#1 roostersmash

roostersmash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I've just recently rooted my Razr Maxx (XT912), and successfully used Safestrap 3.11 to flash in other ROMs. I created a back up before flashing any other ROMs...however, whenever I activate the stock ROM option in the boot options menu, it says safestrap is disabled after rebooting and gets stuck in a boot loop (it has a blank screen and cycles through small vibrations). I can still get back to my stock rooted ROM, but only through creating and using another ROM slot and restoring my original backup.

Is there something I did wrong that makes it so I can't use the stock ROM option? Or do I just not understand the concept of the "stock ROM" option in the boot options menu?
  • bullhead likes this

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Have you tried clearing cache/dalvik cache for stock? If you can backup and restore it to another slot, I'd have to think first it is hanging on bad cached data.

#3 roostersmash

roostersmash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yes. After activating the stock ROM in the boot options menu, it says I there is no OS installed when I go to reboot. So I figure I have to load my original backup, and after I do that (even with both cache types wiped, and factory reset) I notice it says "Safestrap: disabled" after rebooting. If I continue from this point, i get stuck in the boot loop. If I use any of the other 4 ROM slots, no matter a back up or a new flash, "Safestrap: enabled" always appears and things work fine. Safestrap just doesn't seem to like the stock ROM for some reason...

#4 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:johndpackard
  • LocationBoston

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I guess it is a know issue that you can not flash anything to the stock slot. Ask me how i know...

Even thought the change note says you can flash to it, you cant. Hopefully 3.12 will roll out soon for our device so we can get our stock rom back...
Droid Razr on Verizon

#5 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Sounds like you wiped the system slot in safestrap (ie.no os installed)
1. safestrap on stock rom is disabled so it will boot stock

2. worst case start up rsd with phone in flash recovery and reflash stock from computer then reinstall 3.11 and no more boot loops

p.s. yes when booting the stock rom its on non safe side so it disables safestrap its still there working but no boot options because you are booting stock

P.S.S. just because it lets you install on stock rom doesn't mean it'll work!! just an FYI i tried it and boot looped my bonic had to get a factory cable to re install stock i'm lucky i had that option save me from a brick
  • Assuredd likes this

#6 buschris

buschris

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

when you boot the stock rom it will always say safestrap disabled. mine does. I guess somehow the stock rom got messed up.

#7 CamoMike

CamoMike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

when you boot the stock rom it will always say safestrap disabled. mine does. I guess somehow the stock rom got messed up.

100% correct. Safestrap is only enabled when booting into other ROM's/slots.

Boot into Safestrap (I love version 3.11), activate your stock ROM slot and restore your image. Sounds like the stock ROM got bombed somehow.

#8 jmnjms

jmnjms

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:jammonjms
  • Google+:jamesscottjr

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'm using Safestrap 3.11 & I'm not able to see anything on my external SD card? Is this normal? Sorry if this was already asked or I'm in the wrong forum... It has happened with 2 separate ROMs now in any of the other slots..

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#9 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm using Safestrap 3.11 & I'm not able to see anything on my external SD card? Is this normal? Sorry if this was already asked or I'm in the wrong forum... It has happened with 2 separate ROMs now in any of the other slots..

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Is this happening when you are trying to install a ROM?

Droid Razr on Verizon

#10 jmnjms

jmnjms

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:jammonjms
  • Google+:jamesscottjr

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Is this happening when you are trying to install a ROM?

No, this is after the ROMs have been installed & have come up to their UI..

#11 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

No, this is after the ROMs have been installed & have come up to their UI..

