Photo

So what data plan is everyone on these days?

Front Page Poll

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Data Plan (296 member(s) have cast votes)

What Data Plan Are You on Now?

1. Voted Unlimited Data...still :D (217 votes [73.31%])

Percentage of vote: 73.31%

2. Limited Data-Per Line (39 votes [13.18%])

Percentage of vote: 13.18%

3. Voted Share Everything Plan (35 votes [11.82%])

Percentage of vote: 11.82%

4. Other (5 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Unlimited data on 2 lines. Say what we want about Verizon and their prices but until some of these other companies start providing the same or better coverage than Big Red, I'll stick with them.

HD Tappin and Talkin From my N7

Agreed. Someone has to pay for the ultra-fast buildout of the network. Kind of expect to pay more on a network that is more reliable with better coverage and more modern. With the LTE rollout nearly complete they're already looking to VoLTE (voice over LTE) so they can shut down the CDMA system (finally) and LTE-Advanced to bump our data speeds even higher. Call it the "early adopters" network for the time being :P

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#22 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I have double data. ;) and you guys suck that have unlimited left! -_-
a what? an android? whats that?

#23 Ahowe125

Ahowe125

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Twitter:Ahowe125
  • Google+:Aaron Howe
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW HTC One, Nexus 7

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

As I voted, I'm still on Unlimited Data for 2 of 5 lines. Mine and my Girlfriend are on Unlimited, 2 of the other lines are on 2gb data plans, and one dumb phone. We all share the cost of a family share plan with 2000 minutes. We still even have the 10 friends and family callers, so we hardly ever use our anytime minutes. I have been with Verizon since they bought out Alltel in our market, and my first phone was the Blackberry Storm 2. Then about the same time before they dropped the grandfathered unlimited she upgraded to an Iphone, and I picked up my Droid X. I have since bought a Razr, and then a Razr Maxx as used phones to keep that unlimited.

I'm scared for the day that one of the 3 other lines want to "upgrade" and my entire account is forced onto the shared data plans. Granted we could get by with 10gb since I'm the only real data hog, I still hate the idea of being limited.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on Eclipse v1.2 GPE Port |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4 |

#24 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I two plans. I have a Verizon line that is unlimited and on January 9th I'll be on unlimited everything for tmobiles prepaid plan :) but for now I get unlimited data and text with 100 minutes

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

#25 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'm still on the VZW unlimited plan. Bought the Droid Razr before the "no more grandfather" rule kicked in. Even though Verizon is overpriced, my company subsidizes my phone bill so I only have to pay about a third of the cost...for now. :)

#26 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

My wife wanted to upgrade her Iphone so to keep a happy home, I had to give up my unlimited plan. Verizon's prices really suck.

#27 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Google+:martha holcomb
  • Locationnortheast mississippi
  • Current Device(s):moto xpe 2015

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

3 unlimited lines on our plan. not sure which way we'll go when it's time for somebody to upgrade :wacko:

#28 BigEdd

BigEdd

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Device(s):DROID BIONIC, ASUS transformer tf300t

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Agreed. Someone has to pay for the ultra-fast buildout of the network. Kind of expect to pay more on a network that is more reliable with better coverage and more modern. With the LTE rollout nearly complete they're already looking to VoLTE (voice over LTE) so they can shut down the CDMA system (finally) and LTE-Advanced to bump our data speeds even higher. Call it the "early adopters" network for the time being :P

Unlimited here. Here's my problem with voice lte, since voice will be over the same signal as internet, well loose the ability to be on the phone while surfing the web(like how it was with 3g and prior)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#29 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Unlimited 1 line, 2 gigs for daughter who has s3. Got the Bionic for free around June. Got 4g in my area a few months back. Prior always had to be on wifi at home. I figure they owe me X amount of years for poor service via 3g. I don't ever want to see 3g service again.

#30 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I have unlimited talk and text... now I only have 2 Gigs per month.

#31 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

2 lines unlimited everything except minutes. The wife and I share 1200 minutes a month, and never even get close with the 10 friends and family on Alltels old my circle. I use between 75 and 90 gigs a month, and the wife uses around 30 to 35 gigs. Limited plans would never work for us. :D Here's a screen, and I'm just getting started.
  • Rootuser94 likes this
Posted Image

#32 lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Mine is unlimited but the wife only gets 2GB

Luke

Razr Maxx

#33 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'm on a 5GB plan and I'm satisfied.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#34 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

Die hard unlimited user. If VZW makes me give it up then they lose my family plan, currently at $200 / month with extra lines, multiple data plans, and addons.

I, by myself, use 15+ GB a month, even with being on a WiFi connection most evenings. No way I'm going to try to share a data plan under 20 GB....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 running Android JB (rooted) via Tapatalk HD
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#35 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

So they don't offer data plans per phone? Everything is shared? And how much do you get for the shared? I'm currently sitting at 4gb and don't want to lose this, but if I upgrade will I?

#36 droidrazr99

droidrazr99

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

You cant have a dumbass for a salesrep when you go to get your new phone, tell them what you need to keep if all good upgrade! get there name (just in case it changed something it wasnt supposed to) oh and dont let your better halfs sister change her plan when she is last one keeping you grandfathered in!lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#37 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

So they don't offer data plans per phone? Everything is shared? And how much do you get for the shared? I'm currently sitting at 4gb and don't want to lose this, but if I upgrade will I?

We calculated it. Individual data plans for 5 devices will still run more b/c my single data plan for over 15 GB costs more than half what I am paying now.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 running Android JB (rooted) via Tapatalk HD

#38 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm now using a Nexus 4 on T-Mobiles $30 100 minute, Unlimited Texting, 5GB plan.

Verizon has better coverage but it's not $100 month better ;)

#39 BobD

BobD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBoston Area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

I've been with Verizon for about 20 years. I've moved on and ported over my 4 remaining phone for a plan with unlimited 4G, Phone and Text.
Coverage is just about the same as Verizon but cost is $70/ month less. Worth checking out www.wireless50.com

#40 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

If there signal was better, I'd switch. It sucks to have to balance the scales, between the overpriced plans and poor signal. For now I'll stick around on vzw's overpriced BS, and keep my unlimited data with good coverage areas. I'll buy a phone full price (tax return style) and stay with it until VZW manages to ruin that too. Haha. I figure it's just a waiting game at this point.

I feel the same way..... as a trucker I have to have reliable signal .... vzw has been the most consistent across the country .......

sent from my JB RAZR .... tapadriving

• neckchop likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Front Page Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users