• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#221 jcarlosfox

jcarlosfox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

What email do I send the money to for Dan?

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk HD

The first post of this thread has the link.

#222 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

The first post of this thread has the link.

I just realized that lol Thanks for letting me know though =]

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk HD

#223 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I pay $180.00 a month on my phone bill. I'm not giving anyone a dime for achieving root. I'll save my $50 and take my wife and kids out to eat. I'll wait till its made fully available. In the mean time I'm very happy with my stock RAZR Maxx beauty thank you very much.

So why are you here at all? I never lost root, but Dan gets a donation from me anyway.

#224 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

So why are you here at all? I never lost root, but Dan gets a donation from me anyway.

Exactly... I no longer even have the original RAZR Maxx since I received a Maxx HD as a replacement, but I still donated $25 because even though I may not be able to use it now, the least I can do is donate some money to Devs for the root exploits I've used in the past.

#225 skybro

skybro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

$20.00 as pledged! Thank You Dan!

#226 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Exactly... I no longer even have the original RAZR Maxx since I received a Maxx HD as a replacement, but I still donated $25 because even though I may not be able to use it now, the least I can do is donate some money to Devs for the root exploits I've used in the past.

Welcome back, where ya been ;)

Actually, if you've rooted a Moto device on ginger bread or any version of ice cream sandwich, djrbliss was the same guy behind all of em.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#227 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Welcome back, where ya been ;)

Actually, if you've rooted a Moto device on ginger bread or any version of ice cream sandwich, djrbliss was the same guy behind all of em.

Lol thanks ;)

I thought that, but wasn't completely sure. That makes it all the better then :)

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

#228 cedricl

cedricl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

I was happy to support this. I sent my $10 pledge this morning.

#229 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

They do. Buy a dev edition and you wouldn't need to open threads throwing money at people to try and root your device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

not every model phone has a "dev edition" and I'm also here to support developers that don't mind searching for a root method for regular devices . Seriously man come on I'm not trying to start anything at all but this isn't really a great way to support the development community here. Thank goodness we were able to achieve root for all the people who lost it . Not everyone that wants to root can really afford 500-700 dollars for a full retail device "Dev Edition" Phone

#230 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

They do. Buy a dev edition and you wouldn't need to open threads throwing money at people to try and root your device.

Why are you even on a dev site? I highly doubt you have a dev phone because you're not a developer. If you were, you'd never have said something like that, let alone thought it. I also know from your post that you don't have the slightest clue what the purpose of an actual dev phone is... even though you think you do.

Seeming as you don't own a dev phone and you're on a dev forum, not to mention a dev exploit thread, please don't post a comment and waste everyone's time when you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. I'm all for learning and education, but seeming as it appears you're here for neither, you really have no business posting. If you'd like to complain about this issue you're not that educated on, then post to your hearts content... but please make a separate thread dedicated to the issue you want to write about.

#231 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Motorola (Thanks to VZW) doesn't sell unlocked phones at subsidized pricing through VZW though. And If I'm gonna pay FULL price for a phone, shouldn't I get a special contract rate? I've heard other companies offer special pricing if you DON"T take a subsidized phone. But VZW charges the same crazy amount for their AMAZING service regardless if you bring your own device or if you guy one that they've subsidized. It's really a crapoa situation thanks to VZW.

Not to mention, it's my understanding that Dan was gonna release this exploit even if people didn't donate. Sometimes the thrill of the catch is worth more than the sale of the product.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#232 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Motorola (Thanks to VZW) doesn't sell unlocked phones at subsidized pricing through VZW though. And If I'm gonna pay FULL price for a phone, shouldn't I get a special contract rate? I've heard other companies offer special pricing if you DON"T take a subsidized phone. But VZW charges the same crazy amount for their AMAZING service regardless if you bring your own device or if you guy one that they've subsidized. It's really a crapoa situation thanks to VZW.

Not to mention, it's my understanding that Dan was gonna release this exploit even if people didn't donate. Sometimes the thrill of the catch is worth more than the sale of the product.

I'm glad someone else is talking about this as well. It used to be, up until about 1 year ago, that VZW had the best phones on the market, but the trade off was their crap plans. Its no longer like that... U.S. Cellular not only had the Note 2 for months before anyone else had it, but they offer amazing plans, as well as run promotional plans on top of that. Multiple times a year they do a 70/mo unlimited everything plan, and always run it for 2 - 3 months starting in late Oct, early Nov. Even if you take a regular plan, you get free incoming calls and free N&W from 7pm - 7am. I pay 110/mo for 900 min, 500 texts, and unlimited data.

And just so everyone can appreciate how much VZW likes screwing their customers, never mind the attempted $2 bill payment charge, they only switched to their new non-unlimited data plans because the FCC ruled during the spring that it was illegal for them to charge customers extra for the ability to tether (which is easily bypassed in Linux to begin with), and is also why they are FORCING every single customer to switch when they renew. If you choose NOT to switch to their new crap plans without unlimited data, then you lose promotional phone pricing, forcing you to pay full retail price for phones at a price of $500 - $700 + tax (which is a fairly large amount in and of itself at prices those high).

