12 replies to this topic

#1 huff324

huff324

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Well so I will start from the beginning. I was messing around on my phone, and looking at certain "things" that I should not have been looking at. Eventually I thought I had downloaded a viewing app. I noticed before I installed it, my Droid Razr M XT907 was asking for EXTREMELY WEIRD permissions, but, I ignored my gut feeling which could have saved me in the long run and hit install. It didn't even take a nano second afterward for my phone to completely lock the hell up. I cannot enter safe mode, I cannot power down, the only thing I can do is change the ringer volume. I can receive calls but not see who is calling, nor pick it up. It's just your plain ol' FAKE FBI VIRUS. Just to make sure we are clear, this thing is NOT a real FBI warning/punishment, and instead a normal punishment for doing something I was not supposed to be doing anyways.         So to list the bad things that happened without reading all the above just notice: It's a FBI virus, The only thing showing up on the screen is a warning from the "FBI" stating what I did wrong and moneypak donation, The only logo with any hint of who is doing this is "PRISM", Can't turn off phone, Can't get into safe mode, And basically no control of external buttons.   

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

If you have lost control of the external buttons, my suggestion would be plug in to PC via USB (save as much of your personal data as you can) then if perhaps you have USB debugging turned on you can try using command line to reboot to either recovery or fastboot.......

If that works then we can go from there...:)
  • rickw likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

BTW .... I slightly edited your post remove some potentially offensive subject :)
  • rickw likes this

jhf.png

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

Also.... Can you access your settings at all?

If so you should be able to clear the cache and data from said app and uninstall it.....

If not.... Chances are a full fxz is in order
  • rickw likes this

jhf.png

#5 huff324

huff324

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for replying so quickly! I can't acces ANYTHING at all D: and when I plug it into the computer nothing shows up, and I don't think usb debugging is on. -_-

#6 huff324

huff324

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

Listen I found it. After going to long way and doing what you said step by step (Nothing personal, I just have a hard time with instructions >_<) I held all 3 buttons at once and my phone FINALLY reset. After that it turned on, I entered safe mode, found the virus and deleted it. Thank god I can be a genius through sheer stupidity when my life depends on it. And thank you too for taking your time to help me (And potentially many others.).

• RikRong likes this

#7 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:19 AM

Listen I found it. After going to long way and doing what you said step by step (Nothing personal, I just have a hard time with instructions >_<) I held all 3 buttons at once and my phone FINALLY reset. After that it turned on, I entered safe mode, found the virus and deleted it. Thank god I can be a genius through sheer stupidity when my life depends on it. And thank you too for taking your time to help me (And potentially many others.).

...and now you know not to click on that link, no matter how good she looks. ;)

• johnthehillbilly, livinginkaos and xKroniK13x like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#8 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:32 AM

This is a bit more than it appeared.  I read a few articles about how this was being spread. Here is a bit of info and removal instructions.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• RikRong likes this

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

This is a bit more than it appeared. I read a few articles about how this was being spread. Here is a bit of info and removal instructions.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Some decent info there but.... Kinda seems like an advertisement for Malware Bytes and Hitman Pro to me .... Or maybe I'm just overly critical..... :/

jhf.png

#10 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

Some decent info there but.... Kinda seems like an advertisement for Malware Bytes and Hitman Pro to me .... Or maybe I'm just overly critical..... :/

The news article I read about it was that it was ads distributed via aol news server and hit several of the big news sites.  You didn't have to click on the ad, just load the page the ad was on.  They said that it had been happening since late December and it took a few days for aol to find and shut down the server.  Trying to find the original article right now.  I will post it or a link to it when I find it again.  It was yesterday when I read it.

#11 Shark666

Shark666

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSomewhere from Santa Fe to Death Valley ...
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

#12 Shark666

Shark666

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSomewhere from Santa Fe to Death Valley ...
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

To the FBI warning post.... Now keep in mind do to tech. diff. I did not get to read all the post's. From the looks of it seems like your pphone has been taken hostage for ransome money and it isn't from the FBI. They are posing as them.

#13 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:01 AM

Exactly. I couldn';t find the original article I had read but ransomware is all over the news. Most major pc and android pubs have instructions on removal now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: virus, trojan, android, fbi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users