2 replies to this topic

#1 drsuse

drsuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

I have tried arctic, th3orys,razrx, and they are great roms.. but i had a soft brick and went back to stock... i think i like more of the plain feel. Is there a script or procedure to juat remove blur? I use enhanced email and launcher pro and dont need anything blur offers.

#2 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Well with a rooted phone you can play around with freezing certain blur .apks to see what's needed and what isn't. I'm coming from a Charge, and you could simply freeze the .apks for the launcher as well as any system apps that you were using an equivalent (browser, gallery, sms, etc). On that phone, the /system partition was quite small, so I'd typically delete things if I had no problems with them frozen for awhile. I would NOT recommend doing that here if you're wanting to stay basically stock, since there's plenty of space on /system and it'll take you off the upgrade path. Keep in mind that many parts of the system are designed to work together, the Contacts app in particular has a large number of apks needed to work properly. Freeze on thing at a time and see how it performs before moving on to the next.

Honestly though, if you dont like the launcher (I don't either) there's no reason to remove the stock one, just use something else. If you want to "de-blur" the menus and certain functions, it'll require framework edits to mimick AOSP or what ever else you want. This would of course classify as a theme, or a full ROM if programs or features were added/removed.

What I'm saying is if you like the stock phone but not the launcher, its got plenty of space and power, just run the launcher of your choice over a stock system. We'll have fully working AOSP ICS soon enough.

#3 drsuse

drsuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Thanks... i created a script to create a app.disabled folder in the system dir and move files to that folder that i didnt think was needed and just ran it.. but i didn't know if someone had a list of bloatware or blur apps that are safe to remove. I have a few fc's but i narrowed it down. I used to use launcher pro and i went back to it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users