Please do yourself a favor and read, read again, and read one more time before installing and using this tool. If it's set up correctly, it's very easy to use. But if you don't follow directions, it'll either not work or not do what you expect. Failure to read and follow the directions is NOT a defect of the tool!
This tool will allow you to flash a Nexus factory image or OTA zip to your device.
WARNING: If you don't pay attention to EVERYTHING, you will lose data so READ, READ AGAIN, and READ ONE MORE TIME!
- You MUST have Java 7 or higher installed and correctly set up to allow it to run executable jars!
- You only need the Platform Tools for your chosen environment (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
- Extract HouseOfNexus-#.#.zip to your C:\ drive (Windows) or \ (Mac or Linux). If you extract it somewhere else, make sure there are NO spaces in the path else it'll fail.
- Windows - Extract the platform tools zip into the C:\HouseOfNexus\TOOLS folder and overwrite what is there.
- Copy your factory image to the HouseOfNexus\IMAGES folder
- Optional - Add open recovery img file to the recovery directory. The filename MUST include the device name (e.g. marlin, shamu, angler, etc)
- Optional - Add supersu zip file to the SUPERSU directory
- Run the HouseOfNexus.jar file
- Select the factory image you copied to your HouseOfNexus\IMAGES folder
- Ensure your device is charged and in AP Fastboot mode. The process to get into AP Fastboot mode may differ depending on device. Search is your friend.
- Ensure your device is connected to USB and the fastboot drivers are installed. Again, search.
- In the HouseOfNexus\NEXUS folder, run the flashme.bat file (Windows) or flashme.sh as sudo (Mac or Linux). WARNING: Do NOT run this unless you are ready to start flashing. It starts immediately.
NOTE: Follow directions during flashing. You will be asked several important questions during flashing. If you do not pay attention to what it's asking, you will end up blowing away your data partition so READ CAREFULLY.
- Ensure your device is charged, booted, and USB Debugging is enabled. Search is your friend.
- Ensure your device is connected to USB and the ADB drivers are installed. Again, search.
- In the HouseOfNexus\NEXUS folder, run the flashme.bat file (Windows) or flashme.sh as sudo (Mac or Linux)
- Follow directions to sideload OTA zip
- Boot to fastboot mode, run the HouseOfNexus\NEXUS\recovery.xxx script to memory boot custom recovery
- Boot to custom recovery (see previous step), run the HouseOfNexus\NEXUS\supersu.xxx script to sideload supersu
Report your findings in this thread. Copy and paste from the script cmd window into this thread so I can see what the output looks like.