Photo

Having Problems With Your DROID Razr or RAZR Maxx After Jelly Bean Upgrade? Verizon May Replace It for Free

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Everything works beautifully with the exception of my laptop. As soon as I connect a laptop, phone reboots. I may have removed too many Verizon bloatware apps.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX via T2

Connect a laptop how? WiFi hotspot? I just connected mine to be sure it worked and it does. I have to say my phone has worked perfectly since the update which I manually installed after using Matts 1.82 utility to get back to fresh .211... I did loose root but was able to get it back using Matt's other utility. Phone works better than ever... fast and smooth. I've been on this since Christmas Eve and everything works as if the update was the final release from Moto/Verizon.

#22 DHA123

DHA123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

I think he means via USB for motocast, mine does the same,

#23 withmenilu

withmenilu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

My Wifi is down, phone detects wifi network but will not connect, furthermore phone calls get answered by the loudspeaker... Bugs I guess, So anyone managed to get a replacement so far?

#24 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

I guess this means its going to be awhile before we get the final build. I wish moto would give us an estimate when.

#25 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I'am having bad data issues, and my keyboard force closes. Had to download JB keyboard from market. I'd love an early upgrade!

Edit: nvm lose unlimited data

I say early upgrade and keep unlimited see what you can do I am already trying, because I got the update, it works flawlessly, I love jb, but if I can convince them I hate it and it's there fault and they need to fix it, and give me the note 2, then why not?
  • randomcold and wabmorgan like this

#26 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

I say early upgrade and keep unlimited see what you can do I am already trying, because I got the update, it works flawlessly, I love jb, but if I can convince them I hate it and it's there fault and they need to fix it, and give me the note 2, then why not?

Hey maybe i'll be lucky again just like I got a maxx 7 months after I had the og razr. Also that note 2 is niceeee.

#27 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

well I have 2 razrs, that are both daily drivers for my wife and I, and we would both like new phones

#28 vwtohonda

vwtohonda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Any idea how they are sending this out? I would love to get the JB upgrade

#29 bobbyp

bobbyp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

I have looked at a few threads in a few forums but I have yet to see if anyone actually got a new phone or upgrade. My phone is working fine Google Now doesn't quite seem right and my wifi signal is not as strong. My Razr is nearly mint so to go to the store and deal with the hassle and not walk out with the Razr HD seems silly to me.

#30 papabliss2007

papabliss2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Any idea how they are sending this out? I would love to get the JB upgrade

uuummmm ... have you read any other threads on this site? One of those will answer your question.

#31 theBonVoyage

theBonVoyage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

This is awesome news! I have done everything I could think of to get wifi connectivity back to no avail. I'll be on my way to the vzw store today.

#32 calipup

calipup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

So i was thinking of heading out to the verizon store but i need to sanitize my phone first. I lost root after the JB upgrade but still have the superuser icon. Is there a way to just remove that icon? since its a system file i cant delete the file. Can i flash back to 211 or 214? or am i SOL till the rootkit for JB razr comes out?

#33 Krazr

Krazr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm having issues with the following:

- Wifi (I can't connect to my home network)
- The farthest right homescreen has a thin white bar along the right side of the screen

Can I try re-installing the JB update?

#34 theBonVoyage

theBonVoyage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

So i was thinking of heading out to the verizon store but i need to sanitize my phone first. I lost root after the JB upgrade but still have the superuser icon. Is there a way to just remove that icon? since its a system file i cant delete the file. Can i flash back to 211 or 214? or am i SOL till the rootkit for JB razr comes out?

You can't flash back to .211 or .214 or any other build for that matter. You should be able to just uninstall superuser (it's just an app like all the others) - use your file explorer to format internal storage (after you save what you want) - and you're good. Or you could just factory data reset and format the internal storage and voila. As long as you remove the surface evidence of root they won't say anything - take it from experience.

#35 abrasher

abrasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:@INKMD
  • LocationAthens, Ga - USA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Confirmed success on replacing phone.

I have unlimited data plan and was in the same boat as others, where I can't upgrade my phone unless I either pay FULL RETAIL or give up UNLIMITED DATA. After speaking with Verizon, then Motorola, then Verizon again... They agreed to send me a WARENTY phone, even though my phone has NO WARENTY... due to the fact that I bought it on Craigslist, and assured me that they were getting everything set up to ensure no change to plan, contract, pricing, etc... As long as my phone is not rooted ;)

So, happy days... I will be getting a new razor maxx (perhaps with less backened marks on the display) in 3 days, with a rootable ICS.

THE TRICK HERE IS STAMD YOUR GROUND WHILE BEING RESPECTFUL TO EVERY PERSON YOU GET TRANSFEREE TO.

I knew this would take some doing, and I figured they would either find a way to revert me back or replace the phone... And they did! The funny thing is, I saw this post yesterday after being on the phone with them for hours yesterday. Surprisingly, it does not seems as though they were able to track the IEM of those who downloaded. I was sure they would have tracked his nfo, but tried anyway. In the end... They were unable to track if I upgraded via software push, or SD CARD ;)

#36 calipup

calipup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

You can't flash back to .211 or .214 or any other build for that matter. You should be able to just uninstall superuser (it's just an app like all the others) - use your file explorer to format internal storage (after you save what you want) - and you're good. Or you could just factory data reset and format the internal storage and voila. As long as you remove the surface evidence of root they won't say anything - take it from experience.

So if i'm correct while the phone is connected as mass usb. right click on the drive that shows up as internal SD and format fat 32? Thats it? then reboot and do fresh install?

#37 bobbyp

bobbyp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

I have looked at a few threads in a few forums but I have yet to see if anyone actually got a new phone or upgrade. My phone is working fine Google Now doesn't quite seem right and my wifi signal is not as strong. My Razr is nearly mint so to go to the store and deal with the hassle and not walk out with the Razr HD seems silly to me.

So I just got off the phone and they are sending me another Razr. Technical support ran through the steps of wiping cache and remoting into my phone. My signal was dropping in and out the whole time and he kept losing connection with my phone. Now in three days I will have a new Razr and can figure out if I want to roll back to ICS and send back my old phone or just keep JB on my old one. It almost makes me wish that I had scratches and scrapes and didn't keep it in an Otterbox all day.

Just FYI after resetting my SIM card the phone seems to be holding data much better.

#38 calipup

calipup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

So if i'm correct while the phone is connected as mass usb. right click on the drive that shows up as internal SD and format fat 32? Thats it? then reboot and do fresh install?

The internal sd card is formatted but Superuser sticks around. And trying to remove it shows just app info no uninstall option. Is there a way to force remove the other 8gb partition and have it reinstall all Binaries and folders cleanly?

#39 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Everything is sweet on the upgrade with me and I have my root... I'm staying put and watching what continues to develop on the ROM front. :)

#40 - JPB

- JPB

DG Mooter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationNear S.J., CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Ummmm, because what you are proposing to do is inherently dishonest perhaps? No offense intended, and I'm not saying this to start an ethics debate, but you did ask the question...
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users