20 replies to this topic

#1 zonda95

zonda95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

So starting last week a "?" started to appear as my battery symbol so i restarted it a bunch and it magically went away but as of yesterday it came back and wont go away. I am rooted and i used bootstrap to reset the battery stats and it didnt help. Also mid summer i put in the razr maxx battery and it was working fine until now. Also when i first tried to root it i soft bricked by tring to flash back to GB but I then installled ICS from my sd card and from then on it said i had a droid razr maxx but i just noticed yesterday that it says i have a droid razr again. So i am wondering if i can just reinstall that .zip from my sd card with no problems or would have have to downgrade, or are there any other ways of fixing this. Also it doesnt seem to charge i check the voltage of my battery and its 3.6ish so i dont really have too much battery left.

#2 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

use matts 1.82 utility,i'll get you a link

#3 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

you should have posted in help section,but i'll move after you get straightened out,also you need to get some charge in that battery before you use utility

#5 zonda95

zonda95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Ok I'll download it soon and try it and report back whether it works, also since i can't charge it what would happen if i do run out of battery while trying to fix it, i have my og battery at home though, not sure if it will work

#6 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

if you run out of battery doing the utility you will softbrick your phone and would need a factory cable to restore phone,if your battery is bad you should replace that first

#7 zonda95

zonda95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

well my battery is too low to run the restore so i guess ill have to wait until i get home then change out the battery to my old one and see if it works.

#8 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

smart move,you can get me tonight after battery change,if you like quicker on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#9 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

For point of reference, don't bother using Bootstrap to wipe battery stats. For one, Google has said not to bother with it. Secondly, it is wiped automatically when you unplug it from a charger.

#10 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

he won't have it after 1.82

#11 zonda95

zonda95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

ok so i chaned the battery and then checked to see if it worked, it did so I restored ics and then rerooted and then changed out my battery back to the maxx one and now the stus light just is white and i cant get into recovery or anything.

edit: I plugged into a wall charger and it started to boot but i still get the question mark for the battery smbol (and that battery died so..)

#12 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

only thing i can suggest is factory cable to see if your phone is ok(hardware problem).Factory cable will bypass battery and work,that would indicate a bad battery and also ? mark issue

#13 zonda95

zonda95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

I have a factory cable ( from my og droid) but still works as a factory cable but im not really sure what you are saying to try but because when i updated to .211 originally with the blur.211 zip it said i was a razr maxx and then when i started getting the "?" for battery it said i was a normal razr, maybe that could possibly have something to do with it, its a long shot but can i just reinstall that update from the zip while still on .211 or do i need to downgrade back to .181 first.I'm thinking probably the latter but I'm not sure, or that it is even possible.

#14 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

More than likely you have a DEAD battery. I had that on my DroidX and a new battery solved my issue.

#15 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have a factory cable ( from my og droid) but still works as a factory cable but im not really sure what you are saying to try but because when i updated to .211 originally with the blur.211 zip it said i was a razr maxx and then when i started getting the "?" for battery it said i was a normal razr, maybe that could possibly have something to do with it, its a long shot but can i just reinstall that update from the zip while still on .211 or do i need to downgrade back to .181 first.I'm thinking probably the latter but I'm not sure, or that it is even possible.

the cable you have is a standard usb cable,you need a special factory cable,it bypasses your battery and powers your phone so you can fastboot back to 211 and then be able to charge your phone

#16 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

OK so at this point you have a few options.

but ill start from the beginning. your phone lost the ability to read the true charge point via hardware. this happens when the levels of the battery wont match the battery stats. and while this is supposed to happen when you unplug while the system is on. it doesnt always happen. in times of crack flashing you can jumble this lovely situation.

what to do about it. Grab a Factory programming Style cable. this is not the the lovely cable that came with your device but the one you can buy from team blackhat.. Make sure you have Fastboot files for the system you were just on. and you should use RSD lite for this situation. once you fastboot you want to pop into the stock recovery. you need to wipe cache first and then factory reset. this might take a few times running this but you will eventually restore your battery status.

please be careful about using chargers and cables for other devices as they arent always the same voltages and amperage that the stock charger is. This can damage your battery or trick your phone into thinking its getting more power than it is.. Rate of charging does matter on this device.

if you have other questions please feel free to message me.

with much love...

VANTEN KIEST :P
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#17 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

More than likely you have a DEAD battery. I had that on my DroidX and a new battery solved my issue.

While i am very proficient with replacing components on the droid razr. I would not tell just any normal member to go head and replace a battery on a device that doesnt have a "removable battery"
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#18 zonda95

zonda95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

So today i decided to try to charge up the battery using my rc car charger and see what happens, i got it up to 4.2v which is its normal max voltage and put it back in and it didn't help. Thinking i might just buy a new battery because they are fairly cheap now.

#19 zonda95

zonda95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

well i fixed it by changing out the battery to a new maxx one.still not really sure why the other one doesnt work . also i checked and once i put the maxx battery in the model number changed back to a razr maxx

#20 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

While i am very proficient with replacing components on the droid razr. I would not tell just any normal member to go head and replace a battery on a device that doesnt have a "removable battery"

Not sure what you think you read, I never suggested that HE replace the battery. Just said it sounds like it could be a dead battery.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users