House of Moto [4.3]

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#421 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

You need to include a lot more information than you have.

Bootloader unlocked?

What the phone does when you try to boot?

Firmware version?

Is the phone charged or will it charge hooked to a wall charger?

#422 sagar_1401

sagar_1401

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:33 AM

Will this work for moto x style XT 1572 DS RETASIA ??

Idk what is fxz file but if i want to downgraded from mm to lp then is this a better way or if you guys have any idea then pls share it!

#423 highvoltageent

highvoltageent

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt1080

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Hello all, another xt1080 here stuck in red eye boot. Heres the thing...

Its a vzw phone, locked, and the verizon app on my laptop for update/repair will reflash the phone just fine. The RSD app also will reflash the phone just fine.I used the CFC_obake_verizon-user-4.4.4-SU6-7.7-release-keys.xml in RSD. The problem Im encountering Im thinking is a hardware failure, because the (windows7 64) MTP driver will not install and will not work at all, it tries to reinstall that when hooked up to the laptop once it gets to the red eye over and over. Also if I go into fastboot and try to go to recovery, it reboots the blue android logo then immediately returns to fastboot with the text in red "Boot up failed". 

Im guessing im bricked due to hardware failure. This was a warranty replacement phone, im imagining its a refub to begin with. 

Is it worth trying HOM on this or is it hardbricked?

#424 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

That definitely sounds like a hardware failure to me.  If you've already used RSD to flash the image, HoM isn't likely to help unfortunately.

• spainter likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#425 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

OK, so my old and ancient Sholes device is running some sort of bastardized 4.0.4 firmware that doesn't even have the play store in it.  I'm getting it set up to flash the last stock image released for it, FRG83G.

Wish me luck!

• spainter likes this

#426 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

The files I have are SBFs - FXZ was used with later devices, correct?

• spainter likes this

#427 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

Yes

• johnlgalt likes this

#428 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Yea, SBF hasn't been tried with the HoM for quite some time.  Not even sure if it works.  I have my doubts.  You might be RSD'ing that.

• johnlgalt and spainter like this

#429 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

Lol.  I might.  I know the instructions say for the tgz file that contains the FXZ, so I had to check.

I had RSD 6.2.4, but I cannot recall ever using it on Windows 10, so this will be an experience.

Just about done with a pair of Galaxy S6+ Edges.  Glad I searched, didn't know that I had to remove the accounts first before factory resetting the device.  #$%#@% Samsung....

• spainter likes this

#430 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

I've not used RSD on Windows 10 either so will be curious how that goes.  LOL.  You can try the HoM first and see what happens.

• spainter likes this

#431 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

HoM didn't work - doesn't like either a raw SBF or a GZd / TARd / TGZD SBF.  Plus, RSD Lite would not even recognize the device on my desktop, even with the Motorola drivers installed (just the raw drivers, not the full Motorola Help package).

On my laptop, RSD recognized the device (but that also had the full driver package installed ,not just the extracted drivers themselves).  However, just like it used to way back when, RSD Lite would see the device, and start the install, show like it is doing something, and then finally fail.  Unlike before, though, it didn't actually install anything.

The device was running an over-baked kernel of some sort, CMRecovery 2.5.0.4 and a CM 1 off that was highly altered to fit the tiny ROM space on the device. 

Luckily I am such a packkrat.  Not only do I have the full SPBs, some of the original GZd and ZIPd SBF direct downloads from VZW, and the OTAs, but I also have every flavor of Froyo stock ROMs that Pata Alfonso (remember him?) had ODEXed and DeODEXed.

So, finally, after trying to force it every which way I could, I just copied the FRK76 ODEXed .ZIP onto the SD Card, booted into CMRecovery, and then wiped everything and installed it directly there.

Being so late, I didn't bother to see if it replaced the recovery or not (I don't think it did) but at any rate, the phone is back to stock, with a working (albeit extremely old) play store.

