saiarkar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationYangon
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

Help me to root and unlock bootloader for  XT926 183.46.15 KK latest version. As far as I know, XT926 can root on lower version and now I'm in latest version. Anyone have idea to root in latest version or possible to downgrade ? Help me please and reply me as soon as possible !! Thanks in advance ! 

• NeeK likes this

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but; unlock and root are not achievable on that version as of now.... And being locked, you CANNOT downgrade to an earlier version .... Sorry
  • RikRong likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 karlsdroids

karlsdroids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M, XT894, A956

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

I was in the same spot- I ended up selling the phone and buying an unlocked one with root. It is a crappy spot to be in.
  • RikRong likes this

#4 redwoodie

redwoodie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX HD XT926

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

How about root/unlock for XT926 on 4.4.2   182.46.15?

Saw here it is claimed  that Towelroot v.3 could do it:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Razr Maxx HD is listed as one of the phones that it will root? 

In  case  it doesn't work, is it likely to brick the phone?

Thanks

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

As far as we know right now..... There is no root for that version..... You can try, but I would make sure you have the House of Moto

here on hand and set up just in case something bad happens there is one person that has said they were able to get root using this tool.....

I can't say if it actually works or not because I'm unlocked.... So if you are willing to test it please do.... Then please report back here...

jhf.png

#6 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,457 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

As far as we know right now..... There is no root for that version..... You can try, but I would make sure you have the House of Moto

here on hand and set up just in case something bad happens there is one person that has said they were able to get root using this tool.....

I can't say if it actually works or not because I'm unlocked.... So if you are willing to test it please do.... Then please report back here...

You could test it while being unlocked, but, you're lazy.  :p  Flash system from the FXZ and then try the new root exploit.  I no longer have an HD so I can't test it but it'd be good to know if it works.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

So, I tried the one that I linked to...... From a fresh fxz (100% stock) .... Not one of the four tools included worked..... Not saying that they absolutely wont work for your device(s), your milage MAY vary..... But I seriously wouldn't hold my breath......

There is little to no risk of bricking if they fail so it's pretty safe to try them to your hearts content...:)
  • kellym likes this

jhf.png

#8 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

I tried running the included script.... I tried running the commands in the script manually...... I tried manually installing the .apk based exploits.... No joy......

jhf.png

#9 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,457 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

Can't say I'm shocked.  Still, it's worth trying new root exploits for other devices as you never know.

#10 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Can't say I'm shocked. Still, it's worth trying new root exploits for other devices as you never know.

Exactly.... I didn't figure it would work but what the hell right..... I'm just sitting here doing............ Well, nothing anyway :):)
  • SamuriHL and kellym like this

jhf.png

#11 vakharia

vakharia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

I tried to use towelroot today on my dad's XT926. It did not work. He is on 4.4.2 (last OTA).

The device was boot loader unlocked.

I was trying to upgrade my TWRP before I could install CM12 using the app called Flashify. For that I need to root. But currently I cannot do that, since towelroot does not work.

Now, I have to use the computer to connect and use adb fastboot command to flash the new TWRP img file.

Sad. :(

#12 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

There is an option inside TWRP to restore root. No need for root exploits with an unlocked BL

• kellym and RikRong like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#13 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

I tried to use towelroot today on my dad's XT926. It did not work. He is on 4.4.2 (last OTA).

The device was boot loader unlocked.

I was trying to upgrade my TWRP before I could install CM12 using the app called Flashify. For that I need to root. But currently I cannot do that, since towelroot does not work.

Now, I have to use the computer to connect and use adb fastboot command to flash the new TWRP img file.

Sad. :(

In all honesty, if you are into modding mobile devices, you should know the basic functions of fastboot. FB comes in handy for a lot of situations, like this one.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• johnthehillbilly, kellym and spainter like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#14 vakharia

vakharia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

In all honesty, if you are into modding mobile devices, you should know the basic functions of fastboot. FB comes in handy for a lot of situations, like this one.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Well, I was trying to avoid using the computer for this work - it was too slow to boot up - that was another problem I was trying to fix over the weekend.

