• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

I just put a clean install on mothers XT926 - the speaker volume just does not seem as loud (to her)  go figure..  I do not recall If there was a setting to change using SQLite Editor or not..  I tried to do a search to no avail - any info or point to the correct thread would be appreciated..   Thanks  -  Glass

#2 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

I just put a clean install on mothers XT926 - the speaker volume just does not seem as loud (to her) go figure.. I do not recall If there was a setting to change using SQLite Editor or not.. I tried to do a search to no avail - any info or point to the correct thread would be appreciated.. Thanks - Glass

Grab Android Assistant from the play store. Under tools/volume you'll find a slider for all volumes, including system volume which is probably set at 70%. Adjust as needed. I set mine to 100%, then use the normal volume settings for ringtone, media etc.

Taped from my 2013 Moto X Dev Edition

• Mr-Glass likes this

#3 Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

Grab Android Assistant from the play store. Under tools/volume you'll find a slider for all volumes, including system volume which is probably set at 70%. Adjust as needed. I set mine to 100%, then use the normal volume settings for ringtone, media etc.

Taped from my 2013 Moto X Dev Edition

Thanks for the info - will give it a shot tomorrow!!

#4 Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

Android assistant did not seem to make any difference - so I just ended up amplifying the .ogg files of her ringtone and notification tone in Audacity..  crude but effective....  

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:32 AM

You can actually use sqlite to edit the database and increase volume(s) if of course the device is rooted.....you also have to be careful as you can really botch the device, resulting in needing to FXZ back to stock....... seems like youve solved the problem but, If you want to give it a shot, I will point you to the right databases and lines to edit...:):)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#6 Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

You can actually use sqlite to edit the database and increase volume(s) if of course the device is rooted.....you also have to be careful as you can really botch the device, resulting in needing to FXZ back to stock....... seems like youve solved the problem but, If you want to give it a shot, I will point you to the right databases and lines to edit... :) :)

Thanks!  I am curious as I did do some minor adjustments in the database for alerts - ringtone - notifications, but I did not want to change too much.. The phone is rooted and has the bootloader unlocked - I have backups ---  she is a "senior citizen" so volume was important.. lol  Since her notification sound was in system/media/audio - root was a must have to get to the stock notification sounds for change..   Thanks!!

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

I use sqlite editor (by speed software ) its $2.99 in the play store ...... Others may work as well and the UI may be different but the databases will be the same...:):)

Open sqlite editor and navigate to Settings Storage

Follow these pics and you will find the volume adjustments.... :):)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

72.94KB   11 downloads

40.79KB   11 downloads

58.83KB   11 downloads

84.38KB   11 downloads

• Mr-Glass likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users