#1 whitemare0

whitemare0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

I just got my razr maxx HD and im new to the rooting process. my friend rooted his and he had a lot of problems with different ROMs so im being cautious

first question, i noticed a lot of stuff regarding the razr and razr hd or the razr maxx but nothing for the razr maxx hd. which one should i be looking at?

next where can i find my ics build? i see 4.0.4 and build 7.7.1Q is there any that support 7.7.1Q? ive only seen 6.14

the primary reason i am trying to root is because i am trying to reverse tether off my computers internet because of my location. is there a better solution out there?

im not that big on the whole crazy custom stuff, which custom ROM would be best to keep it close to the original motorola build or is there one that is simple that you suggest?

thank you

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Rooting by itself should give you no issues at all.... its what you do or try to do once rooted..... :) anyway... the RAZR HD and the RAZR MAXX HD are in fact the same phone, the MAXX provides better battery life :) .... if I am not mistaken the phone supports ad-hoc connections so root should not be required for "reverse tethering" (which IMO is not really practical anyway)....... and to find all the info regarding the phone it will be under menu/settings/about phone

sent from my JB RAZR tapadriving

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Moving this to the Razr HD "General" area. This thread pertains to the HD, not traditional Razr. Thanks guys

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 bertiljn

bertiljn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Google+:plus.google.com/u/0/113427987005994883654/posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD XT926

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

If You want to reverse tethering with the phone via cabel, you have to root it and install a reverse tethering app.
Another opsion is to do it wireless, by installing av virtual router on your computer.
Earlier I had a HTC Incredible S, and on that phone the reverse tethering was originally installed on the phone. Every time I plugged it into a USB cable i got the choices how to use the phone; hard disk, connect to Internet (reverse tethering), charging ore hotspot.
This is something for Motorola to learn from.
I work on a ship without 3G range, so then it`s nice to connect my phone to the Internet via my computer. It is also nice for them who dont have wireless connection and want to reduce their phonebills.
Razr Maxx HD is a very good phone, but iI miss this opportunity that I had on the HTC..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, root, before

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users