Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

I might need to pick one up to try it.

sent from my N6

I'm half tempted to get hold of my buddy's M and try it. I'd give him my unlocked M in trade if something happened.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

R. Long: Pixel 5

#22 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

Just saw this posted. I thought this worked by replacing the kernel with the older one? I read through the explanations of the exploit and didn't see anything about restoring the new kernel after the exploit. Is dumb ole me missing something?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

32.72KB   20 downloads

99.08KB   20 downloads

#23 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

The script reboots about a billion times.  It'll reboot the kernel during one of them.

• RikRong likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#24 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

The script reboots about a billion times. It'll reboot the kernel during one of them.

Gotcha, that's what I figured.

#25 gamertwo1

gamertwo1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD XT926 MAXX

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

After reading this thread, :)  

Hi, Newbie here, 

Having 182.46.15 , droid razr hd (xt926) , kk 4.4.2.. 

Is there any possibility that I am able to unlock + root my phone ??

#26 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

After reading this thread, :)

Hi, Newbie here,
Having 182.46.15 , droid razr hd (xt926) , kk 4.4.2..

Is there any possibility that I am able to unlock + root my phone ??

Root.... Possibly yes.... Unlock, not likely.... Here is the root method that is referred to a few posts earlier ...

.... Give it a try, then please report back here if it works for you or not.....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#27 gamertwo1

gamertwo1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD XT926 MAXX

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

Root.... Possibly yes.... Unlock, not likely.... Here is the root method that is referred to a few posts earlier ...

.... Give it a try, then please report back here if it works for you or not.....

But sir my 1st priority is to unlock my phone, Because I wan't to have lollipop .. 

#28 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

But sir my 1st priority is to unlock my phone, Because I wan't to have lollipop .. 

Then buy a new phone.  Cause if you're on build 15, you can't unlock it.

• johnthehillbilly, xKroniK13x and Aqua009 like this

#29 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

In all honesty, you're lucky, and should be grateful that there are still some people even working on root for the 926..... Its an old device and [rapidly] approaching end of life . .... And IMO lollipop still has too many bugs .... Rooted KK, debloated, with maybe Xposed installer and Gravitybox module may serve you better :):)
  • spainter and Aqua009 like this

jhf.png

#30 RyanFleming

RyanFleming

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Max HD XT926

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

!!!Verify IT Works!!!

I just bought a broken XT926 very inexpensive. it's my fifth XT926 I've bought since December.  One I sent back because it was updated to latest OTA and I could not unlock the bootloader.  Three I rooted/unlocked.  Anyway Once I put the new LCD on the broken one I booted it up and <sigh> it's updated to latest OTA.  I took a quick look and found the Hydrogen Peroxide exploit.  See Below:

System Version
182.46.15.XT926.verizon.en.us

Android Version 

BaseBand
Vanquish_BP_100731.020.64.21P

Kernel
3.4.42-gbd361ac
dbbuild@ca88inxdroid25 #1
tue july 29 30:03:04 PDT 2014

Build number
KDA20.62-15

Build Date
tue jul 29 02:51:09 PDT 2014

Long story short I kept getting the "Dead Android" No Command Window when the exploit was trying to boot to the recovery partion.  So I looked at the batch script and manually flashed the Kernel from fastboot to the recovery partion, then rebooted the phone and before it booted up normally I held the volume buttons to go to menu and went directly to boot to Recovery and this time it booted up to 4.4.2 with the May 2014 kernel and I was able to Root it with Towel Root.  I posted detailed instructions on a different forum, if somebody is interested I'll post it here, but while it's not too difficult to understand if you are comfortable with flashing, it's also not exactly for the faint of heart to try...  Hopefully if you run the script it works for you without having to do anything but run the script. But again I can verify it does work on a locked phone.  Now if somebody can  just figure out how to do something clever like this with the TZ partition....  <not holding my breath>

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#31 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

I would say, post your detailed instructions here for others to see... :)

jhf.png

#32 RyanFleming

RyanFleming

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Max HD XT926

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

Having Problems Try This:
Okay, I just bought my fifth XT926 Since last December (2014). The first two and the fourth I was able to use Towel Root, and (even though this DOES NOT APPLY HERE) motopocalypse to unlock the boot loader. One I sent back because it was updated, Why do people ever take OTA updates!!!!

Anyways I bought one with a broken LCD with the latest OTA, it came in the mail today and I learned of this new root method.
About The Phone:
System Version
182.46.15.XT926.verizon.en.us
Android Version 
BaseBand
Vanquish_BP_100731.020.64.21P
Kernal
3.4.42-gbd361ac
dbbuild@ca88inxdroid25 #1
tue july 29 30:03:04 PDT 2014
Build number
KDA20.62-15
Build Date
tue jul 29 02:51:09 PDT 2014

My first mistake was I did not realize there are two versions one for the XT907 and one for the XT926. I used the wrong one, so the flash to recovery failed. I kept getting stuck in fastboot with flash error, just kept typing fastboot continue, then eventually figured out if I successfully flash something, in my case I re-flashed the boot.img the fastboot flash error went away..

Finally I downloaded the correct exploit.: NOTE: the link listed on the page you copy and paste it, REMOVE THE SPACE between the DOT and the COM!!!!!

