  Whatever that second device is with "no name" could be interfering with it.  Maybe.  Hard to say what's going on based on the info so far.  It definitely did not like the FXZ you try to flash for some reason.  Figuring out the reason is the real trick here.

I had installed Android Studio when searching for drivers, since it had Android SDK.  I uninstall Studio and this cleared the "dual" issue.  Thanks!

Now my log looks like this:

12/27/14 20:15:05  New Log Started For Software Download.
12/27/14 20:15:05  The FlashLog key is turned off.
12/27/14 20:15:09  Arrival, interface=28(0x0), device id=1636460.
12/27/14 20:15:09  00002b8c Phone.cpp 531 0 ERROR Generic failure when sending command.
12/27/14 20:15:09  00002b8c Phone.cpp 1778 0 ERROR GetTechnology failed: ERROR.
12/27/14 20:15:09  00002b8c Phone.cpp 531 0 ERROR Generic failure when sending command.
12/27/14 20:15:09  00002b8c Phone.cpp 1847 0 ERROR GetSoftwareVersion failed: SendTC failed: ERROR.
12/27/14 20:15:09  00002b8c Phone.cpp 2005 0 ERROR GetSoftwareFlexVersion failed: ReadSeemElement failed: ERROR.
12/27/14 20:15:09  00002b8c Phone.cpp 1975 0 ERROR GetBootVerFlashMode failed: SendTC failed: ERROR.
12/27/14 20:15:09  00002b8c Phone.cpp 1894 0 ERROR GetDRMVersion failed: SendTC failed: ERROR.
12/27/14 20:15:09  Multi upgrade started for 1 phones
12/27/14 20:15:09  [Device ID: 0] 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin"
12/27/14 20:15:09  ERROR: 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL. - on device ID 0.
12/27/14 20:15:09  [Device ID: 0] 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.
12/27/14 20:15:09  ERROR: Failed flashing process. - on device ID 0.
12/27/14 20:15:09  Multi upgrade finished.

Should I still be using VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml  ?   Can all versions of Razr run Kitkat is the first obvious question? 

If not what do you suggest next?  I am willing to try anything as long as there is a high probability to save the data on the phone.  You might have to spell it out a bit or give me a link for a process to follow   :D  .

In doing some research for " ERROR: 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin""  I found:

UPDATE: I renamed the VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10_1FF.xml folder to remove the .xml at the end of it, ran the RSDScriptGenerator again and tried RSD again using the UNIVERSAL script.

Is this something I should be doing?  I have been using the Keep Data script. 

Thanks!

#17 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,446 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

I don't recommend this lightly so only do this after all possibilities have been exhausted.  You will not be able to unlock the bootloader or root after doing this but it may be the only way to get the phone working again.  That would be to use the 15 FXZ.  You'll find it in the forum.  Once you install that, all unlocking and rooting is off the table and can never be done.  But it sounds like whatever was pushed to your device screwed up that possibility anyway.  It may be your only option.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#18 andynolan

andynolan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

I don't recommend this lightly so only do this after all possibilities have been exhausted.  You will not be able to unlock the bootloader or root after doing this but it may be the only way to get the phone working again.  That would be to use the 15 FXZ.  You'll find it in the forum.  Once you install that, all unlocking and rooting is off the table and can never be done.  But it sounds like whatever was pushed to your device screwed up that possibility anyway.  It may be your only option.

That is only if it works, correct? What exactly is the "15 FXZ" I should be searching for?   If it fails, other options will still be on the table?  Can you explain why this is so hard to get around:   ERROR: 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin ?  Thanks!

#19 Joemaamah

Joemaamah

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

I'm running into the same problems. After a bit of a run around thanks to RSD Lite not liking Win 8.1, I was relieved to find out that an old laptop still had Win 7 on it, and I could at least get RSD Lite 6.1.6 to recognize the phone was attached via the Motorola USB cable on a 2.0 port. 

Model: Fastboot SMQ S

Port #1

Port Type: USB

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N/A  <--- This looks a little bothersome.

I downloaded what I believe are the latest firmware files from the forum.  As reported in the RSD Lite File Properties Window:

Filename: VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml
Creation Date: 12/28/2014 05:36:32
File size: 1966
Sofware Version: smq_vzw-user 4.4.2 KDA20.62-15.1 15 release-keysSM_BP_101031.042.32.86P
For Phone Model: VZW_XT907_1FF

The phone shows this from the AP Fastboot flash mode screen:

10.98(*) (sba-61146a2, 2014-07-29 06:28:44)

Device is LOCKED,   Status Code:0

Battery Low   (although if I power down the phone from this screen, the battery meter shows 100% charge. It just came off the charger as well)

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Fastboot Reason: Boot menu selected
usb connected.  (phone is correctly showing when the usb is connected or not)

When I start the flash though, it fails after about 5 seconds. The SDWL.TXT  file reports:

12/28/14 00:36:42  New Log Started For Software Download.
12/28/14 00:37:12  The FlashLog key is turned off.
12/28/14 00:37:23  Multi upgrade started for 1 phones
12/28/14 00:37:23  [Device ID: 0] 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin"
12/28/14 00:37:33  ERROR: 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> USB error occurred while reading/writing. - on device ID 0.
12/28/14 00:37:33  [Device ID: 0] 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> USB error occurred while reading/writing.
12/28/14 00:37:33  ERROR: Failed flashing process. - on device ID 0.
12/28/14 00:37:34  Multi upgrade finished.
12/28/14 00:38:30  00001160 Phone.cpp 531 0 ERROR Generic failure when sending command.
12/28/14 00:38:30  00001160 Phone.cpp 1778 0 ERROR GetTechnology failed: ERROR.
12/28/14 00:38:30  00001160 Phone.cpp 531 0 ERROR Generic failure when sending command.
12/28/14 00:38:30  00001160 Phone.cpp 1847 0 ERROR GetSoftwareVersion failed: SendTC failed: ERROR.
12/28/14 00:38:30  00001160 Phone.cpp 2005 0 ERROR GetSoftwareFlexVersion failed: ReadSeemElement failed: ERROR.
12/28/14 00:38:30  00001160 Phone.cpp 1975 0 ERROR GetBootVerFlashMode failed: SendTC failed: ERROR.
12/28/14 00:38:30  00001160 Phone.cpp 1894 0 ERROR GetDRMVersion failed: SendTC failed: ERROR.

If I click the little icon next to the device row I get this show up in the Device Properties window in RSD Lite:

ESN: N/A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: N / A 
DRM Version: N / A

I've verified I've got the latest Motorola Device Manager installed, and used it twice to make sure there were no further updates available. If I go to the

Windows Device Manager the ADB interface is shown as being up and working. Windows update confirms theses are the latest drivers as well. There are no errors at the PC end on any of the USB ports or hubs.

I'm getting the nasty impression this phone is bricked. If anyone might offer some suggestions or direction on possibly getting this thing to work I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA!

P.S. I already have lit a candle and petitioned St. Jude. ;^D

#20 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

That is only if it works, correct? What exactly is the "15 FXZ" I should be searching for?   If it fails, other options will still be on the table?  Can you explain why this is so hard to get around:   ERROR: 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin ?  Thanks!

I believe he means the

the gpt.bin is the partition table.  I suspect it sets the partitions for everything else that gets flashed.  If someone else can give a good explanation for what it is, what it does and why it can't be downfgraded I'd love to hear it.

I've also read elsewhere that some people have gotten around the error by flashing just the gpt.bin in fastboot. Don't see why that would work though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: red eye, stuck, frozen, razr m, verizon, motorola, save data

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users