479 replies to this topic

#281 zalabou

zalabou

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

Yes.  But only to flash the same or higher version than you're on.

i have nexus 6 locked bootloader, no os, no recovey (stock/custom).

#282 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

Then you are very much in the wrong thread.  House of Nexus is what you want.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#283 zalabou

zalabou

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Then you are very much in the wrong thread.  House of Nexus is what you want.

where i can found the good thread in this forum?

#284 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

With that nifty thing we like to call search.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Pow_2k likes this

#285 zalabou

zalabou

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:38 PM

With that nifty thing we like to call search.

thnx.

#286 semiconformist

semiconformist

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Google+:plus.google.com/+AustinDennis
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC
  • Current Device(s):iPhone 6 (iOS 8.4.1 - Jailbroken)

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

So, something to take note of.

I was using a F2FS enabled rom before using HouseofMoto and it did not reformat my cache partition to ext4. Had to flash TWRP and reformat, but it worked like a dream after that. Might want to add this to the post; I was able to figure it out, but others might not. This tool has saved my rear end a couple times over the years, thanks again Samuri!  :D

FORMAT ALL PARTITIONS TO EXT4 BEFORE USING THIS TOOL!

You've been warned!

- Insert witty and/or advertisement filled signature here. -

#287 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:13 AM

lots of the various utilities out there cant deal with the different partition formats, but that is definitely good for others to know :)

• semiconformist likes this

#288 bhramarpandey

bhramarpandey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Current Device(s):samsung n7100 , moto xt 926m

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:02 PM

You can't downgrade with a locked bootloader.  The exploit for unlocking was patched in .15. I had someone say kingo can root .15 but its a tethered root. You might also do a search for hydrogen peroxide root. I have heard that it works for some but has bricked some as well.  Trying to unlock while rooted with hydrogen peroxide results in a perma brick. I have not used either of the mentioned methods Good luck.

thanks alot pal.

kingo works for me.

am facing one issue i.e

whenever phone starts either switched on or restarted, it stucks on ap fast boot mode.

then i have to press switch on button along with volume up

then selecting normal powerup skipping fast boot mode.

is there anything i can do for making my xt926m boots normal..?

#289 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

Yes, read the OP.  You will find your answer.

• spainter likes this

#290 bhramarpandey

bhramarpandey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Current Device(s):samsung n7100 , moto xt 926m

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

am facing one issue i.e

whenever phone starts either switched on or restarted, it stucks on ap fast boot mode.

then i have to press switch on button along with volume up

then selecting normal powerup skipping fast boot mode.

is there anything i can do for making

Yes, read the OP.  You will find your answer.

i have flashed with latest VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF version via house of Moto.

but still phone stucks on this -

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)

10.9B(*) (sha-61146a2, 2014-07-29 08:54:49)

eMMC Info: Size 32GB

Device is Locked. Status Code:0

Battery OK

Connect USB

Data Cable

Fastboot Reason: Sticky bit factory_fastboot

#291 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:40 AM

I could repeat myself but I'm not sure you'd do what I said the second time I said it either.
  • rickw and RikRong like this

#292 2cents

2cents

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:44 PM

The link for the FXZ file is broken...or it's just my tablet.

Edit: site url has changed; it is now motofirmware.center...and the fxz files are now gone

#293 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:43 AM

Nothing I can do about it as I don't run that site.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#294 mms33

mms33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

Hello I am new to the forum, I have a Droid Xt926 Phone. I folloowed step by step the directions and it just keeps giving me failed errors.   Then phone boots up but goes back to encryption unsuccessful.

I am not sure what else to do.

I am not sure if there is anyway to get my phone to work now.

It says its locked i am not sure if that is issue.   I do know the phone dropped early before this happened. Maybe the drive got messed up.

Here is the screen shot

Attached Files

#295 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,458 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

Looks potentially like bad flash ram.  We've seen it before.  Your phone's not accepting any of the partitions.

#296 G__Money

G__Money

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:13 PM

Does anybody know where the ram is on the phone board? What package type? If it's not a bga, i may try to replace it (getting a new soldering station for Christmas and would love to use it for such a task). Anybody ever heard of anyone going to this much trouble to get back a phone?

#297 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

Does anybody know where the ram is on the phone board? What package type? If it's not a bga, i may try to replace it (getting a new soldering station for Christmas and would love to use it for such a task). Anybody ever heard of anyone going to this much trouble to get back a phone?

I have seen people change out the boards but never replace components. I would check out the fixit sites to see if it was even available.

#298 G__Money

G__Money

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:19 AM

Wow, thanks for the quick response. The reason i'm asking is, i've tried everything i can find on droidrzr.com and xda-developers... and no joy. Here's another post on droidrzr.com for which i'm still awaiting a response; 

(the last post on that page is by me unless someone answers between now and then). Basically, that post has the behavior of the phone when i use RSD Lite 6.2 & 5.7 standalone (5.7 was used for all but 1 stand alone attempt), HouseofMoto and RSDFlasher (the last two, as you know, use RSD Lite in the background). My first issue was drivers (a lot of people on xda-developers said to use the Android SDK Google USB drivers instead of Mot's). I eventually found droidrzr.com and was enlightened to the Motorola drivers, which got me to the next step, that being the phone responding to ADB commands in ADB sideload mode (tangent experiement) and being "seen" by RSD Lite. I even tried to load the ROM file to the SD Card and load from the phone's recovery menu option for Load from SD card. By the way, i also tried Linux which gets you around the driver issue, but only lets you use ADB sideload mode since RSD Lite doesn't exist for Linux (very weird). You still have to install adb tools, but you can use apt to do that, which was easy and more comfortable for me (I dislike Windows in a very visceral way).

Both ADB sideload and SD card mode looked promising until the file was "transferred" when the phone came back and said "Installation aborted". When using AP fastboot, RSD Lite (as well as RSDFlasher and HouseOfMoto) fail at step 1/17 or 1/18 (depending on whether i'm doing "FULL" or "KEEP"). The log files in the RSD Lite installation path all show "Generic failure when sending command" and then a message more pertinent to what the command was, like GetTechnology or GetSoftwareVersion, etc.). Which might explain why when i run RSD Lite stand alone, when the phone is "found", all of the info in the upper left corner of the RSD Lite window says "NA" by it.

The post at the link i included has a lot of info like my phone version, the ROM file version, etc. If you get a chance to look at that post and have any additional suggestions, i'd be more than happy to try anything... including replacing components on circuit boards cause damn it, i'm smarter than this phone and it ain't gonna beat me :)

#299 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

House Of Moto uses fastboot commands directly not rsd. If you are failing on both and you have placed the snapdragon support (Motorola fastboot and adb files in the tools folder in HOM I would say that the memory has failed.  I have two Droid Razr Maxx HD's and with house of moto I have never had a flash fail in windows vista, 7 or 10. I have since semi retired the Droids and have moved on to Dev devices or Nexus hardware. The failure of the memory started big time about 8 months ago. There are two manufactures of the chip that I am aware of, Both of mine have samsung chips.

#300 5000droidbrick

5000droidbrick

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

Is there another location I could get the factory image files for the xt-1080? the link included goes to a dead site currently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users