• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:41 AM

Hello all. I am look in at getting the Turbo. I am currently using the Droid HD MAXX 32 gig. Unlocked bootloaded and Downgraded to JB. Would like to know what everyone thinks of it as well as there experience using it. It seems to be a better phone than the Moto x 2014 (2nd gen) and about the same as the Motorola Nexus 6. Just a few things different but more the same. I would be buying the phone out right from Best buy. EBay has them $150-200 for a used one. Rather have a new one. Also any info about rooting and un-rooting for warranty work.

Thank you.
Claps1775

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#2 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

My fiancee just got the turbo 3 days ago, it is a beast. Battery is phenomenal, performance is great. The downfall: currently no root exploits, and definitely no unlock exploits. Root is rumored to be done, but not released yet. jcase confirmed that Sunshine cannot unlock it. So if you're okay with losing root and custom ROMs, go for it.

Also, it hasn't received a Lollipop update, which for such a new phone is sorta a bummer. It is in Soak Test though, from what I've read.

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#3 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

Thank you. I would love to root and just freeze unwanted APIs but disabling them works too. I watch NFL network and Twitch.TV on my phone a lot. Larger screen is better for my eyes. My fiancé has the HTC M8 and is a nice phone. The screen and smooth graphics make a big difference. Not sure about the Nexus 6. I need to seem them and get a feel. I an sure or rioting that it will be getting more and more challenging. Why I will never sell my RAZR and HD Maxx. Never know when you might need them.

Droid RAZR white back up. Outter box white/Gray.
Droid HD Maxx black current. Outter Box Defender white.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#4 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:18 AM

I am going to wait till the price comes down some and more info on rooting comes out. Updating from JB to KK now. Then current custom ROMs that have support. Again, thank you for the info.

Droid RAZR white back up. Outter box white/Gray.
Droid HD Maxx black current. Outter Box Defender white.

#5 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

I am back looking at a droid turbo again. Found one in great condition for $264 free shipping. I know the S6 and G4 has better specs and 6-8 core processor and display. Plus they are newer. Is the droid turbo still a phone to get and will last? 2 years? I been a Motorola droid fan since OG Droid 1 came out. How much important is the processor speed vs ram? 3gig and 4 core great or is that seeing lag now? Best way to speed up a computer is ram. Same for phones? What down falls has anyone seen so far? does the turbo shine now it can be rooted or has life stopped on rooting for phones?
I do not game much but would look at playing hearthstone. I do a lot of video streaming and net surfing. I would be doing APS like fitness, nutrition, fantasy football, NFL network Ect. Any feed back would great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users