So, without rooting, I then got some platform-tools package and used adb from there. I cannot remember now what I did but finally managed to see the device using 'adb devices' command. (maybe I had to boot device in the BP Tools mode first).

After installing TWRP, it prompted me to root. That process completed successfully, but there was no root.

Then I downloaded latest SuperSU and tried to flash that file via TWRP. That process completed, but I still did not have root when checked with Root checker.

Then after searching around I came across saferoot for Samsung devices. 

I ran the file from my computer and it said something like "kernel is already patched" or device not supported. Basically it indicated a failure.

I ran Rootchecker again - and guess what - I had root. :) So that Samsung saferoot does work.

Then I went ahead and flashed Blisspop ( a few times, since I got stuck at the boot animation). Had to wipe stuff many times and not flash the gapps initially.

Now, all is well. :)

I think there is no 'root' on the phone still and I have not tried to install SuperSU from TWRP this time (after installing Blisspop). It somehow did not work in the previous instance. Will try it the next time I have access to the device.

#15 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:11 PM

I find it odd that rooting via TWRP did NOT work....

Typically custom ROMs have supersu (and its required binaries) already installed and ready to "rock and roll" so-to-speak, so trying to root a custom ROM is kinda pointless [usually] ....
  • spainter likes this

jhf.png

#16 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

Well, I was trying to avoid using the computer for this work - it was too slow to boot up - that was another problem I was trying to fix over the weekend.

So, without rooting, I then got some platform-tools package and used adb from there. I cannot remember now what I did but finally managed to see the device using 'adb devices' command. (maybe I had to boot device in the BP Tools mode first).

After installing TWRP, it prompted me to root. That process completed successfully, but there was no root.

Then I downloaded latest SuperSU and tried to flash that file via TWRP. That process completed, but I still did not have root when checked with Root checker.

Then after searching around I came across saferoot for Samsung devices. 

I ran the file from my computer and it said something like "kernel is already patched" or device not supported. Basically it indicated a failure.

I ran Rootchecker again - and guess what - I had root. :) So that Samsung saferoot does work.

Then I went ahead and flashed Blisspop ( a few times, since I got stuck at the boot animation). Had to wipe stuff many times and not flash the gapps initially.

Now, all is well. :)

I think there is no 'root' on the phone still and I have not tried to install SuperSU from TWRP this time (after installing Blisspop). It somehow did not work in the previous instance. Will try it the next time I have access to the device.

just try installing Su from the play store like any other app,  If TWRP laid the ground work and you had a positive result with root checker then when you install SU as a normal app and open it, it should ask you if you want to upgrade the binaries.  You can always get the SU zip file and flash it in TWRP as well.

• RikRong likes this

#17 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

I find it odd that rooting via TWRP did NOT work....

Typically custom ROMs have supersu (and its required binaries) already installed and ready to "rock and roll" so-to-speak, so trying to root a custom ROM is kinda pointless [usually] ....

Semi ninjaed Pun intended :)

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#18 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

Hey guys, I just stumbled on this today over at XDA.  A root exploit for the XT907 on .15, in the thread (

) there is mention that there is now a separate version for the XT926.  Still reading the thread but did anyone look into this yet?

Side note, from the point I'm at in the thread now there are multiple warnings to NOT ATTEMPT ANY BOOTLOADER UNLOCKS IF ROOT SUCCEEDS!  Apparently for the XT907 they're trying to work something out but using Motopocalypse has caused at least one brick already.

Ok, XT926 download and directions first mentioned here at the bottom of page 8:

Note there may be more up-to-date info later in the thread... still reading.

But wow... if current ROM locked devices can get root again... just, wow.

• monchogt likes this

#19 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,457 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

It was first discussed a couple weeks ago but it does apparently work for some.  Not everyone has had success with it, however.

#20 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Bummer.  I hadn't been able to find anything here on droidrzr about it, got a link?  Still reading the XDA thread... as I recall the XT907 and XT926 do use pretty similar firmware right?  If that's correct then I wouldn't find it surprising that they have been to expand to the XT926 after getting the XT907 rooted.  If it works for some that's at least progress tho... maybe just needs more time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users