I'm almost tempted to use my Taimen to make a 'retro' video in which I actually use the DROID as a live device, in a sort of parody.  Some topics to consider:

• Slide out physical HBs
  • Size
  • Weight
  • Need for speed (as in connections)
  • Secruity

Who knows, maybe I will...

• spainter likes this

#432 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

I found an old Samsung Charge, and of course my BIONIC. 

The Charge powered up, and took and held a charge on the battery, but it had some seriously weird screen flashing so I think there is a major issue with the screen / digitizer on that thing, probably a broken / loose connection from the phone being bent (it looks like it was not treated well).

The BIONIC powered up when I put the power cable in directly (without the battery - which makes the pair of TBO Moto power adapters redundant, I think lol), so I may have some more playing t do - the BIONIC, in particular, as it was set up with that ... 2init? ... script that allowed it to boot ROMs off the SDCard.  However, there is also screen damage, in this case, the underlying part of the screen, where the LCD is, versus the actual Gorilla Glass screen.  It has some areas that light up a constant gray and stay that way, and I remember now that it was doing it before as well.  In fact, I think that is the reason that JustAGuy sent me that SIII to replace it....

Anyhoo, more flashing fun, maybe.  Let's see if HoM works better on the BIONIC than it did with the OG DROID.

• spainter likes this

#433 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

That was my thought on the SBF.  I didn't think that was likely to work with HoM but worth trying.  Bionic should be fine though.

• johnlgalt likes this

#434 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

Cool.  In searching around for BIONIC files, though, look what I found:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Interesting to note the following conditions:

What you’ll need
  • A Motorola Droid Bionic
  • A relatively recent 64-bit computer (Linux, OS X, or Windows) with a reasonable amount of RAM and about 100 GB of free storage (more if you enable ccache or build for multiple devices). The less RAM you have, the longer the build will take (aim for 8 GB or more). Using SSDs results in considerably faster build times than traditional hard drives.
  • A USB cable compatible with the Motorola Droid Bionic
  • A decent internet connection and reliable electricity :)
  • Some familiarity with basic Android operation and terminology. It would help if you’ve installed custom roms on other devices and are familiar with recovery. It may also be useful to know some basic command line concepts such as cd, which stands for “change directory”, the concept of directory hierarchies, and that in Linux they are separated by /, etc.

But then you read the rest of the instructions, and it is 100% Linux based.

Still, though, setting up a VM on my 1 TB SSD should not be a problem, and I wonder if it would be worth it....

• spainter likes this

#435 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

Cool.  In searching around for BIONIC files, though, look what I found:

Interesting to note the following conditions:

But then you read the rest of the instructions, and it is 100% Linux based.

Still, though, setting up a VM on my 1 TB SSD should not be a problem, and I wonder if it would be worth it....

Interesting, sure, but, how does one unlock a Bionic??

• johnlgalt, livinginkaos and spainter like this

#436 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

My thoughts exactly.  I was trying hard to figure that one out.  Makes me want ot compile it just to se if it actually will install.

• spainter likes this

#437 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:36 AM

I suppose it can't hurt.  Well, I mean, it could brick it potentially but at this point why not...

• johnlgalt likes this

#438 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

Hell, I already purposefully bricked my BIONIC once to prove a point to that asshat, what was his name, crobbsxx?

And I see no use for the phone, especially considering I have no working batteries for it....And with a partially damaged LCD (all along the top only, so actually still usable), why not?

Not to set up a build environment....

• SamuriHL and spainter like this

#439 Dahor3six

Dahor3six

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

this is what is in my moto folder

puedes compartir tu archivo fxz 4.4 plz

#440 Dahor3six

Dahor3six

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

Maybe, but probably not that step :-).  Here is where the FXZ is at:  C:\HouseOfMoto\IMAGES.

I downloaded my FXZ from

as I was not able to easily find the appropriate XT926 FXZ file via the motofirmware.com link.

link caidos !!! si lo puedes subir plz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users