ergon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

We all know that to root the Maxx HD one of the first things you do is boot into , what I call, stock recovery. Phone off hold volume up & down and the power button until it goes into recovery. Well, when I try this the recovery screen pops up just long enough to read a couple of items then it will reboot without me taking any action. I've tried it several times and the same occurs each time. The phone is stock, of cource, and on OTA JB. Any ides?

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

We all know that to root the Maxx HD one of the first things you do is boot into , what I call, stock recovery. Phone off hold volume up & down and the power button until it goes into recovery. Well, when I try this the recovery screen pops up just long enough to read a couple of items then it will reboot without me taking any action. I've tried it several times and the same occurs each time. The phone is stock, of cource, and on OTA JB. Any ides?

Fastboot back and re-update, push recovery alone via fastboot, or take it into Verizon.

#3 ergon

ergon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Got a dead Droid with a red triangle with exclmation point. Got it back up. I may be a noob hear but this isn't my first rodeo. Guess I'm looking from help in the WRONG place. Ne conjuge nobiscum.

#4 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

We all know that to root the Maxx HD one of the first things you do is boot into , what I call, stock recovery. The phone is stock, of cource, and on OTA JB. Any ides?

Unless this is a new jb root method, no you don't boot in to stock recovery. Grab the RAZR HD tools here. It will walk you through the process but you will have to fast boot back to ICS last I checked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#5 ergon

ergon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Unless this is a new jb root method, no you don't boot in to stock recovery. Grab the RAZR HD tools here. It will walk you through the process but you will have to fast boot back to ICS last I checked.

I can't find RAZR HD tools with search. Could you please give me a link? It's not under "here".

#6 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

I can't find RAZR HD tools with search. Could you please give me a link? It's not under "here".

First let me start by saying welcome to DroidRzr. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Now, with that said, lay off the attitude a little bit. You claim to know what you are doing, yet you are trying to root your phone while on JellybBean which is not yet possible for the Razr HD. Then you further prove you don't know what you are doing by explaining that you know you have to root from the fastboot screen, which is also grossly incorrect. Now, after all of that, you want to cop an attitude with those who are trying to help you. Not a great way to start a new relationship.

So, lets start over, and I will help you out a little bit. First let me explain the process of rooting the Droid Razr HD.

1)You must Fastoboot back to Ice Cream Sandwich, as their is no root for JellyBean yet. This is done in the Fastboot screen you were referring to earlier. You can do that with the Utility provided

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. Choose option #1.
2)After you have Fastbooted back to ICS, you will want to go to Settings/About Phone/System Updates and accept the small OTA update for ICS. This will not take you to JellyBean. You do not want to accept the next OTA yet, just this first small one.
3)After the phone has rebooted and is all back up, you will want to go into Settings/Developer Options and tick the box next to USB Debugging.
4)Now plug the phone into the PC again and run #2 on the utility to root the phone. This is done with the phone booted up as normal. Be sure to follow all of the instructions on the PC screen during the root process.
5)After the phone has rebooted and it is all rooted, head to the Play Store and go to Settings/My Apps and look for Superuser. Update this app.
6)Open the Superuser app and swipe right, look for update binaries and hit it. Let it update, then close it.
7)Plug the phone back into PC and hit #3 on the utility. This will install an app called OTA Rootkeeper. When it has installed, go back to the Play Store and update it.
8)Open the rootkeeper app and hit the Protect Root button. Make sure that button is replaced by 2 buttons that say "Delete su backup" and "Temp. un-root".
9)Hit the Temp. un-root button and close the app.
10)Go to Settings/About Phone/System Updates and get the next update. This will take you back to Jellybean.
11)Once the phone has rebooted open the rootkeeper app and restore root.

This should put you on Jellybean rooted. All of this information is available "here". "here" = this forum, and if you had read a little more you would have found it. So, please in the future try to seek out the info a little more, and if you cannot find it at least be a little more cordial with people who are trying to help you. None of us are paid to be here, so a little compassion goes a long ways.

Please enjoy your newly rooted phone, and be sure to visit the roms forum for the Razr HD after you are all done and rooted. There are some sweet roms already out for this phone.
  • Narffran, tucstwo and dvgb131 like this

#7 ergon

ergon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

"Then you further prove you don't know what you are doing by explaining that you know you have to root from the fastboot screen, which is also grossly incorrect." I didn't say that Sniles did, Take a little time and read it again. You can't welcome with one hand and slap me in the face with the other. I'm a retired federal agent and the attitude came with the job. See I don't care if you like my attitude or not and you're being an rear end. I've jailbroken and rooted phones since the first iPhones to the S3. I just happen to be dyslexic and have ADD but my IQ is 145. The maze of actions to root this phone, along with the contradictions, makes it hard for me to follow.

Thanks so much for your kindness and understanding for a 64 yr. old disabled individual who simple needed some help and was given information that only locked his device. I had knowledge to get it functioning again. Your asinine attitude is ............ so disconcerting.

