Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1101 tsanterre

tsanterre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Rzr Maxx

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Huh, I could not find the answer in this thread either, but I did find this on the XDA forums. A couple of apps to fix the "number of texts sent in 30 minutes" issue

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you want to edit the settings manually, check this page of the thread out. Use SQLite to edit the settings.db

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Yea - thanks.
No issues w/ texting too much - just looking for a fix for the sound issue.

#1102 joeriv5692

joeriv5692

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Any ideas why my soft light keys go out? Even with me turning the screen off and back on they come on for a second and then they shut off. I've noticed this with the last few builds of jelly wiz.any ideas?

#1103 BMatt

BMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

None of my root apps seem to be applying on boot, No Frills doesn't set underclock or governor and Seeder doesn't start up, even though they both have boot options checked :/

#1104 killboredom

killboredom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Having run ALL of the JB Roms for a couple days, this is the only true keeper. This thing just SIPS battery! And performs like a beast. Not sure why, but TouchWiz UI is smoother for me on this ROM than Fat-Free. Go figure.

Now I'm tasked with ripping out the horrifyingly ugly notification toggles and replacing with Power Toggle. has anyone already done this and has a SystemUI.apk they could drop me? Otherwise, I'll have to go learn how to do it myself :) (not the end of the world)

Side-note...and perhaps this was the case with TouchWiz ICS roms and I was unaware; I love the inclusion of the S3 sounds! Always been envious of the pleasant noises that come out of my wife's S3 vs. the jarring noises the Razr makes.

Thanks in advance!
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#1105 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Always been envious of the pleasant noises that come out of my wife's S3 vs. the jarring noises the Razr makes.

but, but, but, DDDDDRRRROOOOOOOIIIIIDDDDD!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Via Tapatalk

• killboredom, lumberjackzac and mattkilla like this
maxx

#1106 kyle22388

kyle22388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Anyone besides myself have duplicate ringtones? If so how is this corrected?

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

#1107 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

kyle, yeah, I've seen that on a # of roms…
no idea of how to fix it.

Wish I knew how to save some of those 'tones…
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1108 Badger50

Badger50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Google+:badger50@gmail.com
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

kyle, yeah, I've seen that on a # of roms…
no idea of how to fix it.

Wish I knew how to save some of those 'tones…

Get out the Root Explorer, go to system/media/audio/ui or any of the other folders you see and copy the sound file you want. Put them in a folder on your sdcard-ext and reuse them latter. If you want a specific tone for a screen lock etc, rename the existing tone to a .bak file, rename your new tone to the origin name like Lock.ogg, reboot, and there you go. Just something else to mess with :-)
  • mhotovec and SpyderMan like this
Posted Image

#1109 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

Badger, excellent! This is what we need more of:
the recent interview articles of droidrzr staff all have examples of people reading, reading, reading.

We need more, direct, clear, detailed explanations like this.

I'm not a programmer, but I understand how they work & a reply like this gives insight into the 'under the hood' workings, so I can learn more.

I wish there were books that explained what makes things work, i.e. how we get ringtones, the OS directory structure in terms of functionality behind the files contained, etc. An admin's workbook if you will.

I know, I'm describing tutorials, but we need more & more breadth of knowledge so we can do more w/our devices.

Thanks for the lesson.
  • mhotovec likes this
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1110 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi guys! I just flashed this rom @ 2:54 am and gotta wake up @ 7 lmao... can someone fast forward and tell me if the wifi tether is working and which app is doing the trick on this rom or jb in general please?

#1111 Badger50

Badger50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Badger, excellent! This is what we need more of:
the recent interview articles of droidrzr staff all have examples of people reading, reading, reading.

We need more, direct, clear, detailed explanations like this.

I'm not a programmer, but I understand how they work & a reply like this gives insight into the 'under the hood' workings, so I can learn more.

I wish there were books that explained what makes things work, i.e. how we get ringtones, the OS directory structure in terms of functionality behind the files contained, etc. An admin's workbook if you will.

I know, I'm describing tutorials, but we need more & more breadth of knowledge so we can do more w/our devices.

Thanks for the lesson.

No problem partner. Just figured out that one on my own. It's amazing what toy can find with a root explorer app. I like snooping :-)
  • Rootuser94 likes this
Posted Image

#1112 kyle22388

kyle22388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

I foundy ringtones using root explorer but there are no duplicates there only in the sound setting where you select one

#1113 Badger50

Badger50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

I foundy ringtones using root explorer but there are no duplicates there only in the sound setting where you select one

Change the setting in the top right hand corner to r/o, copy the sound file, and change it to .ogg if you need to :-)
Posted Image

#1114 kyle22388

kyle22388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Change setting in top right corner of root explorer? I'm actually using as file manager with root peission will this work?

#1115 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Change setting in top right corner of root explorer? I'm actually using as file manager with root peission will this work?

Yep, any root-enabled file manager should work. It's just that each one has its own particular methods.

#1116 cpspecial

cpspecial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

There is something on RLS5 that significantly drains more battery it seems in contrast to version 4.

I've reflashed the ROM several times now to see if I can calibrate my battery through a couple cycles, but I am losing about 1% per minute with general usage and brightness all the way down.

I haven't touched the governors either because the others seem to be even worse...anyone else having these issues?
Curtis Price
Trumpet The Harlot - Lead Guitar

#1117 chuckyteets

chuckyteets

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

I have a question! I've searched and searched and asked in the chat. Why can't I set my CPU speed to 1.2ghz? I have 1.0 and 1.3 as choices. I want 1.2 (stock). What happens if I just uninstall no frills cpu? I moved it to 1.3, and it went to 1.3, but I don't want that. I also did this with 1.0. Is there any way for me to get back to 1.2? I think it started there before I touched anything.

#1118 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

There is something on RLS5 that significantly drains more battery it seems in contrast to version 4.

I've reflashed the ROM several times now to see if I can calibrate my battery through a couple cycles, but I am losing about 1% per minute with general usage and brightness all the way down.

I haven't touched the governors either because the others seem to be even worse...anyone else having these issues?

use an app like watchdog or gsam battery to see what is draining your batt

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1119 hensonlf

hensonlf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I have been running into this issue as well. Been using WatchDog and it is not reporting anything crazy. This morning I used TuneIn radio for the drive to work...when I started the app battery was at 35% not 10 seconds later it was down to 19%. Pretty sure its something with that app but WatchDog does not report anything.

#1120 sinisterraccoon

sinisterraccoon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Been running for about 2 days, also having some battery hogging issues. Coming from the jb leak. I didn't add anything new besides what I had on before... Had to switch back for today since i wont be near a charger. Setting the clock at 1.3, it seems a little bit lagging compared to my stock jb leak, but overall it has a nicer look to it.

Yes, I'm an evil raccoon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users