#21 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

i would like to give this a try.  where do i enter these commands? does any one have a script to run?

Dagalicic, grab a terminal emulator from the market.

type these commands into it, after turning WIFI OFF :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You'll have to permit the terminal SU access after typing "su".

Feel free to change the last bit (MAC address) to wherever you like, though be careful not to choose a MAC address that is already owned/used by another device on your network (the chances are slim, but ya know, would cause the same problem if it happened).

Good luck, let me know if I can help any more.

#22 vey9

vey9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:21 AM

Dagalicic, grab a terminal emulator from the market.

type these commands into it, after turning WIFI OFF :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You'll have to permit the terminal SU access after typing "su".

Feel free to change the last bit (MAC address) to wherever you like, though be careful not to choose a MAC address that is already owned/used by another device on your network (the chances are slim, but ya know, would cause the same problem if it happened).

Good luck, let me know if I can help any more.

Old thread, but I wanted to let others know that this worked for me and it's the only thing I found on the 'net that would. It caused a permanent change to my MAC on one device, which is what I wanted.

Apparently, the stock rom also assigns the MAC in the software as well. Maybe when it is initially installed, the calibrate command is run, I dunno.

I got in this fix because I have two Bionics, both on stock Jellybean 4.1.2 and I thought I would be clever and use a Safestrap backup to install all the software and settings. It worked very well until a new router I have refused to allow two devices with the same MAC to access the 'net. It would sign them both on and it would assign both devices the same IP address, or when I disabled DHCP and assigned them different IP's, but only one would be allowed to get out.

Mucho thanks to ChrisP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users