Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Google+:finnintaylor1214@gmail.com
  • LocationLe Roy NY
  • Current Device(s):Verizon LG Revolution 4GLTE, Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

Hi Everyone, i recently acquired the Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR M XT907 from a friend. Its not activated on any wireless networks, nor does it have a functioning sim card. it came with a sim card, but when i insert the sim card it tells me that there is no sim card inserted, ive tried everything and cant figure it out,, but thats for a different time, lets move on to why im really here,

My friend gave me the XT907, My current phone at the time was the LG Revolution, and i attempted to transfer my phone number to it so i could use the phone. but i ran into the SIM card problem so i stopped and decided to just mess around with it.. I was able to the XT907 Running Android 4.1.2,  fairly easy and fast using the TowelRoot Method. now when i try to flash any type of rom, or recovery, or even factory reset my phone it takes me to the Fastboot menu then it says this.

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.98(*) (sha-le9f557, 2013-09-25 16:16:38)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable

Failed to hab check for recovery: 0x56
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure

Any ideas as to what could be the issue?

#2 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:31 AM

You must first unlock the bootloader before installing a recovery or a ROM. Lucky for you, you are not on the latest update. Check out the threads here using House of Moto or RSD Flasher and update your device to the KitKat firmware ending it .10. Do NOT update to .15. After updating to the .10 firmware you can use an app called Motopacalypse to unlock your bootloader and begin flashing. Edit: thread for the firmware you need:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[FXZ]-4.4.2-183.46.10 Sent from my Blissful RAZR M 5.0.2 from Tapatalk
  • Scirca_xD likes this
Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#3 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

You must first unlock the bootloader before installing a recovery or a ROM. Lucky for you, you are not on the latest update. Check out the threads here using House of Moto or RSD Flasher and update your device to the KitKat firmware ending it .10. Do NOT update to .15. After updating to the .10 firmware you can use an app called Motopacalypse to unlock your bootloader and begin flashing. Edit: thread for the firmware you need:

[FXZ]-4.4.2-183.46.10 Sent from my Blissful RAZR M 5.0.2 from Tapatalk

i did as you have described... SUCCESS!! except i didnt see aan app called motopocalypse installed and i lost my root but idc about that, but if i manually enter fastboot mode  while phone is powered off then it still gives me the same message in the fast boot menu, except it sais fastboot rease: boot menu selected

#4 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

says fastboot reason: boot menu selected

All that means is you are in the fastboot menu because you hit the buttons to get there.

• Scirca_xD likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#5 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

• Scirca_xD likes this

#6 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

how do i unlock it...

All that means is you are in the fastboot menu because you hit the buttons to get there.

how do i unlock it the AP Fastboot mode cuz it sayss its locked

#7 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

how do i unlock it...

how do i unlock it the AP Fastboot mode cuz it sayss its locked

If you got to .10, this little write up will walk you through unlocking.

Sent from my Blissful RAZR M 5.0.2 from Tapatalk

#8 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

If you got to .10, this little write up will walk you through unlocking.

Fantastic a success.. i get the screen starting up that says WARNING this device is unlocked and warranty and what not.. now to install a custom recovery like cwm , can i use ROM Mananger i paid for the premium, i used the ROM Manager by ClockWorkMods to flash cwm to my LG Revolution 4.1.2 Rooted, can this method be used as well for my Razr?

#9 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

Fantastic a success.. i get the screen starting up that says WARNING this device is unlocked and warranty and what not.. now to install a custom recovery like cwm , can i use ROM Mananger i paid for the premium, i used the ROM Manager by ClockWorkMods to flash cwm to my LG Revolution 4.1.2 Rooted, can this method be used as well for my Razr?

That should work, I've used Rashr and Flashify. As for the actual recovery, I've had the most success with TWRP. Latest build here:

[Recovery]TWRP-2.8.5.0-(03-14-15)

• Scirca_xD likes this

#10 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

That should work, I've used Rashr and Flashify. As for the actual recovery, I've had the most success with TWRP. Latest build here:

[Recovery]TWRP-2.8.5.0-(03-14-15)

No offense but I prefer cwm's recovery aforementioned above. Now, the phone is not activated on a network I have an issue with thee sim card it says it cannot be read I just got or from the Verizon store today if I go back tonmorow and get a new sim card will my phone be able to be activated on the network being as its rooted and bootloader unlocked ?

#11 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

Or since my device is unlocked can't I use any sim card?

#12 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

TWRP seems to be the best working recovery for the M. People seem to have issues with CWM all the time. Also, the recoveries for this phone aren't official, so you won't be able to use ROM Manager to flash them. You'll have to DL separately and flash with those apps Kronik mentioned or flash in fastboot.

You'll be able to use a sim on your phone. Every device in my house is unlocked and three of them have been on VZW at some point.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#13 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

TWRP seems to be the best working recovery for the M. People seem to have issues with CWM all the time. Also, the recoveries for this phone aren't official, so you won't be able to use ROM Manager to flash them. You'll have to DL separately and flash with those apps Kronik mentioned or flash in fastboot.You'll be able to use a sim on your phone. Every device in my house is unlocked and three of them have been on VZW at some point.

I'll try TWRP then, as for the sim how do I do it I have a brand new sim card with me right here and when I turn the phone off and take it out and put it back in thne n reboot my phone it still gives me the sim card error

#14 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

Don't get confused by bootloader and sim unlock. They are not the same thing.  Bootloader unlock gives you the ability to flash firmware and recoveries. Sim unlock has to do with network.  The droid is a verizon exclusive phone and is mainly designed for their network (cmda) though they also have global functions for GSM.  It depends on the carrier you are going to link with is compatible with your phone.

• RikRong likes this

#15 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

So how do I get a sim card to work like I said I put a brand new sim card in today from Verizon and it didn't work although they put it in and that was when my phone was stuck in the AP Fastboot mode and they didn't know how to get around it to activate it

#16 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

I downloaded Flashify and the TWRP.zip what do I select on this screen

76.09KB   6 downloads

#17 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

So how do I get a sim card to work like I said I put a brand new sim card in today from Verizon and it didn't work although they put it in and that was when my phone was stuck in the AP Fastboot mode and they didn't know how to get around it to activate it

You may be able to activate it online.  If not a (Looking to make sure no one else is listening) call to their support may be necessary.  Could also be a bad sim, it has happened before.

#18 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

I downloaded Flashify and the TWRP.zip what do I select on this screen attachicon.gif

yup

#19 Scirca_xD

Scirca_xD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLe Roy NY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

yup

What do I choose out of the three options

#20 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

What do I choose out of the three options

You can wipe delvak and cache but don't wipe data. also after finishing the flash choose to boot to recovery.  Don't reboot normally because the stock recovery will over write the custom recovery the first boot.  After you get twrp to boot up then all is ok to boot back to system.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Android, Motorola, RAZR M, XT907, Fastboot, Locked, Root, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users