479 replies to this topic

#361 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

If that's not the issue then it's rejecting the FXZ for whatever reason.  We've seen this happen with countless 907 and 926's...the flash mem goes bad, causes a bootloop, and doesn't allow you to rewrite the partitions.  It's a sign of a hardware failure in most cases.  Still, I'd make sure you have the right FXZ and try again.  Also make sure it's fully charged before trying to flash.  Other than that, there's not much else that can be done.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#362 rwrutl

rwrutl

Droid Devotee'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCleveland TN

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:44 AM

Sam I have benefited numerous times in the past from your diligent work and always been an admirer, so I'm gonna ask once more if you can advise me where to locate fxz files for an old Bionic I need to resurrect. One of the Droid turbo2 phones I have needs to be sent back to Moto and I need a phone to use in the interim, I have tried to find the files online without any success. TIA 

#363 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:51 AM

Looks like there might be some working links in Obsidian's drive files -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#364 rwrutl

rwrutl

Droid Devotee'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCleveland TN

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:56 AM

Much Thanks

#365 ianc10

ianc10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:48 PM

I have a Droiz RAZR M that keeps booting up to the red eye, and just hangs there.  I've tried doing a hard factory reset, but it still does the same thing.  Should following this flash procedure fix it?  The instructions mention a warning about unlocked bootloaders.  Will I have to unlock the bootloader before I can use this procedure?  Can I do that with the stuck-at-the-red-eye issue?  If so, how?  Thanks.

#366 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

The only difference between flashing a phone with a locked bootloader and one that is unlocked is that with a locked bootloader you can only flash the exact version of software or newer. If you try to flash an older software if you are lucky you only get a security error.  You just have to do the research and make sure you get the right software for your phone.  Search carefully and only flash when you are sure of the software.  Most of the sites that had the software listed ceased to exist about 9 months ago due to a data rights management crackdown.  When you locate the right factory software just set up and follow the instructions for HOM exactly.  Reading through the 19 pages of posts isn't a bad idea because about all the problems have been brought up and discussed.

#367 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:06 AM

Make sure you find the correct firmware for your device before flashing.  Flashing firmware for any other model will permanently brick your phone.  I don't have any working links for firmware these days so you'll have to search.

#368 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:53 AM

Make sure you find the correct firmware for your device before flashing. Flashing firmware for any other model will permanently brick your phone. I don't have any working links for firmware these days so you'll have to search.

If you're having problems finding firmware for your device, you could check here

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL and spainter like this

#369 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

If you're having problems finding firmware for your device, you could check here

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

First site I have seen that is working in a long time.  Thanks OldBaldy

• Jbirdy10 likes this

#370 ianc10

ianc10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

Thank you so much for that link to firmware and also this thread!  It worked like a charm.

• SamuriHL likes this

#371 surfhiggins13

surfhiggins13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:49 AM

Hi, I'm having some issues and would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance!

-Model of phone
Droid Turbo

-Exact system version the phone was on before flashing (4.1.2 is NOT a version)
Honestly, I am not positive which version I was running before.

-Exact filename of the FXZ you are attempting to flash
I think that this is the issue here. I am not sure of which Droid Turbo FXZ to use. I have tried about 4 different ones, most recently the VRZ_XT1254_SU2-12_12_CFC.xml.zip version

-The text of the AP Fastboot mode
AP Fastboot Mode (Secure)
BL: moto-apq8084-70.86 (sha.8bfdfd, 2015-04-06, 16:09:43)
Baseband: MDM9625_104351.17.02.71.13R QUARK_CUST
Product/Variant: quark XT1254 64GB P4A
Serial Number: xxx
CPU: APQ8084 ES1.1
eMMC: 64GB Hynix RV=07 PV=03 TY=57
DRAM: 3072MB Hyix S8 SDRAM DIE=6Gb
Console (NULL): null
Battery OK (Charging)
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0
Software status: Officical
Transfer Mode: USB Connected

-The contents of the flashme.bat/sh file from the HouseOfMoto/MOTO folder

-The text copied from the flashme.bat/sh run (select all the text, copy it, and paste it into your post)

-The text copied from the HouseOfMoto/Generate.log file

-Details of everything you've "tried"
Again, I have tried a few different Images as there a large number out there for droid (all from firmware.center). I have also tried with and without erasing the GPT partition.

-Any other pertinent information that will help us diagnose and fix your problem.
This problem stems from having accidentally selected force RTL layout in Developer options, which caused system UI to crash. This occurs immediately on startup. That being said, all the plumbing (including sound notifications) works just fine

Thanks again so much for your time!

#372 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:55 AM

Looks like you're flashing the wrong image to your device.  If your bootloader is not unlocked, you must flash the same version or higher than what's currently on your phone.

#373 surfhiggins13

surfhiggins13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I tried again with what I believe to be a recent version, but did not have any luck. Here is the generate log and run output

Thanks again

#374 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

I don't know what you had installed previously but pre flash validation errors mean it's not liking the image it's receiving. Not really sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#375 surfhiggins13

surfhiggins13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

Hmm, haven't had any luck with finding the correct image in that case. I have tried pretty much every one under the Droid Turbo category. Could it have anything to do with the "multiple XML files found warning?"

Thanks again

#376 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:01 PM

It's unlikely. I'm not sure what the latest image is.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#377 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#378 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

Most current is 23.21.49 per

Which is SU4TL-49 - here is the link -

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#379 surfhiggins13

surfhiggins13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Thanks so much for the help guys, successfully flashed the phone.

However, it did not fix the problem so I'm assuming that the configuration settings for developer options are stored in the user data partition

#380 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

Then erase data

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users