96 replies to this topic

#61 JJFlash

JJFlash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Has anyone tried to set up speed dial yet? I can't seem to figure how to do it with JB.

#62 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hands free, blue tooth voice dialing doesn't work well at all. It is so inaccurate that it is useless. Furthermore, it doesn't confirm the name of the contact it is dialing...then it dials the wrong number.
My understanding is that this is a known iissue in 4.1.2 that is fixed in 4.2.

I hope some of our talented devs will correct this issue by bringing the improved features of 4.2 into ROMs for 4.1.2 real soon! :)

#63 TweakedSystems

TweakedSystems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

I Like the response, Very Quick I can not connect to my usb tether/mobile hotspot does not work and neither does my Bluetooth tether. Other than that I 'm please. :) Here is my screen shots..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

708.83KB   37 downloads

87.61KB   37 downloads

463.87KB   37 downloads

89.56KB   38 downloads

74.63KB   39 downloads

Posted Image

#64 chrisf8657

chrisf8657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

You can...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Care to share how?

#65 blakeslee14

blakeslee14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

i love the smoothness and the battery life.

the one issue that i did have is it randomly crashed today and was stuck on a black screen for a while. literally i was doing nothing at the time... hopefully just a one time thing. anyone else has this happen? overwise everything i use works great.

#66 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

I mentioned somewhere, hopefully not in this thread, but GPS lock is GREAT! Clearly the issues with RAZR/ICS and GPS was ics and not hardware based. I use waze and traffic from Navigation for work, and this update makes it all worth it just for the fix.

#67 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Since this was a leak and not an official OTA, I'm hoping that issues people are coming up with are fixed by the time the OTA comes out.

I myself put this on my OG RAZR and not my MAXX as the MAXX is my every day phone. But, definitely Project Butter has really improved the responsiveness of the RAZR. This is how ICS should have been.

I didn't do the root keeper option so my only gripe is not having root. Otherwise, I like what I've seen so far.I can't wait when the official OTA comes out. But, I'll probably hold off on it until root is possible as well as official fast boot files so I have a way to revert back to stock if I royally screw something up while flashing and modding.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#68 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Like it so far EXCEPT phone calls are using the speaker even though I didn't select it and it is not highlighted.

I just noticed this last night. I don't like this. Only problem I have.

Edit:Fixed

#69 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

-New Dock Mode: combined Desk and Bedside, better interface
-AOSP Gallery: the old Motocast Gallery was just awful. I had switched to QuickPic but now I don't need it anymore
-All the Pro's of JB (butter, enhanced notifications, google now, etc)

Dislikes:
-Clock/Alarm is now straight AOSP. We lost "use increasing volume" alarm option and there's no timer integrated into the clock.
-No more Sticky Notes widget (and some other Blur widgets too)

It looks like this release is even more straight AOSP...less customizations to a lot of things, like status bar icons and AOSP apps. That's good for the most part, though some of Blur was actually nice (like the alarm mentioned above). We'll have to see if this is only because this is an accidently released build and if the final build will be more Blurry.

Link to old Motorola clock. Move to system / apps and fix permissions. Reboot. Not sure if this will work on odexed . I'm on deodexed stock and confirm its working . I didnt even delete other clock this one just took over in the drawer and replaced the jb clock

• cvhovey likes this

#70 RacerRon

RacerRon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Hands free, blue tooth voice dialing doesn't work well at all. It is so inaccurate that it is useless. Furthermore, it doesn't confirm the name of the contact it is dialing...then it dials the wrong number.
My understanding is that this is a known iissue in 4.1.2 that is fixed in 4.2.

I hope some of our talented devs will correct this issue by bringing the improved features of 4.2 into ROMs for 4.1.2 real soon!

I fixed this on mine by installing the old Voice Commands app and it works great. I just pulled the .apk from my rooted jb (that I just restore with titanium backup) and installed it on my wife's non rooted jb. It is working well for both phones. I would post the .apk but do not have a drop box type account. It is only 1.1 meg.

#71 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

I fixed this on mine by installing the old Voice Commands app and it works great. I just pulled the .apk from my rooted jb (that I just restore with titanium backup) and installed it on my wife's non rooted jb. It is working well for both phones. I would post the .apk but do not have a drop box type account. It is only 1.1 meg.

Thanks...I'd greatly appreciate it if you would upload the old voice commands app or provide a link.

Thanks

ps Happy New Year!

#72 domino

domino

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Uhh I don't know if it's me or not... but the glaring issue of non working headphones...

Everything else is good!

#73 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Uhh I don't know if it's me or not... but the glaring issue of non working headphones...

Everything else is good!

I don't have any issues with my headphones, unless you're using Bluetooth headphones...only issue I have with headphone connection is how it automatically turns the volume down and I haven't tinkered with how to disable that feature yet, too busy playing with everything else on JB :D

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running on high octane with Jelly Bean

#74 RacerRon

RacerRon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

This is my first drop box attempt so I hope it works. On my wife's unrooted JB we set install from other sources in settings / security. Then install the .apk . Then we had to disable Google Search in app management. Reboot and fire up Bluetooth select Voice Commands when prompted and click always. Then reinstalled Google search from the market.

#75 RacerRon

RacerRon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

I don't have any issues with my headphones, unless you're using Bluetooth headphones...only issue I have with headphone connection is how it automatically turns the volume down and I haven't tinkered with how to disable that feature yet, too busy playing with everything else on JB

If you just freeze the Acoustic Warning with Titanium Backup this problem , or feature depending on your point of view , will go away. :D

#76 BUMMERX

BUMMERX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:BuMMeR_X

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Can no longer get into Recovery since I upgraded to JB. Turned phone off and went through the normal procedure to get into Recovery, when the droid laying down shows up tried the Volume +/- at same time and no go. Did notice the the triangle sign on the droid is red, thought it use to be yellow. Really not to much of any issue just found this when I was going in to clear the cache.

#77 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

If you just freeze the Acoustic Warning with Titanium Backup this problem , or feature depending on your point of view , will go away.

I'm going to try that, thanks :D

#78 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Has anyone tried a 64Gb card yet to see if it is fully functional?

#79 2euce_Iota

2euce_Iota

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I can't get any of the add-on dictionaries to stay once I install them. Is this just a personal problem?
  • dunttt likes this

#80 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I noticed when viewing videos ive taken in landscape they wont play back in landscape. This is a huge oversight in my opinion. Who wants to watch their videos in portrait mode?

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 98.72.8, 4.1.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users