#1 prttylilfilley

prttylilfilley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

I'm a noob with messing with my phone but am fairly computer/tech literate however I am having the worst time trying to recover my phone.  It got some water damage a while back however kept on working with only a slight dead spot in the touch screen.  Yay! But it now only boots to the red eye and stays there until it is dead.  I have been reading up on how to fix but am mostly out of my league.  

I downloaded RSD Lite, Motorola Device manager, and VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip.

I loaded/extracted everything on my computer and entered fastboot mode on my phone.  

Plugged my phone into the computer through usb and hit "start" on RSD lite.  

The process began and was working but failed at 15/17 in the process.  Now my phone has this error when I attempt to reboot:"No valid PIV block in SP for system. piv validation failed (system)."

I have not seen this anywhere on the forums and to be quite honest am tired of researching without having to go to several different websites to download this and extract that.  Sorry, I know that is how it works but for crying out loud in the middle of the night I'm frustrated!

So, I'm looking for a hand to hold and get me through this excruciating experience...:)

Please and thank you!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1.92KB   43 downloads

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

First off.... Do away with the Motorola device manager... It is garbage.... Go here

and read thru and try again.... Its also possible that your firmware is broken or corrupted may want to try downloading again..... And remember to use the OEM Motorola cable AND a 2.0 USB port for flashing....
  • spainter and prttylilfilley like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 akathemachine

akathemachine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPakistan
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m, Htc one m8

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:44 AM

well, first off......were you bootloader unlocked??

IF you are, then this shouldn't be a problem...

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:56 AM

well, first off......were you bootloader unlocked??

IF you are, then this shouldn't be a problem...

Meaning what?..... That error can happen regardless of being locked or unlocked ..... Also using the HoM from the link I posted can be used on either locked or unlocked

jhf.png

#5 akathemachine

akathemachine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

Meaning what?..... That error can happen regardless of being locked or unlocked ..... Also using the HoM from the link I posted can be used on either locked or unlocked

My point was that if you were bootloader unlocked, you could downgrade/upgrade using RSD Lite with a modded ".xml" factory image.

#6 akathemachine

akathemachine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

if you are bootloader unlocked then head to this link

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

While that's true information for sure..... Downgrading is not the OP's issue here..... Also the thread link you posted is old-ish and while it MAY still work,(things have been updated since then) is, once again, somewhat irrelevant to what the OP is trying to accomplish.....
  • rickw, spainter and jl90 like this

jhf.png

#8 akathemachine

akathemachine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

While that's true information for sure..... Downgrading is not the OP's issue here..... Also the thread link you posted is old-ish and while it MAY still work,(things have been updated since then) is, once again, somewhat irrelevant to what the OP is trying to accomplish.....

Who said it MAY work??it always worked for me and  I find it more convenient and easy to use the RSD method.....whether if it is old-ish but it still works.

In the end, it only required an unlocked bootloader....JEEZZZ!! :huh

And it's not about downgrading BTW. it's about making your phone usable again.

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

Ok..... No problem, if it still works, great :) and yes, if the OP has an unlocked BL it may work for him/her also. And they are more than welcome to try it.....

Let's wait and see what they have to say.... And we can go from there

• rickw and jl90 like this

jhf.png

#10 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

Going to step in here to give my 2 cents. The issue is that the OP is using RSD to flash there device. Nothing wrong with that as long as the fastboot binary files have been updated for Snapdragon devices. RSD relies on the android sdk versions which are not compatible for full flashing of System. Using HOM relies on the supported Snapdragon binaries that can be optained in the OP for the HOM program. Now that has been said... Play on..

Sent from my VS980 4G

• rickw, johnthehillbilly, spainter and 1 other like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#11 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

And... Depending on where in the sequence the FXZ failed, any attempt to downgrade is a BAD idea. If the trust zone got flashed before the failure, he'll downgrade alright... Right to an unrecoverable brick!
  • johnthehillbilly, spainter, jl90 and 1 other like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#12 akathemachine

akathemachine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

Going to step in here to give my 2 cents. The issue is that the OP is using RSD to flash there device. Nothing wrong with that as long as the fastboot binary files have been updated for Snapdragon devices. RSD relies on the android sdk versions which are not compatible for full flashing of System. Using HOM relies on the supported Snapdragon binaries that can be optained in the OP for the HOM program. Now that has been said... Play on..

