Photo

[ROM][5.0.2][AOSP] AOD-CuStOm (Updated 04-13-15)

5.0.2 AOSP New xt926 xt925 xt907 Layers

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#121 Skyler

Skyler

Droidberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

49.67KB   45 downloads
  • nobe1976, Warrior732MN, xKroniK13x and 3 others like this

#122 dvgb131

dvgb131

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Twitter:dvgb173
  • LocationAlbany
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

Any chance for a 5.1 version?

Doug B.

Doug B.

#123 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

Small update and a bump to the top... I overhauled my end of the source and worked in some neat stuff... Default AOSP theme is back but can be altered with Layers app. Stay tune for the rest.

Still 5.0.2... Been a bit busy.

Attached Files

• dvgb131, spainter, Joseberga and 3 others like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#124 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

Thanks nobe, gonna have ta wait on yer 5.1 version. Cs cm nodded 12.1 ROM has given my HD a real kick in the rear end. Yours and Bliss were my go to. Now I can't wait for y'all to kick it up ta 5.1. The difference is night and day. Y'all take your time. I know 5.1 AOD will thrash like a mofo.
TEXAS state of mind

#125 xubeiga

xubeiga

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:24 PM

hey guys. i gotta ask:

does the new version of lolipop(5.1?) fix the Ram problem? i just didnt stay on this amazing Rom cause i play a lot in my phone and the games were running very very bad...

#126 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:13 AM

Personally, I don't think you'll see much improvement when it comes to games. They made quite a few changes but the memory leak is still there.

Over all the roms out there are getting better as most have said above.
  • xubeiga likes this

#127 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

OP Updated......

Now remember This is still 5.0.2

Suggested Gapps have been updated so one will have the 

latest that Google Play has to offer....

Go Get It 

• Joseberga, ncsuwolfs and xubeiga like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#128 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

Minor Update to latest version that was brought to attention.

Basically Bug fixes

Current Users Dirty flashing is Approved

New Users.. Wipe That A$$ before flashing.

Thanks for Playing..

• Joseberga and xubeiga like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#129 xubeiga

xubeiga

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

dude, i love this rom
fast smooth and very stable for daily driver.
can't wait for 5.1 versions. keep up this awesome work! :D

Ijust gotta ask. How do i make the ambiente display work?
I activate it bit it doesnt work. Or maybe i havê the wrong idea of it

#130 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

dude, i love this rom
fast smooth and very stable for daily driver.
can't wait for 5.1 versions. keep up this awesome work! :D

Ijust gotta ask. How do i make the ambiente display work?
I activate it bit it doesnt work. Or maybe i havê the wrong idea of it

Ambient display works AFAIK. I have tested it just recently because it dont work right on my other device. What it does is kinda like Active display. When you get a notification while the screen is locked. It will show the lockscreen notification briefly so you dont have to do anything to see if it is a important message. You may need to tinker with the prority notifications a bit so that you get the ones that you want and once that you dont need to view. One has got to remember that this is still a lot of AOSP so there are settings that the user will have to make to get things to function. Thanks
  • xubeiga likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#131 xubeiga

xubeiga

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Ambient display works AFAIK. I have tested it just recently because it dont work right on my other device. What it does is kinda like Active display. When you get a notification while the screen is locked. It will show the lockscreen notification briefly so you dont have to do anything to see if it is a important message. You may need to tinker with the prority notifications a bit so that you get the ones that you want and once that you dont need to view. One has got to remember that this is still a lot of AOSP so there are settings that the user will have to make to get things to function. Thanks

oh, i understand now.

so it is supposed to show the lockscreen ONLY when you got notifications, right?

and i want to report a bug also:

- when i receive a whatsapp message with the phone locked, and the pop up window apears, i start texting to answer and SOMETIMES the screen gets very crazy.

the pop up starts to blink in and out together with the lockscreen with the numbers to unblock the phone...

not that i think it is a BIG BUG, i don't even care about it, i just press close on the whattsapp pop up and then unlock phone and send the message. but just to let you know :D

when i see any bugs i will post here so we can make this rom better and better

but i really gotta say. i'm very pleased with this Rom. i don't see me flashing another one for a while xD

i just put a theme with Layers that made it even more beautiful haha

thanks for your answer Nobe.

#132 xubeiga

xubeiga

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

OK, I GOT A WEIRD ISSUE!

idk if it was something that i did that messed up something, but i realize today that i had a problem with the safe headset volume warning!

everytime that i tried to get above of the 80% limit volume, which should pop up the warning, but what really happened instead was: INTERF SIST STOPPED.

what i did to fix it was download a module with Xposed to make the warning doesnt show, then install and reboot.

result: the bug disappeared. so it really was with the warning. i just dont know if it was me who did $#!+ :p

edit1:

another thing i realized: the battery seems buggy. for example: sometimes it goes to 95%, and then i block phone, and when i wake it, it is on 98%...

