mozart

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola Droid 4; Razr M; Droid Mini

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

I now root :-)

You have to let the tool only work,it goes very slow!

Wait and wait....

Then it goes on.

and root is on the Phone!

#22 JaySwift

JaySwift

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

Towelroot says no!

What is the App "CVE-2014..." ?

pressing this is all black.

If you do not flash the firmware first it will fail . "CVE-2014" is installed when you run hydrogen peroxide , it in turn will install towel root and tell you when to open towel root . Don't waist your time trying anything if you cant flash the firware because it will fail

#23 JaySwift

JaySwift

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

MotoFirmwarecenter no workie for me. :( Been trying to D/L the VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip from DrDevs but its stuck at Verifying download. Going to go to bed and check agian in the morning. Has anyone verified that this works? I've been at it for a while now with no success. Hydrogen peroxide V 1.0.0.1 works but towelroot gives "device not supported" When I try to use Hydrogen Peroxide v 1.0.0.5  IT reboots to AP fastboot stating: Failed Flash. Any help guys?

Droid Razor MAXX HD

183.46.15.XT926

Hydrogen Peroxide v 1.0.0.5  WILL NOT WORK and you will loop into fast boot everytime . You must use Hydrogen Peroxide xt926 ONLY AFTER YOU FLASH THE FIRMWARE .

To fix the fastboot loop download file from

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and follow these instructions .

Run installer and open cmd prompt inside
installation folder. Connect phone while in fastboot mode . Run commands 2,3,4,and 5 without the asterisks

1.adb reboot bootloader
2.fastboot oem fb_mode_set*
3.fastboot oem fb_mode_clear*
3.fastboot erase userdata
4.fastboot erase cache*
5.fastboot reboot*

• Nellis21 and eric09 like this

#24 Nellis21

Nellis21

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razor MAXX HD

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

WINNING!

I downloaded the VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip from the DrDevs site. It appears to already have these two lines removed already.

<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />

<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" />

To be sure I dowloaded  VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip from some Chinese website, since motofirmare is still down, just to compare.

My assumption seems correct so I pushed the VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip using RSD lite to the phone in Fastboot.

Ran Hydrogen Peroxide XT926 (its version 1.0.0.1 for any one else reading this is the Version you want)

My phone is now rooted.

I am on the Newest version OTA from Verizon Jul 29th 2014. I am only rooted and do not have the Bootloader unlocked since apparently you cannot do this.

So to make this easy I'll share my trials for anyone who did what I did and spent 5 hrs searching just to do it wrong.

Dowload RSD Lite:

Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool

-or-

Download ADB - APKTOOL:

Download VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip from 

Download Hydrogen Peroxide XT926 :

Step 1: Put your phone in AP fastboot

Push zip file VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip using RSD lite. Let it do its thing and it will reboot the phone.

NOTE: Make sure you have airplane mode on and developer options > USB debugging and Allow mock locations checked

Step 2: Open Hydrogen Peroxide and Run the "install root"

- Let HP run, it will reboot a few times, clear any on screen promts until the root tool tells you to run towel root.

* If you run into problems refer to the above post (#23) to fix your boot loop issue

* If there was any failures using HP, close the deamon and try it again but refer to the NOTE above.

-Turn off Airplane mode and connect to the internet then Make it Ra1n using towel root.

*if it says device not supported you failed to do step 1

Step 3: open Super SU and grant it access to do its thing

- you can also download a root checker if you want but if you have made it this far you are GTG.

Step 4: Press any key in the HP deamon and it will reboot to flash recovery. Let the tool do its thing until it says:

"Device may now be unplugged. Enjoy Root."

Step 5: Win!

You did not have to download the ADB tools unless you needed them. However, they are handy to have on your PC.

I hope this may help out anyone who will attempt to root in the future.

#25 karlsdroids

karlsdroids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M, XT894, A956

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Bookmarking....just in case I upgrade.

Thanks folks for figuring this out and leaving the steps here for others to find.

#26 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Bookmarking....just in case I upgrade.

Thanks folks for figuring this out and leaving the steps here for others to find.

If you aren't on the .15 build, there is no reason for this at all.  You can get to where you can unlock the bootloader from any of the previous builds as the .10 build is exploitable. 

• SamuriHL and johnthehillbilly like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#27 karlsdroids

karlsdroids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M, XT894, A956

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

I'm already unlocked but I have no idea what version the phone is on. I bought it with a Vanilla ROM on it and recently switched to a CM ROM but would like to up/ downgrade to eliminate some issues I'm having with data handoff issues.