Next I would run the exploit script and keep getting to the Boot To Recovery Part and Have the "Dead Android Dude" with the word NO COMMAND. I tried this several times, no luck, so I edited the bat script and where the script uses fastboot to flashes the Kernel into the recovery partition, and then reboots back to Android, then uses ADB to reboot into recovery. Well I decided heck with it, I went ahead and booted into fastboot, manually flashed the image, reset the phone and held the power keys in and went directly to recovery, and it booted to 4.4.2 kitkat with the May Kernel, and I ran the Towel Root exploit. Then I made a copy of the script and kept the first few lines up to the "cd files" erased everything up to the point it says run towel root. I then ran that script to clean things up. I could have just manually typed it all but hey, I'm lazy.

For Newbies or People not too comfortable with Android in general. Be warned these steps take you a step closer to potentially damaging your phone, but if do these steps right no worries. If you do soft brick the phone, just use rsdlite or fastboot and re-image it with the latest OTA. I'm not going to cover that here.

Steps:
NOTE when typing all commands are in quotes, do not include the quotes!
PLEASE READ ALL THE STEPS FIRST BEFORE TRYING THIS!!!

From the Hydrogen PEROXIDE XT926 folder
hold the shift key in and right mouse click on the files folder and select Open Command Window Here
This will open a command window with the current path set as the files folder.  Make sure the phone is plugged into the computer and your phone is set up like the exploit instructs you to.

Type 
"ADB Devices" and you should see the device listed, if not, search the forums for help.
"ADB Reboot Bootloader" This will boot into fastboot
Alternately after opening the command line window with the phone powered off press and hold volume up/volume down, and while holding press power for four seconds and release all the buttons. Then when the menu appears press volume down until fastboot is sselected and then press volume up. This will also boot in to fastboot.

From the Command Line Window With the phone in Fastboot mode Type
"fastboot flash recovery root.img" You should get a message showing success, if not Stop Now because something else is wrong and I don't have an answer for you. frown.gif
Next, take a deep breath and be ready to take action, as we are going to reboot the phone and before it has a chance to reboot, put it into recovery mode.
Type "fastboot reboot" as soon as the phone reboots (the screen goes black) press and hold volume up/volume down, and while holding press power for four seconds and release all the buttons. Then when the menu appears press volume down until recovery is selected and then press volume up. This will also boot into the recovery partition which has the older kernel, so actually the phone will boot to the 4.4.2. You can verify that things worked by going to settings about phone and the Kernel version should be dated May 2014.

From the Phone
Find the Towel Root App and make sure the phone has internet connection and then run it.
You should get a message saying it worked, next run the script I mentioned above with the first half of the steps removed and run it, this will put the phone's recovery image back and clean things up.

DON"T TRY THESE STEPS BEFORE FIRST TRYING THE AUTOMATED INSTALL_ROOT.BAT SCRIPT THE STEPS I MENTIONED ABOVE ASSUME THAT YOU INSTALLED THE EXPLOIT, TOWELROOT, AND THE SUPERUSER PROGRAM ALREADY. ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU RUN THE SCRIPT AND GET THE "DEAD ANDROID GUY WITH NO COMMAND" ON THE SCREEN

• xKroniK13x, anthom1e and ammaralidj like this

#33 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

Another potential: potential bootloader unlock for .15

Never heard of sigma, and am skeptical. Only one person on xda showed this, and a person on GSM hosting says it worked on xt907 .15 firmware.

Sent from my Blissful RAZR M 5.0.2 from Tapatalk

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#34 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

OMFG.  Do you know what that's doing???  That's insane. Basically they're temporarily changing the IMEI to one with a known unlock code, unlocking it, and restoring the original IMEI.  Wow....just wow.

• xKroniK13x likes this

#35 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

OMFG. Do you know what that's doing??? That's insane. Basically they're temporarily changing the IMEI to one with a known unlock code, unlocking it, and restoring the original IMEI. Wow....just wow.

#YOLO, amirite?
I'm on vacation and don't have WiFi, so I'm pretty limited as far as researchability. Seems like a good way to cause issues. Not something I'd do!

#36 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

#YOLO, amirite?
I'm on vacation and don't have WiFi, so I'm pretty limited as far as researchability. Seems like a good way to cause issues. Not something I'd do!

That and the 265 dollar box you need to make it work, yea?  LOL

• xKroniK13x likes this

#37 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

That and the 265 dollar box you need to make it work, yea? LOL

LOL. I just went to Sigmas website. That is ridiculous. Seems reasonable.

Actually a pretty interesting concept if it actually works. Good for independent dealers that resale used devices. Definitely not useful for us end users.

#38 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

It's definitely an inventive way to attack the problem.  I was impressed.  The box, yea, not for us.

• xKroniK13x likes this

#39 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

Looks like I was looking at the wrong box.

The basic set is only 99 bucks.  That's doable.

• xKroniK13x likes this

#40 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

Looks like I was looking at the wrong box.

The basic set is only 99 bucks. That's doable.

Questionable if its worth 100 for an old device like this though. That's more reasonable than over 200 though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tethered root, root, xt907, razr m, 183.46.15

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users