#133 bfx

bfx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

another thing i realized: the battery seems buggy. for example: sometimes it goes to 95%, and then i block phone, and when i wake it, it is on 98%...

i notice this too on my Droid Razr HD

#134 Cks69

Cks69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

Is GSM working on this rom?

Thanks.

#135 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

Is GSM working on this rom?

Thanks.

AFAIK yes... The only thing that it doesnt have is Voice over LTE..

new_animated_sig.gif

#136 dvgb131

dvgb131

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Twitter:dvgb173
  • LocationAlbany
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

Nobe1976,
Are you still planning 5.1 version of this rom?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• obedfelix11 likes this
Doug B.

#137 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:32 AM

Was going to subscribe to the thread to make sure I was on for updates, but figured I'd do so by chiming in and saying I've tested this (04-13-15 build) out with light usage as well.  Liked some of the features I found in the settings that either weren't in the OTA KK .15 ROM or otherwise just needed to be enabled in the ROM.  LED control is a favorite, especially once I noticed that by default when I docked with this ROM that the LED would shine green for "fully charged".  Not necessarily something you want if you dock your phone nightly as your bedside clock... but no problem, I could turn that off!  Hell, maybe that's old hat for some of you guys that flash frequently but it was a nice find for me.  My first experience with LP and so far quite positive.  Seemed to take care of the

I've had on stock, probably because no VZW code would be my guess.

Before I can use it as my daily ROM though I need to plan out how I'll move apps/settings from one to another.  Am a paid user of TiBu but still need to do more exploring with that and haven't checked for advice on moving between diff ROMs.  I'm comfortable with playing around right in the filesystem too.  In the meantime if anyone has some recommended reading for moving data between ROMs (maybe one of the readers has already done a write up from their own experiences?) I'd happily accept link recommendations.  But don't derail the thread discussion, keep it on point for the ROM.  Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to do some deep searching around the web, here and XDA for some guides.

#138 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

Was going to subscribe to the thread to make sure I was on for updates, but figured I'd do so by chiming in and saying I've tested this (04-13-15 build) out with light usage as well. Liked some of the features I found in the settings that either weren't in the OTA KK .15 ROM or otherwise just needed to be enabled in the ROM. LED control is a favorite, especially once I noticed that by default when I docked with this ROM that the LED would shine green for "fully charged". Not necessarily something you want if you dock your phone nightly as your bedside clock... but no problem, I could turn that off! Hell, maybe that's old hat for some of you guys that flash frequently but it was a nice find for me. My first experience with LP and so far quite positive. Seemed to take care of the

I've had on stock, probably because no VZW code would be my guess.

Before I can use it as my daily ROM though I need to plan out how I'll move apps/settings from one to another. Am a paid user of TiBu but still need to do more exploring with that and haven't checked for advice on moving between diff ROMs. I'm comfortable with playing around right in the filesystem too. In the meantime if anyone has some recommended reading for moving data between ROMs (maybe one of the readers has already done a write up from their own experiences?) I'd happily accept link recommendations. But don't derail the thread discussion, keep it on point for the ROM. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to do some deep searching around the web, here and XDA for some guides.

It is perfectly safe to restore User app and app data with this Rom. I too use TIBU and restore my app backup that I had and used on stock .15. The only request is after restore is complete boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvic cache so that the data optimizes correctly with LP.

Sent from my VS980 4G

• Pow_2k likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#139 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

It is perfectly safe to restore User app and app data with this Rom. I too use TIBU and restore my app backup that I had and used on stock .15. The only request is after restore is complete boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvic cache so that the data optimizes correctly with LP.

Sounds like a plan!  And if all else fails I can restore a nandroid and try again.

#140 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

A few observations...

I've seen the same blue flashes that have been reported in the stock rom when watching videos, but for me it actually occurred at the home screen. I am using the live wallpaper "microbes". It makes me suspect that whatever the bug is it has something to do with a certain color in a certain X/Y coordinate that triggers it. For the most part the majority of the microbes wallpaper is static but the randomness of the cells will cause them to eventually move across all areas of the screen. Dunno if this helps anyone that would know what to do with it.

I may need to confirm this, but if memory serves when I had the phone plugged into a laptop and selected to power down the phone, it would instead reboot. Don't recall ever seeing this before with the .15 stock rom. Any chance this is something in this build?

Further confirmation that this rom resolves issues I was having with .15 stock and sending/receiving mms while on WiFi.

Thanks for compiling it NoBe! Hope you still find some time for 5.1.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.0.2, AOSP, New, xt926, xt925, xt907, Layers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users