#28 mozart

mozart

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola Droid 4; Razr M; Droid Mini

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

lucky You :)

not need any more!

#29 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:13 PM

You won't brick your phone if all you want is root . I actually tried to unlock the bootloader and it didn't brick the phone , it just failed to flash recovery . To root follow this :

Download hydrogen Peroxide xt926 from here:

or

Download VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip from here :

1. Open VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml inside the zip and remove all LINES with the word "var" . There are only two .
2. Put phone in fastboot mode
3. Flash zip with RSD Lite v6.1.4 or higher
4. After flashing restart device and install and run hydrogen Peroxide xt 926 . follow all onscreen
instructions , and you're rooted .

Note : hydrogen Peroxide xt 926 will install Towel Root 3. Device must be connected to the internet while towel root is running.
This will root the xt926 but still will not unlock the bootloader

THXS for the post !!

Had another razr hd laying around and used MOTO 4.1 to flash VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC.

The main thing is at the very end when it says you are rooted and now bring up towelroot . I hit make it rain and hit any key for

hydrogen Peroxide at the same time and now Im rooted. SWEET !!

Cheers!!

#30 factreg

factreg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

does this method work for XT907? (downgrade and unlock).

i ask since 926 and 907 are almost same device and similar firmware

#31 JaySwift

JaySwift

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

does this method work for XT907? (downgrade and unlock).

i ask since 926 and 907 are almost same device and similar firmware

I cant say since i don't have a 907 . I have a 912 and 926 and the 912 didn't need it . If I were you I would find and download the original firmware before trying it . Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 droidtempuser

droidtempuser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

THXS for the post !!

Had another razr hd laying around and used MOTO 4.1 to flash VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC.

The main thing is at the very end when it says you are rooted and now bring up towelroot . I hit make it rain and hit any key for

hydrogen Peroxide at the same time and now Im rooted. SWEET !!

Cheers!!

Hi Guys, My 926 received the auto update and when it reboot the date and time are stuck in december 2014. I tried using above methods but every reboot and factory restore etc keeps coming back with old date and time. It wont update over network or cell network. I have tried some other tricks of airplane and unchecking use network time etc...it wont let me manually set the date and time...just ignores what i put in. So when i do the above method..everything works but when i get to the towelroot part, the make it rain says connect to internet..this is because geo is using https for his data transmission with towelroot and obviously with my phone being stuck in 2014 certs do not work and towelroot wont connect. Does anyone know away to do towelroot offline? or fix this stupid time issue? btw seems like alot of people had this issue if you look at moto/vzw forums.

Thanks in advanced

#33 brandomine

brandomine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

You won't brick your phone if all you want is root . I actually tried to unlock the bootloader and it didn't brick the phone , it just failed to flash recovery . To root follow this :

Download hydrogen Peroxide xt926 from here:

or

Download VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip from here :

1. Open VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml inside the zip and remove all LINES with the word "var" . There are only two .
2. Put phone in fastboot mode
3. Flash zip with RSD Lite v6.1.4 or higher
4. After flashing restart device and install and run hydrogen Peroxide xt 926 . follow all onscreen
instructions , and you're rooted .

Note : hydrogen Peroxide xt 926 will install Towel Root 3. Device must be connected to the internet while towel root is running.
This will root the xt926 but still will not unlock the bootloader

This works!!! PLEASE USE 

VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip INSTEAD AND JUST FLASH, THIS ALREADY IS MODIFIED

#34 my2008

my2008

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:42 AM

After root can I install custom ROM?

#35 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:11 AM

After root can I install custom ROM?

No, you need an unlocked boot loader or a Safestrap type recovery, and neither exist.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• eric09 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#36 my2008

my2008

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:23 AM

Will find a way in future?

#37 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,446 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:29 AM

No.
  • my2008 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#38 my2008

my2008

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

Is this not a way?

#39 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

From my understanding of this method it has gotten some people root access but attempts to unlock the bootloader results in a bricked device. If you are trying to gain root access to for TiB for backups it works. Flashing a custom rom requires a custom recovery which you have to flash from an unlocked bootloader.

#40 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

Is this not a way?

Your link is showing is this thread here on DroidRzr

But from its post over on xda. As the op says it will get you to the .15 build of KitKat on the Droid Razr HD (xt-926) and yes that will work.  The thread you have posted your question in has to do with the peroxide method of rooting for that answer my above post answers that question.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 183.46.15 downgrade, XT926, kitkat 4.4.2 183.46.15, motorola maxx hd kitkat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users