Have you tried different file viewers? I have had trouble with astro, and used a different one and it worked fine...
Droid Razr on Verizon

#12 EmuKenji

EmuKenji

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

What I Did:
1) Wipe User Data & Cache
2) Run Matt's Unbrick Utility (make sure you have the proper drivers installed and running)
3) Re-install Stock JB Leak
4) Restore apps and other data
5) Profit and Enjoy!
F**K YEA!!! lol :)
Note** Make sure your stock rom slot is selected and wiped in SafeStrap (as a precaution)

#13 EmuKenji

EmuKenji

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

What I Did:
1) Wipe User Data & Cache
2) Run Matt's Unbrick Utility (make sure you have the proper drivers installed and running)
3) Re-install Stock JB Leak
4) Restore apps and other data
5) Profit and Enjoy!
F**K YEA!!! lol :)
Note** Make sure your stock rom slot is selected and wiped in SafeStrap (as a precaution)

Note** after unbricking wipe user data and chache once more before installing. Also, Use stock recovery (moto recovery) do not use Safestrap recovery to re-install stock JB

#14 jmbode

jmbode

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

nm

#15 zenrubble

zenrubble

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

I was in a meeting the other day and connected my phone to my laptop via the USB port. At some point the phone became unresponsive, so I unplugged it, forgetting that I should probably unmount it. At that point my phone bricked. I had been running Android Aggression in Slot 1 and was unable to load the backup to get it up and running. FInally after much sweating and trying different things, I was able to get the stock slot active and rebooted into stock, so at least I am not dead in the water.

After getting it back up and running, I rebooted into SS and tried to configure Slot 1 so I could either restore a previous version of Agression or completely reload. However, SS will not let me create a ROM Slot.

Have I somehow corrupted SS? I have the apk on my phone, should I just try to install it over the existing version? Any suggestions are appreciated.

#16 barkleyfan

barkleyfan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I guess it is a know issue that you can not flash anything to the stock slot. Ask me how i know...

Even thought the change note says you can flash to it, you cant. Hopefully 3.12 will roll out soon for our device so we can get our stock rom back...

You can, however, restore any backup you wish on the stock slot.

#17 barkleyfan

barkleyfan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I was in a meeting the other day and connected my phone to my laptop via the USB port. At some point the phone became unresponsive, so I unplugged it, forgetting that I should probably unmount it. At that point my phone bricked. I had been running Android Aggression in Slot 1 and was unable to load the backup to get it up and running. FInally after much sweating and trying different things, I was able to get the stock slot active and rebooted into stock, so at least I am not dead in the water.

After getting it back up and running, I rebooted into SS and tried to configure Slot 1 so I could either restore a previous version of Agression or completely reload. However, SS will not let me create a ROM Slot.

Have I somehow corrupted SS? I have the apk on my phone, should I just try to install it over the existing version? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Try going into SS folder and deleting old slot1 with a file manager.

#18 zenrubble

zenrubble

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

"Try going into SS folder and deleting old slot1 with a file manager."

Thanks for your response. That is basically what I ended up doing. It turned out I didn't have enough memory, so dd just as you suggested and was then able to restore from a recent backup. All is well.

#19 smithfolk4

smithfolk4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

I am having trouble since I updated to JB from ICS. It was a long process, but I got the update and had a good stock ROM running. I also updated from Safestrap V2.11 to 3.11 somewhere along the line,but I can't remember if I used Matt's utility for that or not. I did go back later and move the old SS backup folder to the external SD card based on reading in the XDA forum that you should do that. I didn't do it before upgrading though.

I flashed a custom ROM and it is working fine. Now I cannot get into my stock rom (boot loop) and I cannot restore either of two stock backups that I made with safestrap. When I open Safestrap from the custom ROM, it says Recovery State: Old Version,Safe System: Not Active. It also has a small 2.00 lower on the screen. I am not familiar enough with Safestrap to know what these mean and whether they may hold some clue to my being able to get the stock system back without a big hassle.

Any help or info on the above would be appreciated.

#20 blackops1125

blackops1125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Rooted Avaitor Rom

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

so many problems with Razr's & safestrap, and of course no word out of Hashcode! I think he no longer cares about us razr users! I have being hearing the same problems asked in many other forums and not one reply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users