newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

So, this is NOT a critique, just a question for my understanding.

I've tried off and on the CM12 / AOSP ROMS and I can't wait till all the bugs are worked out.  Amazing stuff you guys can do.

I'm waiting patiently for bluetooth.  I visit this site, XDA, and the CM mother ship.  I notice on the CM mothership forums there is little mention of issues on this device and those that are mentioned are not really responded to.  No issues, this is a "legacy" device, I get that.  I'm a bit surprised it is being supported officially to be sure.

The question - how does feedback get to the CM team that BT is broken?  Or do they know and they are working on it?

Is there anyone else working on fixing BT when the base code is ported into a ROM? (forgive my terms if I mis-stated something).

I know this isn't "easy" stuff, but another question - as LP code from google is out there, and being used on vendor devices and I assume BT works - what is the process devs use to translate that to work on this phone?  Is it a matter of connected the code to the hardware?  Or does it require a bit more "invention" and rewriting?

AGAIN, I'm asking to learn only.  

Proud father of a US Marine

#2 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Bluetooth works relatively well for me on CM12 based ROMs if you disable WiFi and enabled Bluetooth. They do not get along well if they're both on. From my understanding, the reason it doesn't work well for our devices (moto msm8960's) is that Motorola hasn't released the sources needed to make a good port.

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#3 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

Bluetooth works relatively well for me on CM12 based ROMs if you disable WiFi and enabled Bluetooth. They do not get along well if they're both on. From my understanding, the reason it doesn't work well for our devices (moto msm8960's) is that Motorola hasn't released the sources needed to make a good port.

Thanks for the input - I'll give that a try for sure.  I say for sure, because I usually turn off my wifi in the car but have not lately as hot spots are growing all over.  But BT is more important to me while driving of course.

Proud father of a US Marine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users