jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

that's twice you have posted in the wrong forum. we all know about jb root for the razr hd and its nothing new as you claim... but this is an og razr forum hence the name droid razr not droid razr hd.

anyway put me down for $10 more $20 total..

Considering the forum app I'm using doesn't list whether this is an original RAZR thread or not, I'll dismiss your ignorant comment for what it was... ignorance. Next time you want to attempt to criticize someone, how bout acting like the mature adult you're obviously not and being respectful, instead of condescending.
  • lostsoul01 likes this

#23 wacocapretto

wacocapretto

Lurker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Google+:wacocapretto@gmail.com
  • Locationpalm desert california
  • Current Device(s):razr razr hd droid dna

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for sharing your infinite wisdom... Considering the forum app I'm using doesn't list whether this is an original RAZR thread or not, I'll dismiss your ignorant comment for what it was... ignorance. Next time you want to attempt to criticize someone, how bout acting like the mature adult you're obviously not and being respectful, instead of condescending.

you're welcome, anytime buddy. I'm not a mature adult so why would I act like one? and all i was getting at was that you keep posting in the wrong forum and I don't want someone to try and use your methods of rooting jb for razr hd on their oj razr and brick because you don't have time to post in the right forums. There is a reason they have forums separated for each phone its so people don't get confused and try to flash their phones with the wrong thing. Also I wasn't trying to be a d!ck I was just pointing out that you keep posting in the oj forums and it might confuse some people. Anyway this isn't the place for this kind of bickering.
those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Posted Image

#24 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

#25 wacocapretto

wacocapretto

Lurker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Google+:wacocapretto@gmail.com
  • Locationpalm desert california
  • Current Device(s):razr razr hd droid dna

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for that imbecilic response...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Like I said this isn't the place for this nonsense if you must argue do it privately so we can keep these forums clean.
  • cvhovey, mattlgroff, neckchop and 5 others like this
those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Posted Image

#26 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Like I said this isn't the place for this nonsense if you must argue do it privately so we can keep these forums clean.

Yes good thought. This is a very good cause that bytecode is working towards. We need to focus on that and stay on topic. Thank you to all that have pledged an amount and are helping byte get this going.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• neckchop and wacocapretto like this

#27 SPJESTER

SPJESTER

Like A Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Twitter:mhowell34
  • Google+:mhowell34
  • LocationStarkvegas, Mississippi
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Active

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

lol this is crazy. Hope the bionic dont have this big of a issue :P
  • Rootuser94 and ryankliber like this

>> I'VE BEEN AROUND A WHILE. LETS GET TO IT <<
Current Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active 

Retired Devices: Moto Droid, VZW HTC Thunderbolt, VZW Moto Droid Bionic

#28 joe53787

joe53787

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Google+:78753joe@gmail.com
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • Current Device(s):razrHD

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

I got 50 on it! I need root!!.
  • Gytole likes this

#29 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

I will put forward $10. I had actually thought about this idea the other day. I'm all for it.
  • xmarcs likes this

#30 cedricl

cedricl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

I'm in for $10.

#31 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

I've been working on a root for almost a week. I have a spare RAZR at hand and have tried almost every public root available. I think it's time to start thinking outside of the box.

Here's my concern though - granted that I find a root. If I release one prior to an official OTA, we could be risking our chances of seeing a root on that OTA because a quick fix moto might do if this root becomes viral. In that case, maybe holding off without root might be a good idea. I could just release the root privately among the Droid RZR community for those who are stuck on their JB w/o root, though we would still be risking our chances of having an available root for the OTA.

Like I said, I am still working trying to find a root. I do have work, class and gym so most of my time is spent elsewhere but my free time this last week has been dedicated to finding a root. Wish me luck!
  • neckchop, usmcscott and jcarlosfox like this

#32 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

The leaked update will get an OTA to the official Jellybean. It HAS to.

The secure version won't increase again.

If a root method is discovered for the official or even leaked 4.1.2 update we can make it work no matter how they patched it as long as we have the update file from the leak to official.

1. Fastboot flash 6.16.211 system.img and preinstall.img
2. Sideload Leak Jellybean 4.1.2.
3. Root on 4.1.2 (if we get an exploit)
4. Protect Root.
5. Sideload OTA Update from the Leak.

So no, this is not a worthless gesture.

I've been working on a root for almost a week. I have a spare RAZR at hand and have tried almost every public root available. I think it's time to start thinking outside of the box.

Here's my concern though - granted that I find a root. If I release one prior to an official OTA, we could be risking our chances of seeing a root on that OTA because a quick fix moto might do if this root becomes viral. In that case, maybe holding off without root might be a good idea. I could just release the root privately among the Droid RZR community for those who are stuck on their JB w/o root, though we would still be risking our chances of having an available root for the OTA.

Like I said, I am still working trying to find a root. I do have work, class and gym so most of my time is spent elsewhere but my free time this last week has been dedicated to finding a root. Wish me luck!

Refer to above quote. I thought it would be useless also.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#33 Steeleio

Steeleio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@steeleio
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Put me down for $20
  • jcarlosfox likes this

#34 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Let me say this now. Any fighting and useless talk stops now. IF you do not like this topic DO NOT RESPOND! This is the one and only warning. Multiple users are at fault here. One user for starting the fight and other users for responding to him in the forum. Please stay on topic.
  • Aixelsyd, cvhovey, anoopch and 6 others like this

#35 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Tho I have root, but knowing if I did lose it, that would be a game-changer, count me in for $10 ... thx for starting this cause, bytecode!
  • jcarlosfox and skybro like this

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#36 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

+1 I am down to pitch a few bucks in ....let me take care of my bills as well ....I miss my root......
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#37 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

We can't copy files to the /system(where root is) of a phone without root access. So you couldn't copy existing files from a rooted phones system to an uprooted phones system as there is no way to get access to it.

We can't flash one phones fastboot files to another as they have different hardware, therefore different drivers and libs. What drivers and libs are compatible with one phones hardware is incompatible with another's. Sometimes a manufacturer makes builds that can run on multiple phones, such as Moto having the exact same builds for the Razr and D4. Because they are very close in hardware. Also files need to be signed for a certain partition and for certain phones and the Razr signature wouldn't work on the HD.

Ask as many questions as you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Can you Identify which files are responsible for gaining and maintaining Root on the rooted JB Maxx, and then maybe flash said files as an update to the JB OTA that is floating around here, then we can just re-run the update, and re-root I am certainly not a DEV (nor do I claim to even have a clue as to how) I am posing a hypothetical theory...
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#38 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Can you Identify which files are responsible for gaining and maintaining Root on the rooted JB Maxx, and then maybe flash said files as an update to the JB OTA that is floating around here, then we can just re-run the update, and re-root I am certainly not a DEV (nor do I claim to even have a clue as to how) I am posing a hypothetical theory...

You can't rerun an update. And you can't copy and its a lot harder then flashing these files.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

• Aixelsyd likes this

#39 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Count me in for $20.
  • anoopch and jcarlosfox like this