Sent from my VS980 4G

I don't know but i've heard this somewhere...please enlighten me.  :) . I thought that HoM wasn't bound to any specific binaries and used the SDK's binary.

#13 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

I don't know but i've heard this somewhere...please enlighten me. :) . I thought that HoM wasn't bound to any specific binaries and used the SDK's binary.

the primary binaries that HoM relies on are included within the download of it......
  • akathemachine likes this

jhf.png

#14 prttylilfilley

prttylilfilley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

WOW!  You may have saved my phone from the trash!  It actually turned on and is now downloading my apps.  I can't believe it, I had almost given up.  Thank yo so much!

• SamuriHL, johnthehillbilly, shane1 and 1 other like this

#15 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

WOW! You may have saved my phone from the trash! It actually turned on and is now downloading my apps. I can't believe it, I had almost given up. Thank yo so much!

Awesome!!!! You're very welcome :)

jhf.png

#16 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,438 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

Sent from my VS980 4G

Small correction here just for accuracy's sake. RSD does not use the SDK.  It's perfectly capable of sending system to Moto devices.  It has its own built in fastboot library that it calls internally.  The binary I ship is a modified fastboot (modified by Moto, not by end users) that we lovingly call "motofastboot" or "mfastboot".  It's modified to allow system to be sent, as well.  The modification over the standard fastboot binaries in both the case of RSD and motofastboot is that it can break up the system image into chunks to send to the phone where they are then reassembled for flashing.  And people wonder why it fails.  :D

• johnthehillbilly and nobe1976 like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#17 windowsfree

windowsfree

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:18 AM

Getting a message on the download page that this file is broken.   Can someone load an image that is okay?

Thank you,

I'm a noob with messing with my phone but am fairly computer/tech literate however I am having the worst time trying to recover my phone.  It got some water damage a while back however kept on working with only a slight dead spot in the touch screen.  Yay! But it now only boots to the red eye and stays there until it is dead.  I have been reading up on how to fix but am mostly out of my league.  

I downloaded RSD Lite, Motorola Device manager, and VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip.

I loaded/extracted everything on my computer and entered fastboot mode on my phone.  

Plugged my phone into the computer through usb and hit "start" on RSD lite.  

The process began and was working but failed at 15/17 in the process.  Now my phone has this error when I attempt to reboot:"No valid PIV block in SP for system. piv validation failed (system)."

I have not seen this anywhere on the forums and to be quite honest am tired of researching without having to go to several different websites to download this and extract that.  Sorry, I know that is how it works but for crying out loud in the middle of the night I'm frustrated!

So, I'm looking for a hand to hold and get me through this excruciating experience... :)

Please and thank you!

attachicon.gif

#18 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:27 AM

Link works fine for me.

#19 prttylilfilley

prttylilfilley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

Oh crap...my phone has done it again.  I tried the same thing and I get that original error message "No valid PIV block in SP for system, piv validation failed (system), Fastboot reason: boot failure".

The link to motofirmware is not working.  I tried getting it from somewhere else and none of those are working.  

used this link

with 15...that gave me the above error, tried with the 10 and couldn't get passed the.jar (said "not supported at this time" or something to that effect).  

So what now?  

I know I'm nearly helpless but you dont' know what you don't know.  And, here I was so proud of myself and my helpers, Samuri and John, but now I'm lost again.  Thanks guys!

#20 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

You will have to flash the .15 version since that was the last that was flashed to the phone.  There has been some changes, Make sure you download the proper support file from the OP in House of Moto and unzip it to your tools folder in the HOM folder.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boot failure, rsd, fastboot, razr m, red eye, bootloop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users