I'll see if I can't get another Tab II. or another S3. The admins there really try to help. P3 and Wug have personally helped me out several times. Some still respect their elders. To think I fought and killed so you could talk down to me.

#8 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

"Then you further prove you don't know what you are doing by explaining that you know you have to root from the fastboot screen, which is also grossly incorrect." I didn't say that Sniles did, Take a little time and read it again.

No, I was basing that of off your statement shown in the quote below.

BTW, stock recovery is actually what you found in the quote here.

Got a dead Droid with a red triangle with exclmation point. Got it back up. I may be a noob hear but this isn't my first rodeo. Guess I'm looking from help in the WRONG place. Ne conjuge nobiscum.

You can't welcome with one hand and slap me in the face with the other. I'm a retired federal agent and the attitude came with the job. See I don't care if you like my attitude or not and you're being an rear end. I've jailbroken and rooted phones since the first iPhones to the S3. I just happen to be dyslexic and have ADD but my IQ is 145. The maze of actions to root this phone, along with the contradictions, makes it hard for me to follow.

Thanks so much for your kindness and understanding for a 64 yr. old disabled individual who simple needed some help and was given information that only locked his device. I had knowledge to get it functioning again. Your asinine attitude is ............ so disconcerting.

I'll see if I can't get another Tab II. or another S3. The admins there really try to help. P3 and Wug have personally helped me out several times. Some still respect their elders. To think I fought and killed so you could talk down to me.

As for who I show respect to....
I am very thankful that you served our country to protect my freedom, and I would never take that from you. For that I show respect.

However, as for age, I'm not exactly a kid myself, and I have always believed respect is earned. Being older does not give you an excuse to be rude to other people when you are confused.

The fact of the matter is, I don't care if you are 15 years old, or 90 years old, when you come here treating people they way you did I am going to call you on it. I spend a LOT of time making this forum a better place and helping others and never ask for a thing in return, not even respect.

So with that said, there is no reason to leave. Just simmer down a little, and get that phone rooted. ;)
  • Thach, markymarkmark12345, Narffran and 3 others like this

#9 ergon

ergon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Thank you.
  • neckchop and DarkOverDroid like this

#10 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Thank you.

If you have any trouble with it, or get stuck, feel free to post back in this thread, or PM me.

#11 nerv666999

nerv666999

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx HD & droid razr maxx

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

WTF? Wow I have never witnessed such a display of patience. It feels like there must be a post or two missing because as it is I fail to see how anyone would be aware of a members age, service record, or anything else without more than a little effort, effort better spent finding an answer to ones problem. I tip my hat to you guys as I was ready to suggest taking a flying leap at a rolling pastry or at the least one of those flip phones with the huge keys and oversize display.... just kidding

#12 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I didn't say that Sniles did, Take a little time and read it again. You can't welcome with one hand and slap me in the face with the other. I'm a retired federal agent and the attitude came with the job. See I don't care if you like my attitude or not and you're being an rear end. I've jailbroken and rooted phones since the first iPhones to the S3. I just happen to be dyslexic and have ADD but my IQ is 145. The maze of actions to root this phone, along with the contradictions, makes it hard for me to follow.

Wow..so what if you served our country? That gives you the right to start making smart remarks? I was trying to help you despite being possibly tired or in a hurry. Usually I don't even hand out in these help forums. I prefer talking to the devs because I have a high technical understanding of Linux and android and programming. People posting in this forum are typically to lazy to search and because of that, these type of help forums get the same few questions over and over and over again. I simply tried to offer my knowledge to assist you leaving open the possibility something had changed as I had been away from the forums for a few days and alot of development can take place over night. Let alone a few days. I did mention the wrong forum when I said here. Again tired or in a hurry I made a slight mistake. I would apologize normally but in this case I am glad. I made a simple mistake so you turn in to a smart rear end about it. You sound like a senile old man. You would think a vet would have thicker skin. Furthermore how should we know you are a vet? You are a vet..good for you. Not everyone here is from the us. I don't care who you are. I tried to help, and got a smart response from you for no reason. Kiss my rear end for all I care. Normally I have the up most respect for any one that is a vet or serves there community. You deserve no respect vet or not.

#13 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Oh and try using an accurate thread title. Classic example of threads I usually shy away from because some one is to lazy to research as you have proven.

#14 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

I think all that needs to be said here has been. I'm going to lock this up before it gets ugly. Lets all just try to remember that we were also new and confused at one time.
ergon, if you still need assistance, feel free to PM me.

#15 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Yes thank you Jeremy.

It helps as 24v stated before , if you start of a thread , ex " Root problems" . Then report your method and outcome, PC used, cable, program , origin of method etc etc. Bringing the facts of your personal life into the site, is unnecessary. We have many active and non active service men/women on our site. Personally I hold the highest regards for them, it doesn't increase your status on a phone hacking website. If you feel you were mistreated in any way , feel free to pm me anytime you want. Thank you and god bless.

DirtyDroidX

Tapped from my XT926, XT913 or SCH-i535.

• markymarkmark12345 and zooyork0721 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users