House of Moto [4.3]

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#321 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:53 AM

Did a complete flash to 15.1 including personal data. There were no error messages. The phone is still having the same problem -- while making a call (from the people screen) it goes to a black screen and doesn't go to the dialpad -- it then often reboots automatically.

Look through your settings and make sure your imei and provider is listed.  Power your phone down remove your sim card reboot let it fully boot up shut down and reinsert the sim card and try it again. Not sure why it would re boot itself unless it was trying to reset the sim card.

• hakenkand likes this

#322 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

I need fastboot files for my motorola xt912 vs.en.us plz help me

download the snapdragon support files from the OP the motorola fastboot files are in that zip.

#323 albert0229

albert0229

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationsouth africa
  • Current Device(s):Samsung

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:58 AM

I dont understand plz

#324 albert0229

albert0229

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationsouth africa

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

I tried to update my motorola xt912 and after that my fone was brick

#325 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:06 AM

download the snapdragon support files from the OP the motorola fastboot files are in that zip.

Not a snapdragon.  So this is very bad advice.  :)

I dont understand plz

I tried to update my motorola xt912 and after that my fone was brick

Pretty sure you're looking for the FXZ.  I don't have a link to it.  you're going to have to google for it.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#326 albert0229

albert0229

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationsouth africa

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

After have it what should I do

#327 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:14 AM

Flash it using this tool by following directions in the OP.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#328 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:17 AM

What Sam said.

#329 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m XT907

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

Look through your settings and make sure your imei and provider is listed.  Power your phone down remove your sim card reboot let it fully boot up shut down and reinsert the sim card and try it again. Not sure why it would re boot itself unless it was trying to reset the sim card.

Tried doing the sim card. It still had problems going to the dialpad although, so far, it hasn't rebooted automatically. When it has the problem, it doesn't respond to pressing the phone icon on the main screen.

#330 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:46 PM

It's rebooting automatically now as well.

#331 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:06 PM

How familiar are you with the fastboot command line?

#332 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:54 AM

How familiar are you with the fastboot command line?

Not very. But I have used this type of setup many times with other programs.

I just tried something I saw on xda developers. for people who have this type of problem. He suggested turning off "transition animation" & "animator duration scale" in the "developer" option. I have now put the phone in the freezer (in a ziplock) and will remove it after 1 hour and test it again. (The problem seems to happen more when the phone is cold.)

#333 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:19 AM

Still having problems with it not going to the dial pad while dialing and after connecting. So far it hasn't had the automatic reboot problem though.

#334 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

Still having problems with it not going to the dial pad while dialing and after connecting. So far it hasn't had the automatic reboot problem though.

You are going in the right direction I believe.  It is going to be one of those try one thing and then another type fixes.  I was going to suggest getting another fxz file of the same version from a different source and flashing the system and radios again.  It is hard to find sources for the files now that haven't been tweaked.

#335 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:28 AM

Latest development:

Someone at xda recommended turning on bluetooth and turning off  dialpad>three dots>setting>autoanswer on headset.

When I did that, it stopped the black screen on dialup.

However, the phone reboots over and over when it gets cold. I found many others who had this problem. (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) The phone seems to function ok when it's not cold. One person said that the phones aren't made for the real world.

#336 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:35 AM

Latest development:

Someone at xda recommended turning on bluetooth and turning off  dialpad>three dots>setting>autoanswer on headset.

When I did that, it stopped the black screen on dialup.

However, the phone reboots over and over when it gets cold. I found many others who had this problem. (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) The phone seems to function ok when it's not cold. One person said that the phones aren't made for the real world.

That and the phone is a 4 year old design.  There are quite a few around but they are getting long in the tooth. (Old).

#337 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

Question: is it possible to erase all partitions on the xt907 including the bootloader using fastboot? Is so, would it then be possible to reinstall all files? (I would assume it isn't possible or people would be doing it but just thought to ask anyway).

#338 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:16 AM

I got the factory charger cable today and tried to charge our other xt907 which seems almost completely bricked. (It only goes to fastboot mode and nothing else.) I left it charging for about 2 hours and then tried flashing with HoM. It gave a "low battery" error and also failed on every write.

Wondering if there's a way to verify that it's actually a factory cable and if it's charging?

#339 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:51 AM

I got the factory charger cable today and tried to charge our other xt907 which seems almost completely bricked. (It only goes to fastboot mode and nothing else.) I left it charging for about 2 hours and then tried flashing with HoM. It gave a "low battery" error and also failed on every write.

Wondering if there's a way to verify that it's actually a factory cable and if it's charging?

A factory cable dies not charge the phone, it bypasses the battery and powers the system board directly. Plug it into the phone, then into the computer and go to fastboot mode. It should say battery ok and you should be able to flash.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#340 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:43 AM

A factory cable dies not charge the phone, it bypasses the battery and powers the system board directly. Plug it into the phone, then into the computer and go to fastboot mode. It should say battery ok and you should be able to flash.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that.

I tried plugging it into the computer. The computer connected to the phone and then immediately disconnected  for some reason. I couldn't get the computer to stay connected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users