#1 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

nothing major so far, except that I cant get Smart Lock to work for my home location....

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

I just realized the partition is down to a 32GB not the 64 my phone has......what a PITA!!!

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

Since the disk issue is caused by flashing their userdata image which seems to be 32GB, maybe you can add a format command to the script Sam....wouldnt hurt if it was already 32 and would definitely save the PITA I am going through :)

my .02

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:58 AM

Yesterday my text messaging was going wonky. Cleared the app cache etc, still no go. Installed several other SMS apps, nothing. For giggles, I installed VZW messages and what do you know, it works. I hope like crazy that this was a fluke. I'm going to make a backup then do a full wipe flash and see what happens today. I find it very convenient that the VZW N6 release, 5.1 release and this issue occurred on the same day......

sent from my N6

• matjmonk likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

Yesterday my text messaging was going wonky. Cleared the app cache etc, still no go. Installed several other SMS apps, nothing. For giggles, I installed VZW messages and what do you know, it works. I hope like crazy that this was a fluke. I'm going to make a backup then do a full wipe flash and see what happens today. I find it very convenient that the VZW N6 release, 5.1 release and this issue occurred on the same day......

sent from my N6

My wife was having all sorts of text messaging issues on her Turbo yesterday...seemed better today...i wonder if it was a systemic issue.

#6 jpowers61

jpowers61

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:jpowers61
  • Google+:jpowers61
  • LocationNorth Eastern New Jersey
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Nexus 6 (32gb) Blue

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

OK the issue I am seeing is in my Jeep wrangler. Uconnect is not syncing Bluetooth voice recognition correctly..

Press Bluetooth on steering wheel speak name and picks wrong person sometimes... Trying to debug exactly what names don't work. Some work all the time some not so much

JEEPTM the most fun a married man can have without getting served from Divorce Lawyer :D

#7 jpowers61

jpowers61

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Going to try reloading the phone contacts list ???

JEEPTM the most fun a married man can have without getting served from Divorce Lawyer :D

#8 jpowers61

jpowers61

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:43 AM

OK only my WIFE so never mind :) :D

#9 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

I just realized the partition is down to a 32GB not the 64 my phone has......what a PITA!!!

Did you get this resolved?  I have a 64gb and don't want to lose half, so reading;-)

#10 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

yes, immediately after flashing the factory image, I believe a "fastboot -w" should do the trick.....or you can boot up into TWRP and format the data partition.....since you have to do that, make sure you have anything you may want already backed up.....and copied off the device.

GL 

• hectorlumbago likes this

#11 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

yes, immediately after flashing the factory image, I believe a "fastboot -w" should do the trick.....or you can boot up into TWRP and format the data partition.....since you have to do that, make sure you have anything you may want already backed up.....and copied off the device.

GL 

Finally had time to get this done.  HON went smooth as silk, was ready to have a smaller partition, but came back at 52 of 54.6 free.  Must have done something wrong;-)  thanks for the support

• cmh714 likes this

#12 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

If you say no to wiping data in HoN then you won't run into that issue as it skips flashing the userdata partition.  Hence why I didn't see the issue.  :)

• cmh714 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#13 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

Understood Sam. I wanted to start completely clean so chose to wipe data....again, I figure the fastboot -w line couldnt hurt....but hey, its your tool :)

#14 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

If I get into the code to update anything else, I'll add a fastboot erase userdata after the flash line which will fix it.  But I'm not going to release a new version just for that since the fix is fairly simple and most HoN users will be keeping data.  Nonetheless, next version I release will have a fix.

• cmh714 likes this

#15 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Thanks Sam!! one less place for people to mess up :)

• SamuriHL likes this

#16 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

Found a reason to update the HoN.

#17 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

always looking forward to see what you give us Sam :)

PS...I am having issues using unyaffs on the image....will keep trying.

#18 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Just found a bug in the script so, that's not going to work just yet.  Not sure wtf is wrong with it.  I'm looking.

And yea, I don't think it's straight forward, but, someone knows how to do it.

#19 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

seems like its based on yaffs but I was first having compile errors, then found a yaffs patch, then it seemed to compile fine. But when I run the command, I cant find the output anywhere so not sure....

also from my quick reading, it seemed like you might be able to use it to extract directly from the device.....

if I work it out, I will let ya know.

#20 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

Yea, I'd like to know how to do it cause the gpt partition controls the magic of being able to force flashing to a locked device.  That's a very powerful thing to know about.

• cmh714 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users