I'd recommend every VZW subscriber switch when their contract's up, as I most certainly will when mine is up in July. VZW no longer offers early upgrades 6 months before your contracts up like they used to, and I believe U.S. Cellular still does; and whereas VZW does have an amazing warranty (FRU) replacement system compared to U.S. Cellular (where they give you a loaner, mail your phone in for repair, and you get it back in 4 - 6 weeks), that's a small price to pay for saving $40 or more a month... which equates to $480 or more a year, $960 or more over the life of your contract.

VZW no longer holds the clout it did 2 years ago... the more customers that wise up, the more chance we have of seeing VZW possibly rethink its customer appreciation strategy.

#233 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm glad someone else is talking about this as well. It used to be, up until about 1 year ago, that VZW had the best phones on the market, but the trade off was their crap plans. Its no longer like that... U.S. Cellular not only had the Note 2 for months before anyone else had it, but they offer amazing plans, as well as run promotional plans on top of that. Multiple times a year they do a 70/mo unlimited everything plan, and always run it for 2 - 3 months starting in late Oct, early Nov. Even if you take a regular plan, you get free incoming calls and free N&W from 7pm - 7am. I pay 110/mo for 900 min, 500 texts, and unlimited data.

And just so everyone can appreciate how much VZW likes screwing their customers, never mind the attempted $2 bill payment charge, they only switched to their new non-unlimited data plans because the FCC ruled during the spring that it was illegal for them to charge customers extra for the ability to tether (which is easily bypassed in Linux to begin with), and is also why they are FORCING every single customer to switch when they renew. If you choose NOT to switch to their new crap plans without unlimited data, then you lose promotional phone pricing, forcing you to pay full retail price for phones at a price of $500 - $700 + tax (which is a fairly large amount in and of itself at prices those high).

I'd recommend every VZW subscriber switch when their contract's up, as I most certainly will when mine is up in July. VZW no longer offers early upgrades 6 months before your contracts up like they used to, and I believe U.S. Cellular still does; and whereas VZW does have an amazing warranty (FRU) replacement system compared to U.S. Cellular (where they give you a loaner, mail your phone in for repair, and you get it back in 4 - 6 weeks), that's a small price to pay for saving $40 or more a month... which equates to $480 or more a year, $960 or more over the life of your contract.

VZW no longer holds the clout it did 2 years ago... the more customers that wise up, the more chance we have of seeing VZW possibly rethink its customer appreciation strategy.

I am not familiar with US cellular, I don't think they are available in my area. The crap deal that seems to be nation wide is that VZW has strong armed us all because they invest SO MUCH into their infrastructure Example, Spring is hoping to have LTE rolled out to 50 markets by the end of this year, VWZ plans to have LTE covering their 3G footprint by the end of this year. I just CAN'T, not matter HOW HARD I TRY, find a network as reliable and vast. AND FAST to boot. It honestly sucks like that.
  • neckchop likes this

#234 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'm thinking a few need to take a step back and calm down for a bit before things get out of hand here and someone has to step in. Back on subject please.
  • Memnoch73 and jcarlosfox like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#235 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I am not familiar with US cellular, I don't think they are available in my area. The crap deal that seems to be nation wide is that VZW has strong armed us all because they invest SO MUCH into their infrastructure Example, Spring is hoping to have LTE rolled out to 50 markets by the end of this year, VWZ plans to have LTE covering their 3G footprint by the end of this year. I just CAN'T, not matter HOW HARD I TRY, find a network as reliable and vast. AND FAST to boot. It honestly sucks like that.

U.S. Cellular used to be just a Midwest cell company, but for the past few years they've been increasing their national footprint and I thought their coverage map went coast to coast... I could be wrong though since I only glanced at it a few months ago when I was on their site.

Yeah, in regards to 4G VZW definitely has a leg up. For a company as profitable as they are to never have offered any type of promotional and customer appreciation pricing or features really bugs me as they're the only one that doesn't and has never done... which I felt was excusable years ago when they had the best phones on the market and the trade off was you get the best phones, but pay more in service. But now, whereas everyone else has evolved their plans, VZW has not. They've repackaged them, but they're the same pricing tiers, same features... but without any possibility of unlimited data to circumvent the FCC ruling.

#236 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Keep in mind, the moot's not just for Bionic owners anymore ....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

DROID BIONIC on 246 via Tapatalk
  • neckchop likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#237 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

Keep in mind, the moot's not just for Bionic owners anymore ....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

DROID BIONIC on 246 via Tapatalk

was there a new moot? It's like a half a day project trying to find that latest moot. lol

#238 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

was there a new moot? It's like a half a day project trying to find that latest moot. lol

That's the point. ;)

Non potest esse nisi unus

#239 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

ok guys,lets keep the promised monies rolling in,thanks