Photo

[ROM][5.0.2][AOSP] AOD-CuStOm (Updated 04-13-15)

5.0.2 AOSP New xt926 xt925 xt907 Layers

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

Another observation that I don't recall seeing on the stock ROM... If I launch an app and it needs root access, no problem the SuperSU prompt comes up and I can grant it.  But if an app is launched by another app, the app being launched can hang.  Example, if I'm in ES File Explorer (already granted root access) and want to open a system file for view with the Hex Editor app, the hex app will need to be granted root access before it can use the file.  The SuperSU prompt will eventually show up but then when returning to the hex editor it will hang there.  Finally the "not responding" prompt will come up allowing me to kill it.  If back in the file explorer I try to open the file again in the hex editor it will work fine because the hex app is still in the SuperSU 15 minute "allowed" window.  If instead I open the hex editor directly, then browse to the file I want to open and do so somewhere along the line I will get the SuperSU prompt but the app won't hang up.  I've seen this in other combinations as well but the ES FileEx -> Hex Editor is one I do often.  Seems to be something with opening an app while passing a file to open that requires root rights, and the implementation of SuperSU into the ROM.  Anyone have any thoughts on this or seen similar?

#142 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

(Yet) another observation... Frequently when connected to WiFi I see the WiFi icon with an exclamation point on it.  I've got no idea why this is and haven't found any indication of problems.  Even confirmed that applications I have blocked in AFWall+ for all access EXCEPT WiFi work fine, so this doesn't appear to be the "might need to accept WiFi terms" indication like you may see when you link to some public hotspot.  Could this the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

"bug"?

And I'm not putting these in here expecting them to be fixed, as it's my understanding NoBe has simply built this off the available AOSP (do I have that right? I'm open to being corrected so I know better...) with tweaks he felt were important to include.  More so that others can read up on what to expect from it and be aware of possible oddities.  If there is a suggestion of where I might take requests that I feel are "bug report" worthy please advise. (Or if I'm making too much noise in the thread...)  Similarly I would like to submit a feature request and would want to know the proper place to do so.  This ROM already has the ability to show a battery percentage similar to what NoBe had

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but unfortunately lacks the expanded reboot options.  Would be really nice to have those available!

Through it all though, still a worthy upgrade from the last stock ROM!

#143 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:22 AM

So still running this, but up against a curious error.  The Layers Manager that is included now has an update available in the Play store.  Successful download but on attempt to install an "Unknown error code during application install: "-505"" comes up.  Thoughts?  Anyone else on this ROM getting the same?

#144 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:29 AM

Yeah... use root explore and find the apk in system apps and delete then reboot.. Then install new version from playstore

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#145 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

Huh. OK will try that, thanks NoBe!  Curious tho why it fails for this app but when other apps that are a part of the system get updated there isn't an issue.  My understanding is that system app updates get installed in a different area than where the original system components reside, and the update location (path) gets priority over anything in the system area.  Wonder why this one fails in that process?  I'm guessing it is something possibly more with Android as a whole or the way this app is in the system area, not so much the app itself... but don't know for sure.

#146 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:52 AM

No... This apk wasnt intended to be a system app like the ones that you are use to. Hense the update fail code...

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#147 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

Learned something new.  I had made the assumption that anything that was installed in the system side was all treated the same.  Didn't realize the apps (or maybe just the apk archive?) apparently must meet some specific design in order to reside there and be updatable.  Thanks for the answers!

Edit:

Wound out being something more involved apparently.  Removed the entire Layers folder from /system/app, still wouldn't update.  Renamed the contents for the Layers app folder in /data/data/app (I think?), still no go.  Moved that same folder over to my SD card to get it out of the way, fail again.  Finally I figured what the heck and did an uninstall via Play store, then followed by an install.  Tada!  The current version is now installed.

Weird.

#148 daritash

daritash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:36 AM

hi friend

file not found .could you pleas put another link?

thanks

#149 PogoTheMonkey

PogoTheMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID MAXX Developer Edition

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

This my Friends is a sign of a change.
To those that have the ability to change
Will reap the benefits from this change.
This is Basically Out Of the Box AOSP.
Nothing Blissfull or Dirty about this.
Just Simply Simple
With the Basic features to get you though the day.

can you plz re upload somewhere plz i need to get my old backup phone working. thx if u can

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.0.2, AOSP, New, xt926, xt925, xt907, Layers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users