475 replies to this topic

#461 ferrari1rider

ferrari1rider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Just in case someone doesn't know what Fastboot mode is: Turn off phone with usb debugging on, and enter Recovery by holding volume up and down and Power button. Then press volume down until AP Fastboot mode and press Volume up to select. Then plug in usb cable without Rebooting. Then you can boot into JB kernel or ICS kernel.

Following the above steps shows in the utility that I installed the Kernel successfully. The funny thing is that when I booted into ICS .215 from ICS .211, it still shows that I am in ICS .211 in About Device. Is this how it is supposed to work since the Kernel is the thing changing or did I do something wrong again? By the way I set in Safestrap Boot Options to Activate Rom Slot 1 while I was booting into ICS .215. Maybe I need to Activate Stock Slot instead?

#462 butknik

butknik

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

i dont know if anyone is aware of this but for those who have the new 98.72.16 update and having problems with safe strap not booting roms u can use this utility to flash the 98.72.8 boot file and load jb roms it will load the 98.72.16 system but gives crytograch validation error. trying to find a workaround for this. but until them just flash the 98.72.16 boot file back snd ur good to go to use stock again. hope this helps ppl. and matt feel free to make a seperate pose about this if u would like.

#463 butknik

butknik

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

sorry not matt , my bad i meant

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#464 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

i dont know if anyone is aware of this but for those who have the new 98.72.16 update and having problems with safe strap not booting roms u can use this utility to flash the 98.72.8 boot file and load jb roms it will load the 98.72.16 system but gives crytograch validation error. trying to find a workaround for this. but until them just flash the 98.72.16 boot file back snd ur good to go to use stock again. hope this helps ppl. and matt feel free to make a seperate pose about this if u would like.

The reason people are getting the "cryptographic" errors is because they are trying to flash ROMs that are based off the 98.72.16 update, when they have a 98.72.8 build in their stock slot. Easy fix, install the OTA update on your stock side. All ROMs are being updated to work with the OTA anyway.

#465 butknik

butknik

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

i have .16 in stock. thats what gives errors when using .8 boot.

#466 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

i have .16 in stock. thats what gives errors when using .8 boot.

You're not understanding. If you're flashing a ROM that's based off the .16 OTA, then you have to have the .16 kernel. Same for the .8 leak.

#467 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hey
I am using the 3.0.8 kernel which you had earlier in the duo boot
At this time I'm using the triple core rom with that.
What do I have to do to update my dual boot mode to the latest ota jb kernel as it looks all the jb rims have been updated to be on the latest ota.

Thanks

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

#468 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

You can use

. It works pretty much the same as the utility in this thread. Flash the OTA kernel and you should be good to go.
  • lord dredd likes this

#469 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

This has been doing both JB kernels for some time now. It's written in the OP.

X

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • Sinju33 likes this

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#470 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Something went wrong with this post.  Ignore please.  :)

#471 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well, that's what I had originally thought but I took a quick look at the OP before I posted just to make sure and didn't see it listed.  Like I said, I took a QUICK look.   :)  I failed to scroll down to look at the change logs.  I saw this right away and just assumed I guess. 

The utility does (5) things:

• Root your ICS .211 Release (in order to install SS)
  • Install SafeStrap 3.11 (while under ICS)
  • Boot the JB OTA Leak Kernel.
  • Boot the ICS .211 Kernel.
  • Boot the ICS .215 Kernel.

Sorry about that Xlightwaverx.  I should have looked further I guess.  Perhaps it should be added to the part I quoted.  I'm usually one to read everything and I didn't in this case because of that.  My guess is I'm not the only one.  

#472 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

I know this is for the RAZR..worked excellent for me, but here's my question: could a similar script/patch be created for the Bionic? Since the OTA is out..and we don't have a root exploit for JB (other than protect), this would be an awesome addition and/or workaround.

#473 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

I know this is for the RAZR..worked excellent for me, but here's my question: could a similar script/patch be created for the Bionic? Since the OTA is out..and we don't have a root exploit for JB (other than protect), this would be an awesome addition and/or workaround.

I believe the short answer is yes Jayrod. Basically these are the boot.img files for the appropriate "kernel". So in my mind it seems completely possible for this to work on the Bio

#474 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Of course it can. Gtalk me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • Sinju33 likes this

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#475 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hey
Ok so I am on dual boot with leak kernel on jellybean ans using the leak based triple core rom.
On the ICS part I am on 211

Ok so the thing is I am going to sell my razr now so want to install the latest jb on it without root or anything as the new user would like to get ota on it.

Its been a while since I did anything on my own with the razr so you can count me as a noob when it comes to all things moto.

I am a bit more at ease with odin and Sammy stuff :-P.

Please help me out and tell. Me what should I do.

Thanks

#476 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

Hey
Ok so I am on dual boot with leak kernel on jellybean ans using the leak based triple core rom.
On the ICS part I am on 211

Ok so the thing is I am going to sell my razr now so want to install the latest jb on it without root or anything as the new user would like to get ota on it.

Its been a while since I did anything on my own with the razr so you can count me as a noob when it comes to all things moto.

I am a bit more at ease with odin and Sammy stuff :-P.

Please help me out and tell. Me what should I do.

Thanks

What I did when I wanted to do the same was to boot back to ICS, change back to Stock ROM and then use Matts latest all in one JB utility located here:

Then boot the phone up, do not set up any account like Google, then go into Privacy settings and in there you can do a Factory Data Reset (redundant basically as that is what the utility will do) AND select the checkbox for doing a Internal wipe. Thats should get you what you want.

One other thing to consider, you may want to keep it and sell it with ICS and let the buyer make the choice of updating. If you decide that, then use Matts 1.82 utility, and do the FDR and Internal wipe.

• Sinju33 and lord dredd like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users